Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophisticated)
    Yeah
    I was at an Open day - my mum saw the sticker and was like 'EWWWWWWW' I was thinking 'That sounds interesting... *scribbles down name*'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eurasianfeline)
    so for someone who drinks and pees a LOT (me ) is it not as convinient with a mooncup than a pad then?

i've been using pad all my life. :p:

its just as convenient... Actually, its a lot more convenient! and comfortable you dont have to remove your moon cup when you go 4 a pee I only empty mine first thing in the morning and last thing at night

The mooncup is for me the best thing I have EVER bought. Period (no pun intended)

ReputationRep:
    I've finally got up the courage to order one :p:

I'll be sharing a house (and therefore bathroom) with 3 boys from September, and didn't fancy the idea of them seeing my sanitary products in the bins. There's certain things about girls that boys don't need to know!

Plus, it'll save me money. Excellent.

ReputationRep:
    Aw I'd forgotten about this thread, I really can't gush enough (seriously, no pun intended :|) about how much I love mine. I bought a 2nd after I lost the first one! £40 on mooncups seems excessive somehow, and yet it's just so damn good.

ReputationRep:
    Noever mind... it pays for itself twice in a year
    and they last 10 years... perhaps I should put £3 per month aside for a while... this is what I'd be spending on tampons... and now I can spend it on something so much nicer

ReputationRep:
    Okay I'm wondering if any of you can help me.

I'm seriously fed up of tampons at the moment, so I really want to try the mooncup. I've found them on the Boots website, but I'm wondering which section of Boots they would be in in an actual shop? I'll go in and have a look tomorrow after school but I'd really appreciate someone who actually knows telling me so I'm not walking around Boots like an idiot or having to ask someone who doesn't know wtf I'm talking about.

Another thing - if I get one, I'm blates not telling my mum. She wouldn't want to know tbh. So. How can I sterilise it without grossing my family out?

Thanks so much if anyone can help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    Okay I'm wondering if any of you can help me.

I'm seriously fed up of tampons at the moment, so I really want to try the mooncup. I've found them on the Boots website, but I'm wondering which section of Boots they would be in in an actual shop? I'll go in and have a look tomorrow after school but I'd really appreciate someone who actually knows telling me so I'm not walking around Boots like an idiot or having to ask someone who doesn't know wtf I'm talking about.

Another thing - if I get one, I'm blates not telling my mum. She wouldn't want to know tbh. So. How can I sterilise it without grossing my family out?

Thanks so much if anyone can help!

same section as the towels and tampons love, near the natural/biodegradable/none bleached towels and tampons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabloomybuzz)
    same section as the towels and tampons love, near the natural/biodegradable/none bleached towels and tampons
    Speedy replying, thanks a lot

I've never seen a natural/biodegradable/non-bleached towels and tampons section, but I will look near the normal towels and tampons section. I'm guessing they won't be in my tiny Boots, they never have anything, but a massive Boots is just a bus ride away so it's all good.

I'll be well sad if I can't find them

EDIT: Wooo the Mooncup website has a 'locate your nearest stockist' thing, and yeah my massive Boots does have it woah that was handy!

Hi I am looking to buy a mooncup as I think they are a great idea, however (I know this is TMI but I can't do it any other way) I can only get one finger up my vagina not two, will this cause a problem for insertation and removal??

Thanks...

ReputationRep:
    mooncow

ReputationRep:
    Oh is it true that with mooncups you have to sterilise them by boiling them in a saucepan on the stove? Because that just sounds a bit... ugh to me.

ReputationRep:
    It could be a problem but I would say it's still worth buying one and trying it out. The folded cup is definitely larger than a finger. If you still have an intact hymen the cup will pretty much break it and then you should be fine after that. If this bothers you I'd say the mooncup isn't really for you.

I only just bought one but already I think they're amazing. I got the hang of it pretty quickly but remember it can take a lot of practice and getting used to for a lot of people.

Edit: oh and I'd advise you to use the second fold in the instructions, that way the top bit is smaller.

Ok thanks I think I will buy one tomorrow. BTW did any of you have problems with insertation or removal at first??

Mine keeps on falling out

:mad:

ReputationRep:
    What in the hell is a mooncup?

I thought it sounded like some kind of bra...

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok thanks I think I will buy one tomorrow. BTW did any of you have problems with insertation or removal at first??
    yes. got easier after that though.

ReputationRep:
    I estimate that a folded-up mooncup is about as big as 2 of my fingers, or 3 fingers bunched up. You might need to practice a bit before you can get it up yourself. I have never had any trouble with getting mine in our out, personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecaterpillar)
    What in the hell is a mooncup?

I thought it sounded like some kind of bra...
    Ummm well it's not a bra :p:
    It's like a little cup thing that you use instead of tampons/pads and you insert it... umm yeah and it catches the blood, and you wash it and use it again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It took me a while to get settled with mine, but now I'm much more comfortable using it that I ever felt with tampons. Try getting used to it at home first - that way, if you have any problems with it, you can sort stuff out in your own bathroom, rather than in public toilets.
    Here's a thread with lots of info about Mooncups, might be useful.

ReputationRep:
    Mooonpiig dot commmmmmmmmmmmmm

sorry :o: it's stuck in my head now.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.