Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ladies and gentlem, and some alien members. Recently some msn convo's have taken place, which has had tsr members in it. This is like it's own form of chat. Well, some people might be interested in this. So, if you wish to join in the chat convo and chat to members faster than usual, then read on.

How it works:

You add 1 e mail to your msn messenger, the e mail is [email protected] This will be your main convo navigator. Instead of needing to add loads of members, this 1 account will add you, because it will always be online when the conversation is active. It will give you information about the next MSN convo chat. When that next msn convo chat comes, you will be added to it. Whether you wish to stay or not is your choice, but when that account is online, you can request to be added to the convo.

The convo:

The conversations will mainly be on a saturday night. Usually around 9pm UK time. If you are unaware of UK time, please ask me on that account.

The account:

Now, you do not have to worry about your e mail, all e mails obtained on this account will not be given out to anyone if they request. If they ask for your e mail, your permission will be needed first.
    If this becomes a popular saturday night feature, then i will bring in a perl bot, which will have the power to navigate you all faster and easier. It will also have it's own chat room built in with it. The perl bot will be an msn messenger bot.

The next conversation on msn will be at 9pm UK time. If you want to join in, please add [email protected]

Thanks for reading.

ReputationRep:
    [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    This is not necessarily a good thing... its bad enough with 17 members let alone half the forum. Nobodys computer is going to be able to take that kind of pressure and I doubt MSN can either :cool:

ReputationRep:
    LOL tis was funni on here last nite..in the "LOOK AT THE TIME CHILDREN" thread...
    but i'll give this a shot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    This is not necessarily a good thing... its bad enough with 17 members let alone half the forum. Nobodys computer is going to be able to take that kind of pressure and I doubt MSN can either :cool:
    which is why i am thinking about adding a perl bot, that would be able to limit the amount better than i could. There will be a limit though. So if someone leaves a new person will be added, be like a queue. If i manage to get a perl bot, i will be able to arrange multiple convo's so that you can decide which 1 to go in.

last time i got added into one of those convos with 7 other people, it was pretty hard to keep up with what was being said. added to the fact the people kept changing their names

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MorbidAngel)
    last time i got added into one of those convos with 7 other people, it was pretty hard to keep up with what was being said. added to the fact the people kept changing their names
    I might be able to find an easier way for you guys to keep up with conversations. But i will need some time to organise it.

ReputationRep:
    LPK how do u add perl bots to msn.....i thought u could only do this to aim and mIRC..??? help
    thank u almity LPK, ur genius far supasses mine

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GiBB*)
    LPK how do u add perl bots to msn.....i thought u could only do this to aim and mIRC..??? help
    thank u almity LPK, ur genius far supasses mine
    well first you need perl, download a bots file via a forum (which i need to re-find) make sure the bot has it's own account. Get ssl updates from the bots forum place. Run bot.pl and follow instructions. It then signs your bot in and runs it as you have requested. It is programming the bot that is tricky though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bilal786)
    You may find this funny but you seem to be a person always in these convo's, Bilal :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    which is why i am thinking about adding a perl bot, that would be able to limit the amount better than i could. There will be a limit though. So if someone leaves a new person will be added, be like a queue. If i manage to get a perl bot, i will be able to arrange multiple convo's so that you can decide which 1 to go in.
    Will there be some control as to who everyone is. I mean usually the worst thing is the confusion in who everyone is - especially if anyone from TSR can join it could be anyone. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    Will there be some control as to who everyone is. I mean usually the worst thing is the confusion in who everyone is - especially if anyone from TSR can join it could be anyone. :confused:
    There is no real way to find out, but i might use something different instead of a msn chat convo. But i have less than 2 hours to arrange something. :eek: For now, it is an msn convo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bilal786)
    :creep: *sticks pencil up nose* :vroam:

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    You may find this funny but you seem to be a person always in these convo's, Bilal :rolleyes:
    I just find it funny how you've organised it soo much. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I'll do it as long as people don't send nudges, otherwise it is the most annoying thing on earth. It killed my computer last time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feefifofum)
    :creep: *sticks pencil up nose* :vroam:

:p:
    Ow! That was sore.

*pulls pencil out and sticks a pen up* :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    There is no real way to find out, but i might use something different instead of a msn chat convo. But i have less than 2 hours to arrange something. :eek: For now, it is an msn convo.
    time now = 8.20
    time of convo = 9.00

time to convo = 40 mins. :rolleyes: me thinks. Different like? Although I should stop asking you Qs and let you get on with it.

(Original post by LPK)
    you want to start it at 9pm. its now 8.20. you have 40 minutes. GO!!!

(Original post by feefifofum)
    I'll do it as long as people don't send nudges, otherwise it is the most annoying thing on earth. It killed my computer last time.
    disable nudges. if someone tries, itll come up saying you have received a nudge but thats it

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.