Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennikay)
    Thinking about getting a moon cup (ooh, exciting)
    I'm a pad person myself, because (here's the thing) tampons always seem to leak on me for some reason

Anyone else had this problem with tampons, and is the mooncup better? I'm guessing it is a bit since it forms a 'seal'
    Yeah, I have the same problem with tampons too plus I find them difficult to use. Not sure whether the mooncup is any better because I'm too scared to take the plunge and kinda think that if I can't use tampons there is no way I can use one of those! My mate uses a mooncup though and raves about it so I'm guessing it may be better!

ReputationRep:
    I tended to find that tampons leaked on me when they were too full, whereas mooncup I find just leaks on occasion - very slightly- when I don't position it 100% correctly. I've given up trying to work out what I could do to improve it, and now just wear a thin pad as well as the mooncup - just one per day - plus a night-time pad at night, as I find leakage can be worse then.

ReputationRep:
    Tampons leak on me even when they're not at all full :rolleyes:
    I tend not to use them, they are just a bit icky tbh, and I do worry about all that 'absorption' stuff/dryness, hence me using pads most often

Shall persuade my mum to get me one

ReputationRep:
    ^Thats what I did. It also used to leak with me when I was trampolining...probably cos it would get a huge rush of blood when I was bouncing...

(For reference - I don't use mine now, as I don't get periods, but when I get random days of bleeding it comes out - still a saviour!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennikay)
    Thinking about getting a moon cup (ooh, exciting)
    I'm a pad person myself, because (here's the thing) tampons always seem to leak on me for some reason

Anyone else had this problem with tampons, and is the mooncup better? I'm guessing it is a bit since it forms a 'seal'
    I had that problem with tampons... a little bit always leaked down the string, even if there wasn't much. My mooncup has only leaked twice in two years though....

ReputationRep:
    I've tried and succeeded to put in my new mooncup many times. Now I'm on though, I've inserted it, and I've got a pain on the right side of my lower back? Not like normal period pain, a sharp one. Have I put it in wrong, or is it something unrelated?

(Original post by Kasphlam)
    I've tried and succeeded to put in my new mooncup many times. Now I'm on though, I've inserted it, and I've got a pain on the right side of my lower back? Not like normal period pain, a sharp one. Have I put it in wrong, or is it something unrelated?
    I have never heard of anyone getting that sort of pain from a mooncup, but possibly you haven't quite got in right? Or maybe if you are constipated at all, the mooncup is putting pressure on that area (this happens to me, as I get constipated on my period, and when i put the mooncup in it makes me uncomfortable).
    All I can suggest it taking it out and trying again. If the pain doesn't go away, maybe it's a kidney infection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have never heard of anyone getting that sort of pain from a mooncup, but possibly you haven't quite got in right? Or maybe if you are constipated at all, the mooncup is putting pressure on that area (this happens to me, as I get constipated on my period, and when i put the mooncup in it makes me uncomfortable).
    All I can suggest it taking it out and trying again. If the pain doesn't go away, maybe it's a kidney infection?
    Maybe it's a bit of both, I have really bad kidneys and if I take certain medication they leave me in agony and half dead. Maybe I just took something wrong. Thanks though! I'll try and sort it out.

Just a quick question, when the mooncup comes in the post, what kind of packaging is it in? Does it say MOONCUP in big letters? Or anything as equally embarrassing?

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question, when the mooncup comes in the post, what kind of packaging is it in? Does it say MOONCUP in big letters? Or anything as equally embarrassing?
    No, don't worry. It's wrapped up and there's no logo or anything!! When you unpack it, it is in a teeny weeny box, and it's very pale and is very subtle.

ReputationRep:
    Quick question; I am a Mooncup devotee but after my first use I found sex quite uncomfortable, in one particular area of my downstairs department (i.e. the pain was isolated to, say, the north east part of my vagina). Haven't experienced this since but it did shake me up a bit!
    Related to Mooncup? xx

(Original post by blinkbelle)
    Quick question; I am a Mooncup devotee but after my first use I found sex quite uncomfortable, in one particular area of my downstairs department (i.e. the pain was isolated to, say, the north east part of my vagina). Haven't experienced this since but it did shake me up a bit!
    Related to Mooncup? xx
    you take the mooncup out during sex don't you?

ReputationRep:
    you take the mooncup out during sex don't you?
    Erm - of course! Not that I would ever have sex whilst on my period anyway *shudder* - what I meat was that in the week or so following using my mooncup for the first time I had discomfort during sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessAriadne)
    I dread my period so much, and the week before it is so tense and horrible, so it's wonderful that (thanks to the Mooncup) I can now relax when I'm actually on my period - I usually completely forget I'm on!:woo:
    Great aren't they Its good cause with tampons you have a smelly horrible string that goes brown, yuckk! And it saves so much money in the long run, £20 compared to however much money spent on new tampons or pads a year is such a bargain (ive had it about 2 years), and saves going to the shop. I just love it :suith:

ReputationRep:
    It's my 1 year mooncup anniversary! I don't know how I ever did without it :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    It's my 1 year mooncup anniversary! I don't know how I ever did without it :love:
    Hahahaha
    Happy Mooncup anniversary! :p:

Quick question - sorry, I haven't read through the thread totally - does anyone have trouble getting it out?

I'm fine with putting it in and have left a fair bit of the "stem" thing (I cut off about a cm as it was unbearable to keep that much), but I really struggle getting it out sometimes.

It's just like there is nothing to grab on to and, sorry to be crude, but I really have to shove my fingers up there to pull it out :p: it makes my finger joints seize up as they bend in funny places.

It's really a rather odd situation. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malleablegrace)
    Hahahaha

Quick question - sorry, I haven't read through the thread totally - does anyone have trouble getting it out?

I'm fine with putting it in and have left a fair bit of the "stem" thing (I cut off about a cm as it was unbearable to keep that much), but I really struggle getting it out sometimes.

It's just like there is nothing to grab on to and, sorry to be crude, but I really have to shove my fingers up there to pull it out :p: it makes my finger joints seize up as they bend in funny places.

Hi
    I've had mine for about 6 months now, and have practised and found that it's really simple getting it out - I just put my fingers round the base, and press (this breaks the seal, so makes it easy to remove) then just wriggle it gently side to side, and it wriggles down and then you can tip it slightly to one side, and take it out.

Hope that helps!! Just practise and find the way that suits you really ... I suggest practising when you're not on your period, as you can try as many times as you like then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malleablegrace)
    Hahahaha

Have you tried pushing down before you try and get it out?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.keeper.com/guarantee.html

Anyone whos unsure about getting one look at this... you can get the rubber keeper cup OR the silicone mooncup from this website with a 3 month money back guarantee if you dont get on with it... And they ship internationally. So theres no excuse for not trying them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabloomybuzz)
    http://www.keeper.com/guarantee.html

Anyone whos unsure about getting one look at this... you can get the rubber keeper cup OR the silicone mooncup from this website with a 3 month money back guarantee if you dont get on with it... And they ship internationally. So theres no excuse for not trying them.
    That guarantee is crazy; you can only return the cup if you keep 1/2 of the stem. I got rid of the entire stem on my mooncup it was so uncomfortable! Wonder why that's a condition :confused:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.