Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wobblyguy)
    So he doesnt regain sanity??? Does the storm represent insanity?

lear doesnt gradually get insane during the extract , the storm represents his mental state as he shouts at the storm, reflecting upon his confusement with his daughters, i suggest you do a little background re4ading to get your barings on his state of mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aplin)
    so would you comment upon this is question 2?
    ja. but depends what u found most useful.

ReputationRep:
    What's the main points of text 5. So far, I have no notes!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wobblyguy)
    So he doesnt regain sanity??? Does the storm represent insanity?
    He partly begins to realise about half way through the extract his insanity - because he suddenly realises that he's cold, and asks the Fool if he is cold also - I think this represents him coming out of his own little world and back to reality.

The storm is pathetic fallacy i.e. imagery for his conflicted mental state.

Hope that helps!?

ReputationRep:
    Cheers beculus, v.helpful!!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh isn't this wonderful!! 2 1/2 hours of pure joy tomorrow afternoon!

ReputationRep:
    I look foward to it, I only need 15 marks for a C and 75 for a B... so really its a challenge to get a B or if not a C, but are good enough grades to take me to Uni.

OK guys. any one pleaseeee, pleaseeee, pleaseeee got 2-3 quotes from each which reflect the attitudes and values/meaning from each one? I could really use these ^^

plus I am sure people who post some quotes will get reped XD

ReputationRep:
    am currently screaming due 2 lack of ict in my brain and thenm after even thinking about doin english....at least my last 1's on friday...phew
    my teacher never taught us the 2nd question in the paper and i'm finding it difficult 2 learn all the approaches..any advice on what else i cud write?

ReputationRep:
    I'm just going to waffle randomly for question 2 and hope Iget some marks!

ReputationRep:
    really you just write how you answered number 1, you really need to know at least 2 or 3 approashes... least contextual, feminest and marxism and you should be fine, those are the main ones in the pre-release ^^

still, any one with any quotes? Please >.<

ReputationRep:
    trust me to find this amazing page the night before the exam!.. im so stressed, A2 english exam tommorrow!.. Eek!.. neway.. before i start stressing anyone else out!.. i needed some advise on context for the lear piece i was wondering if any of the historians could tell me about what the Elizabethans thought of madness and the cause of it?.. i was hoping it would be the devils doing's.. so i could relate that to the text as a whole..

sheena.v.. look at earlier posts thers some good advice on question 2.. and im so confused about it, couldnt begin to start explaining it to you.. sowie! xXx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aplin)
    my teacher says write as much as possible in my college because no one checks lol.
    You do get random checks. My friend's friend got excluded from the Anthology exam last year because he had lots of notes/full sentances in his analysing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by P1nkPrincess)
    You do get random checks. My friend's friend got excluded from the Anthology exam last year because he had lots of notes/full sentances in his analysing!
    I had to go get a new pre-release today because my mates thought i'd get disqualified for having too many notes! It happens sure enough.

ReputationRep:
    how much is too much do you reckon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz87)
    Its on the front of the pre-release. I didn't mean to worry anyone. As long as its not continuous prose you should be ok. Or probably listing stuff like 'Linguistics: This person is phatically...etc' cos that might be considered planning ur essay. Everything'll be fine, i think pople who have visited this site obviously care enought o, so therefore have put the effort in and will do ok!

ReputationRep:
    it states on the booklet-

breif annontations - no moree than cross reefrencing and glossing of individual words or phrases

highlighting and underlining allowed

no essay planning/aides-memoire

No post its!! or etacher discussion

Im gonna go slightly over what they say cos i cant get evrything down otherwise. gonna b up til about 2 doing it as well!

ReputationRep:
    they usually say that you should have only highlightings and annotations in the coloumns.. but as long as you havent got essay plans or chunks and paragraphs of notes.. its true no one checks! xx

ReputationRep:
    i hope my spelling isnt that bad under exam conditions or im def. doomed

ReputationRep:
    Lets all think positive thoughts!!

ReputationRep:
    So is everyone in agreement that 1 2 and 3 are prob best from the lack of 4 and 5 on the site?
    Anyone planning on doing all of them? someone was planning on doin that earlier on and it sounded craaaazy!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.