Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The post/pm goes for me as well =)

All hail the mooncup :adore:

ReputationRep:
    Still not sure about this... Have known about the mooncup for a while, but the idea feels a bit icky to me! Plus I haven't tried to use tampons since I was about 15 (when I didn't manage that either).

I may have to have a talk to myself at some point to see if I think it's worth it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louenn)
    Still not sure about this... Have known about the mooncup for a while, but the idea feels a bit icky to me! Plus I haven't tried to use tampons since I was about 15 (when I didn't manage that either).

I may have to have a talk to myself at some point to see if I think it's worth it!!
    They let you send them back for a full refund if you decide its not for you, IIRC they melt them down again etc to make into a new one...so you could always give it a try
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Sephrenia)
    They let you send them back for a full refund if you decide its not for you, IIRC they melt them down again etc to make into a new one...so you could always give it a try
    They've stopped the money back guarantee thing now I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    They've stopped the money back guarantee thing now I think
    what?! thats silly...

ReputationRep:
    I love my mooncup to death! An alternative to baby sterilising tables/Milton is to wipe with a disinfecting baby wipe (Look for them in Boots, Superdrug, Sainsburys, Tesco... everywhere, basically!).

ReputationRep:
    Could someone tell me if you can ride a horse with a mooncup in?
    Thanks for the heavy thread too everyone

ReputationRep:
    well i can ride a bike with mine, and i've heard of people horseriding. i think you can pretty much do anything!

ReputationRep:
    Celebrate good times come on!

ReputationRep:
    I have a divacup which I've used for a few months and the only difference I've noticed between that and the Mooncup is that it has a wider but shorter stem, which is good IMO.

It's funny people saying that they're "icky", because as far as I'm aware the same sort of people said the same sort of thing about tampons when they came out.

I'm never going back to Tampons or towels. I always found towels a little smelly anyway.

Diva cups come in prettier bags than Moon cups... P

ReputationRep:
    Okies, have decided to go out and get myself a mooncup. Even though I suppose the environmental benifits are rather large, I suppose my main reason is convenience.

But just one query I wouldn't mind being answered, I know they say that you can use them at night time and everything, but is that still fine if you sleep for maybe 10-12 hours? Not that I do usally, but occasionally I really need a lot of sleep and it's always bugged me that I can't use tampons at night for fear that I'll oversleep and get TSS or something... And I hate night time pads because I swear they still leak and stain everything.... urgh...

ReputationRep:
    This was very informative (and amusing!).
    I've been wanting to try one for a while as I hate the usual sanitary products about. Switched to cotton tampons but I still don't like the things (they're flippin' expensive too!). Left mooncups alone before because they looked far too fiddly.

I've been swayed!
    Woo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insanespana)
    Okies, have decided to go out and get myself a mooncup. Even though I suppose the environmental benifits are rather large, I suppose my main reason is convenience.

But just one query I wouldn't mind being answered, I know they say that you can use them at night time and everything, but is that still fine if you sleep for maybe 10-12 hours? Not that I do usally, but occasionally I really need a lot of sleep and it's always bugged me that I can't use tampons at night for fear that I'll oversleep and get TSS or something... And I hate night time pads because I swear they still leak and stain everything.... urgh...
    Its fine to sleep in overnight, I tend to sleep for 10 hours or so, so I just use a panty liner overnight, and thats usually enough if it leaks [which its only done once or twice in the past age...]. My mooncup normally lasts most of an entire day after the first day or two.... =)

ReputationRep:
    How do you know when to empty?
    I bought one the other day but haven't tried it yet..

ReputationRep:
    about as often as yuo change a tampon. but depends on flow. you'll get used to knowing when it needs to be changed.

ReputationRep:
    When I took it out I nearly passed out from the pain, how the hell do you remove it easily?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)
    When I took it out I nearly passed out from the pain, how the hell do you remove it easily?
    I believe you're meant to squeeze the mooncup tightly in order to break the vacuum seal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)
    If you squeeze it slightly...I hear a little intake of air, then I pull it out diagonly - so one edge comes out ebfore the other - if I ahve problems taking it out then i almost fold it back into quarters again to get it out - my fingers get a bit bloody but it does come out. You dont really need to squeeze it tightly - just enough to form a little gap in between the walls of you vagina and the mooncup so air can get in is enough =)

ReputationRep:
    ah thankyou

ReputationRep:
    ive seen the mooncup before, i somehow stumbled across the website, i did consider it, but didnt have a way of ordering things online then, but i do now, i think i might give it a try.
    i really hate towels, im always worried i'm gonna leak outside them if they move, and just hate the way they feel. I much prefer tampons, but they kinda annoy me too, they always seem to kinda leak.. like the top half it clean, but the bottom half is full, and its leaking down the string, which really annoys me!
    Thank you for your post about it!! I didnt expect to find this kinda post here, but i really appreciate it!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.