Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophisticated)
    Guys just don't understand that kind of stuff.
    lol, nope. my bf is at once confused, disturbed and fascinated by it.

ReputationRep:
    I got one the other month, I will admit I'm a little nervous to use it (as daft as that sounds), think it's the size that's a little intimidating. Just waiting for that time of the month to give it a try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Debs)
    I got one the other month, I will admit I'm a little nervous to use it (as daft as that sounds), think it's the size that's a little intimidating. Just waiting for that time of the month to give it a try

The beauty of the mooncup is that you can try it in and get used to how it feels and how to put it in before your period perfectly safely. I suggest you try it before your period so you feel comfortable with it when the time comes. I always put mine in a couple of days before my period is due. That way I never get leaks.

----------------
    Now playing: Bon Jovi - Who says you can't go home (feat. Sugarland)
    via FoxyTunes

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I notice that mine leaks sometimes in the morning - sometimes when its been in for ages.

ReputationRep:
    I think after two months of constant nightly leaks, I'll have to resort to tampons at night.

ReputationRep:
    I've just purchased a mooncup. I HATE tampons they are so dry, cause soreness when my periods are unduely extended (probably due to having the implant for contraception but hey ho its better than getting pregnant), I buy soooo many and I always manage to waste some, 'cause you can't 'try again' with the same one if you mess it up and then I run out and I'm like aaaaaahhh!!

I love the mooncup, took like a minute worth of practice, not had any leaks (can't really understand how it could leak but I do believe the above posts). Doesn't hurt to get it in, easy to check its fitted right, easy to lube up if needs be (with water based lube of course!), and easy to clean

Love it, recommending all girls try it

ReputationRep:
    Mine leaked for the first time yesterday. Obviously I'd done sopmething wrong, not sure what thought?

ReputationRep:
    Any chance that it didnt unfold properly? Mine occasionally takes a minute n I can feel it unfold as I move :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Possibly, perhaps I forgot to check... or maybe those tint holes were blocked and the seal didn't form properly

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of getting one of these, but I've heard some bad horror stories about the things getting trapped up 'there' resulting in a trip to A&E. Does anybody get panics with the mooncup?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bexicle89)
    I'm thinking of getting one of these, but I've heard some bad horror stories about the things getting trapped up 'there' resulting in a trip to A&E. Does anybody get panics with the mooncup?
    They are almost always exactly that - stories.

Very, very little can actually get trapped up there, and a mooncup sits MUCH lower than a tampon.

ReputationRep:
    I've never even heard of these stories with regards to Mooncups. I really don't see how it could get stuck! Stop worrying and buy one

ReputationRep:
    The worst I've ever had is when my fingernails are short, and it's all slippy, and I have to try a few times to get a hold of it. It's more frustrating than anything else.

Hooray for yukky details, woo. I always laugh at the idea of people looking up what threads I've posted in, and finding this one. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

That is HIghly Highly unlikely.... I've herad one of those stories... I think theres only one tbh... and I'm not sure I believe it.

ReputationRep:
    As the others have said, mainly just stories.

People panic for all sorts of things. I guess if you're a first-time mooncup user, and you don't immediately get a grip on it and get it out, some people might freak out. There's no reason to though. When you freak out, your muscles clench, only making it harder. It's not like the mooncup has anywhere to go. If you start feeling uneasy, just relax, breathe — drink a glass of water if it takes your mind off it — and try again calmly.

I had some pain taking it out the first few times, until I just "got" the technique.

Oh, and having read the whole thread, and remembering comments about disapproving mums... I'd never heard of the mooncup until my mum gave me one, saying she'd seen it online and ordered for both of us, thinking I might want one. Been using it for nearly two years now. :adore:

ReputationRep:
    I would probably freak out if my mum did that (mainly at the fact she'd managed to order something online!) but that is pretty cool

ReputationRep:
    I bought myself a Mooncup after reading about them in the Uni toilets (interesting I know)
    Then converted my Mum and my Sis.
    They really are brilliant

ReputationRep:
    You also have to remember that they aren't like tampons, they don't really have a time limit.
    So if you are having problems getting it out, you can relax and take your time sorting it, don't have to go rushing to a doctor in case of TS

I love my mooncup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophisticated)
    I bought myself a Mooncup after reading about them in the Uni toilets (interesting I know)
    Then converted my Mum and my Sis.
    They really are brilliant
    The loos in Peter Chalk? Thats where I first saw them xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephrenia)
    The loos in Peter Chalk? Thats where I first saw them xD
    Yeah

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.