Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've found using sterilisng liquid [as in tablets that you drop in a tub of hot water] makes it really clear when its dried. Mines never been yellow.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, been using my 'cup for a few months now and started to notice I smell different down there!
    Do people reckon its just cause I'm no longer sticking bleach up meself or something more sinister?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loz_fairy)
    Hey, been using my 'cup for a few months now and started to notice I smell different down there!
    Do people reckon its just cause I'm no longer sticking bleach up meself or something more sinister?
    Err..what? Why were you "sticking bleach up [yourself]"?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Fleece)
    Err..what? Why were you "sticking bleach up [yourself]"?
    i think she's referring to tampons being bleached...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    i think she's referring to tampons being bleached...
    spot on lol

If i had been sticking just bleach up meself...probably would have encountered a problem by now eh! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hahah yes, well I did begin to worry!

ReputationRep:
    yep the eggcup claim is a load of shisor

ReputationRep:
    Maybe only that amount of blood is realised but it is mixed with other stuff?
    Was the teacher male?

ReputationRep:
    Yea I figured that, cause its not like fishy or unpleasant or anything, just stronger....

might get it checked out anyway..can't do any harm right

ReputationRep:
    Hmm.. today is my 3rd day as a mooncup user!

my only problem as the minute is getting the damn thing out. I'm really struggling. I can't seem to get a grip on the stem at all (did I cut it too short?) and I can only really get one finger in at a time, which isn't all that helpful.

...did I just admit that on a public forum?! :O

ReputationRep:
    hah don't worry i'm the same, I just sort of hook my finger round it and wiggle it around....and like you I admitted that on a public forum!! argh!

ReputationRep:
    I tried a mooncup for the first time today and I cut off quite alot of the stem. I am a bit worried though as I could feel the cup inside me. I think this means it needs to be inserted higher up (?) or that I didnt form a seal properly (?). I'm a bit worried that if I do this then the stem will be too short (and I'm too tight to get more than one finger along side the cup), any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    I have one but it wasn't very comfortable for me. I kept it in for a few hours and whenever I moved I could feel it moving too. I checked that it had formed a seal and it had seemed to. What am I doing wrong?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Probably, it either wasn't far enough up or the stem was too long. Did you cut the stem?

ReputationRep:
    I hade one, but it was soo incredibly uncomfortable, although it didn't leak it was not worth the pain

ReputationRep:
    they have adverts for this in the loos at my dept at uni. i've been curious about it, and reading this thread has been interesting
    i'm in two minds

ReputationRep:
    I have cut the stem, so I'll try putting it a bit further up. How do I know when it's up far enough?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    When you don't feel it

ReputationRep:
    is the stem might to be sticking out at all once it's in, or should you not be able to see anything?

ReputationRep:
    Just to let people know, ive had mine for a couple of months now, and i wont go back! its great.. ive got used to using it, which did take a little practise, but once you get it, its so much better than the alternatives! yay for mooncup!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.