Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eurasianfeline)
    so for someone who drinks and pees a LOT (me ) is it not as convinient with a mooncup than a pad then?

i've been using pad all my life. :p:
    most people have no problem peeing with it in, it's just occasionally if your anatomy is different you'd notice anything.

personally, i think the comfort of not feeling like you're wearing a nappy, coupled with the peace of mind knowing you are not filling the landfills with non-biodegradable rubbish outweighs the couple of minutes extra it can take to change it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I finally got my mooncup in after having a few attempts, I've realised the angle is quite important! I then had a bit of trouble getting it out but I think with practise it'll get easier! so I just have a couple of questions.

1) Is it ok that I didn't feel the need to cut the stem at all? It felt comfortable and I think If I didn't have it I'd find it quite difficult to get it out! Also how high up is it meant to be cos mine went quite far up or should it sit just inside?

2) having got the mooncup in does this mean my hymen is torn completely or could I have got it in without tearing it. -The reason I ask is me and my boyfriend will probably behaving sex soon for my first time, and I'll feel more relaxed if I know that won't be a problem

Thanx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Katherine*)
    Hi I finally got my mooncup in after having a few attempts, I've realised the angle is quite important! I then had a bit of trouble getting it out but I think with practise it'll get easier! so I just have a couple of questions.

1) Is it ok that I didn't feel the need to cut the stem at all? It felt comfortable and I think If I didn't have it I'd find it quite difficult to get it out! Also how high up is it meant to be cos mine went quite far up or should it sit just inside?

2) having got the mooncup in does this mean my hymen is torn completely or could I have got it in without tearing it. -The reason I ask is me and my boyfriend will probably behaving sex soon for my first time, and I'll feel more relaxed if I know that won't be a problem

Thanx
    If the stem is fine for you then leave it and you are lucky! you are obviously the perfect shape! if it is comfortable and you can feel it and it doesn't leak then you have it in the right place so i wouldn't worry at all.

as for the hymen...the mooncup is quite big so i would have thought you will almost certainly have broken the hymen, but obviously nobody could say for definite. as long as you are relaxed and happy when you have sex you should be fine!

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou for getting back to me so quick glad to hear I'm "perfectly shaped" lol! Well now that I've cleared up that I have to say I think the mooncup is great Its so convenient and so much less messy and yucky than tampons and towels and less damage to the environment.

My perspective might be interesting to virgins thinking of trying it. It did take me a little while to get it in, how I got my head round it was to use a tampon(last time promise!) and then kind of 'remember' the angle when putting the mooncup in. It did feel like I was stretching the area but once it was in I couldn't really feel it. Taking it out felt similar to taking out a large tampon and as long as you break the suction-you'll know when you have cos you'll feel a pop it isn't a problem. I found it easier if I kind of pushed down (kinda like you might when giving birth) cos then I could reach the base and then by squeezing the base I got it to pop out.

You have to be comfortable with yourself so if you are squeemish about your own body it probably isn't the best idea. I had to run my finger round it once it was in to check it was unfolded and getting it out I had use my fingers again. It wasn't messy or anything but you'd have to be familiar with yourself 'down there' to know what you were doing.
    I hope my mini review helps anyone interested in getting it or who already has it and like me was struggling on getting it in and out.

katherine xxx

ReputationRep:
    I :love: my mooncup!
    My mum wasn't impressed though. She's too uptight about these things. But i have managed to convert a lot of my friends and my sister.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    my mum was visibly disgusted.
    mine too! i asked her to guess what it was. at first she was horrified and said it "looked rude," and when i told her her draw dropped, her mouth opened wide and she threw it out of her hand!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenna999)
    mine too! i asked her to guess what it was. at first she was horrified and said it "looked rude," and when i told her her draw dropped, her mouth opened wide and she threw it out of her hand!
    hahahahahahahaa i'd be too scared to tell my mum if i got one- though spose i'd have to use her credit card to get it off the internet... oh well

ReputationRep:
    my mom once went into my room to look for the blow-dryer...and opened my drawers, even THE drawer with all my little "monthly friends" :eek:

thank god i threw away the tampons i borrowed just a few days before...or she would have cracked up my butt next. :reddy: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Nice post <3 ^v^
    One question: Is it harder to insert a mooncup into your girly area than a tempon? Just wondering.

ReputationRep:
    its slightly harder to insert because you have to hold the cup folded in half and then half again.

ReputationRep:
    my mum was visibly disgusted.

-

but anyway, katherine - is the stem not poking out at all? because it must be at least just inside, for reference
    I can't feel it maybe I've got it in too far but it feels completely comfortable without having to trim anything.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it great when someone's comfortable in their own body? Beautiful, almost.

ReputationRep:
    Ok has anyone else had a mooncup accident.
    I came back on today so out came the mooncup. It went in fine all was lovely except I could still feel the stem a bit because I haven't trimmed it properly yet. Anyway I got back in and thought this has to come out so I can trim the stem, and I just couldn't get the bloody thing out. I've always managed it before without many problems but I couldn't break the vaccuum seal on it properly. I got it down so it was nearly out but then couldn't get it fully out I was doing everything it says on the instructions but the bugger would not come out properly. It was absolutely killing me and I panicked because I couldn't get it out properly and ended up yanking it out and it made me bleed (not period but where I cut myself) quite a lot and I'm not quite sore on my lady parts.
    I'm hoping this never happens again. Has anyone else ever had problems getting it out?

ReputationRep:
    it still hurts :mad: girls be very careful.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: use painkillers, hope you feel better soon.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Viviki,

Vacuums seem to get stronger the more you pull directly against them. Why not gently push a finger against the base/sides of the cup a little to relieve the suction lock. It might cause a little blood to dribble over the side (but only a teeny bit) then the suctions broken and you're free to remove it

ReputationRep:
    I tried that it just would not break suction. I literally tried everything thats in the manual, I tried pushing in the sides, I tried getting my fingers up one side, that got it most of the way out but it just wouldn't break suction. When it was almost out I tried getting a pin to unblock the holes like it said but it wouldn't come out.
    GRRRRR
    And then it hurt so I yanked it because I just got panicked about having to go to hospital to have it removed or something. Its never happened before so maybe I put it in at an odd angle or something.

ReputationRep:
    In future, don't panic in that kind of situation. Even if you did go to hospital, you'd be having something removed that was meant to be there. Whereas, as lots of medical students learn, you get people with these kinda x-rays:

http://www.cynsa.com/butt/april/smhairpinxray.jpg hairpin
    http://www.cynsa.com/butt/april/smdenturexray.jpg yes, dentures
    http://www.cynsa.com/butt/april/smketchupxray.jpg heinz meets ann summers

ReputationRep:
    tehe i thought maybe it should be rephrased to "isn't it beautiful when something is comfortable in one's body"- though that's not really beautiful. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Katherine*)
    You have to be comfortable with yourself so if you are squeemish about your own body it probably isn't the best idea. katherine xxx
    do you have the foggiest clue why you're talking about body image in a thread about catching menstrual blood in a cup?
    Lessthanthree my dear,
    do try to read things in context. People comfortable in their own bodies emit a kind of beauty.

If my comment still doesn't make sense to you, try to imagine what it should have said (ie edited it, if word pedantry is in order). If even then you do not understand, then I give up. Spin is a dangerous tool.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.