The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
usually depends on how hard you work..
Some people can get good grades without working much
but usually, if you work hard, you will get it.
Just make sure that even if you get really good predicted grades you don't think that you're going to get them no matter what, cos as the name says, they ARE predicted, and your actual grades can differ. If you work for it though, you'll be perfectly fine :smile:
Reply 2
My predicted and target grades were vastly different. My target grades were based on a statistical model that a certain percentage of people with my GCSE results would score those grades or better. Hence i was targeted BBCc. My predicted grades were the ones i was given with my reference for UCAS and were based on the teacher's opinion of how they thought i should do and they were AAAa.

I don't know if this was specific to my school or whether other schools use the same nomeclature.

So i was expected to make my target grades, no problem. My predicted grades were what i could achieve if i put the work in.
DeeDub
My predicted and target grades were vastly different. My target grades were based on a statistical model that a certain percentage of people with my GCSE results would score those grades or better. Hence i was targeted BBCc. My predicted grades were the ones i was given with my reference for UCAS and were based on the teacher's opinion of how they thought i should do and they were AAAa.

I don't know if this was specific to my school or whether other schools use the same nomeclature.

So i was expected to make my target grades, no problem. My predicted grades were what i could achieve if i put the work in.

We got a computer predictor thing aswell and then teachers predict grades depending on AS scores, the computer predicted me Ds and Es which is always a great motivator.
Reply 4
I always get low predictions, then I smash them by several grades.
Reply 5
My target grades were based on a statistical model that a certain percentage of people with my GCSE results would score those grades or better

Yes, my school used the same model. It is based on an average GCSE point score. There were some statistics released earlier this year where about 40% of predicted grades are incorrect. However, with the introduction of the modular system, you will be able to track your progress as the course progresses.
Reply 6
I think I get better, my GCSE predictions were all E's and one D, yet I got 1A* 3As 4Bs and 2Cs =) and one U cause I managed to persuade all my teachers to let me sit the higher papers except one who refused to so I didn't bother to do anything for that lol
um my AS's dunno if i did too well in them in improving from predictions but I went from a D to a B in Bio which was a big highlight for me =D yay
Most people acheive or exceed their predicted grades.
I how ever fell short by a long one.
Predicted: AAB
Achieved: BBD
Reply 8
I was predicted AAA+ based on my GCSEs so no pressure there then.
I have so far achieved at AS.
One of my friends was predicted CCCD based on GCSEs and achieved ACDD
Another friend was predicted CCCC and achieved BDDD
One guy was predicted AAA+ also and he achieved BBCC at AS
these are just AS results btw and my school isn't very good/doesn't motivate people to achieve highly.

Depends on the individual I would say :smile:
Quite a lot of people are predicted grades based on their GCSEs. I was predicted Ds and Cs because of my GCSEs, but came out with AAAb. :yep:

Predictions are quite frankly a load of ********.
Reply 10
inksplodge
Quite a lot of people are predicted grades based on their GCSEs. I was predicted Ds and Cs because of my GCSEs, but came out with AAAb. :yep:

Predictions are quite frankly a load of ********.

Yeah prediction based on GCSEs aren't actually accurate for a lot of people!

GOod that my school doesn't predict me based on what I got in GCSE...
My predicted grades are higher then people who got 8A*s in GCSE when I only got 2!
Reply 11
Nope, it's sometimes the opposite. I was predicted all Bs but did a bit better, whereas my mate was predicted all As and got BBCD.
Reply 12
Erm.. this depends -- if you're going to the States the NO, because people tend to slack off...

But erm, I think it depends on the teacher really -- I know some teachers who are REALLy harsh and some who are "overly optimistic"
Reply 13
People generally get their A-level predicted grades as they are made by your specific subject teachers, on the basis of your work and AS marks, which count for half of the A-level.

Predicted grades given by computers after doing a stupid test and inputting your GCSEs are the biggest load of bull I've ever come across. I got predicted CCDD and some people got predicted As and Bs who have never achieved higher than an E grade. :frown:

The main problem at most schools is kids wanting higher predicted grades than their teachers are willing to make!
For AS based on my GCSE's I was predicted BBCC, my teachers predicted me ABBC. In the end I got ABCc for AS, hoping to push that up to ABBc with a resit.
Reply 15
Predicted: A, A, A/B, B.
Got: A, A, A, C.

At GCSE I started off being predicted 2A's, 6B's, a C and C/D. I got 9A's and a B, but was predicted an A* and 9A's by the end of them. So it depends on which way you look at it, really.
sinesquared.
Most people acheive or exceed their predicted grades.
I how ever fell short by a long one.
Predicted: AAB
Achieved: BBD

so... what are you doing now? im predicted a BCC, my AS's were pretty ****... c's, d's and u's and i feel like its the end of the world. the only way i can look at it is that i can't go lower than this. any words of advise and recommendations ? even tho im applying for uni i don't think they will accept me. i hvnt sent my UCAS yet but will before the 14th of november. please help. :confused:
blackmyst3ry
so... what are you doing now? im predicted a BCC, my AS's were pretty ****... c's, d's and u's and i feel like its the end of the world. the only way i can look at it is that i can't go lower than this. any words of advise and recommendations ? even tho im applying for uni i don't think they will accept me. i hvnt sent my UCAS yet but will before the 14th of november. please help. :confused:

Well your optimism is needed. Please dont feel like its the end of the world..i did that and look at my grades. At As i got BBCD and i was OHMYGOD IM A FAILURE and i freaked all thw ay through A2.
At the moment ive reapplied through UCAS and am resitting some modules to try and achieve an AAB/AAC by june 2010. Ive got offers from unis so im pretty happy as i thought being a resit student would mean rejections flat out.
Seriously you can turn this around, just work hard. And not like stressed out, frantic hard. A calm and organised manner will work. I mean im teaching myself independanty this year and im doing so much better than i ever was in sixth form. So its all in the technique of your revision and your mindset.
Sorry for long reply, you just sound really down.
Hope this helped in a way.
:smile:
For my sake, I hope so :smile:

Need to work my arse off for these resits.
Reply 19
I met my predicted grades at both GCSE and A-level.

Latest

Trending

Trending