Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ...How many places let you do this? I know of some (Manchester, Oxbridge) that mention it on their website/prospecti, but was wondering if it is possible anywhere else.

Thanks
    Sarah

ReputationRep:
    Imperial were flouting it when I went on an open day there.

ReputationRep:
    If doing it as an intercalation, you usually have to intercalate a BSc first, unless you already have one.

I have a friend at Imperial who's mid way thru' his intercalated PhD at ICM, and I did my D.Phil at Oxford before medical school.

ReputationRep:
    Just speaking to my friend on MSN and he said RUMS/UCL also allow you to do an intercalated PhD immediately after your intercalated BSc, meaning that you get a BSc PhD MBBS in 8 years instead of the normal 9.

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham also allow it - and you can intercalate in either arts or science:
    http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/planning...ees2005-06.htm

ReputationRep:
    Wow, cheers Fluffy/ThePenguinMafia!

Am looking at UCl and Notts which is all good. Hmmm I could end up with an impressive string of letters after my name with all the Fellow/Member of Royal college stuff! (totally why I'm doing it )

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.