Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephrenia)
    I have a similar problem with it not going all the way up - I tend to keep wiggling it up there, and it does go up further. Also, if you try a slightly different position when you're putting it in it can help =]

I know I feel cleaner with mooncup rather than tampons etc, it's the issues with leaks I had with tampons and it just made me feel horrible, but i rarely leak with my mooncup =] I suppose it was off getting used to it from pads and things, but it's been a while since I did change =P
    It's really irritating - I just put it in again and pushed it up as far as I could go and it was fine, couldn't feel a thing, then I stood up and it moved down again :mad: I know it was sealed properly though because it was a pain in the arse to get out! Going to cut the stem off and see if that makes a difference, fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImperceptibleNinja)
    Using pads as backup: I still do this on the first few days. Although it's frustrating, I don't think you should feel too bad about using them while you're still getting settled. I only need them on the first couple of days, because things are a bit enthusiastic and a pad give an extra few minutes to find a loo.

Leaks in general: You could try different angles and different folds, and see what ways work better. The picture in the instruction leaflet isn't really too enlightening. You could be putting it too far up to stop the stem from bothering you, so although I'd discouraging you from just hacking the stem off straight away, if you think it's causing you to put the mooncup too high up, then you could try trimming it a bit.
    The thing is, I've been using the Mooncup for over 6 months now and have only started to have the leaking problem in the last few months. I have hardly any of the stem left because I find it irritating and manage fine without it. I actually think my problem may be related to how far it does/doesn't go in - I find I get more leaks the further in it goes. But I don't really have that much control over that...
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbandtr4eva)
    It's really irritating - I just put it in again and pushed it up as far as I could go and it was fine, couldn't feel a thing, then I stood up and it moved down again :mad: I know it was sealed properly though because it was a pain in the arse to get out! Going to cut the stem off and see if that makes a difference, fingers crossed!
    I get that on occasion - i just shove it back in when I'm standing up =] Just putting your finger on the end of the stem and wiggling it tends to do the trick for me =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    The thing is, I've been using the Mooncup for over 6 months now and have only started to have the leaking problem in the last few months. I have hardly any of the stem left because I find it irritating and manage fine without it. I actually think my problem may be related to how far it does/doesn't go in - I find I get more leaks the further in it goes. But I don't really have that much control over that...
    xx
    I get a similar thing that it goes too far then doesn't work so well... I think this happens when I gradually start putting it in slightly differently [i.e. at a different angle], so I usually go back to experimenting with angles and that makes it a bit better.

ReputationRep:
    I get that on occasion - i just shove it back in when I'm standing up =] Just putting your finger on the end of the stem and wiggling it tends to do the trick for me =]
    Yep that's what I've tried but it's still moving back down, I've cut the stem off now so shall see if that improves it

ReputationRep:
    Yep that's what I've tried but it's still moving back down, I've cut the stem off now so shall see if that improves it
    Hve you tried clenching after you've wiggled it up? I find that sometimes it gets it to..stick =P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chez87)
    I was thinking of investing in a mooncup, but my periods aren't particularly heavy, and I know a lot of people praise it for dealing with their heavy periods, so is there much point?
    Also, i usually use pads, and when I have used tampons in the past, after a while of them being in I start to feel them, like they have come down a bit lower..? anyone else know what I mean? and does this happen with the mooncup?
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?
    I'm using mine at the moment, as I'm just getting lots of random spotting and I feel better than wearing pads all the time. I used to just use pads, but I kept getting thrush. Now I don't =]

ReputationRep:
    I'm using mine at the moment, as I'm just getting lots of random spotting and I feel better than wearing pads all the time. I used to just use pads, but I kept getting thrush. Now I don't =]
    When it's in can you really not feel it at all?

Not if it's in properly... you can if it's too low down; just like tampons, really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Not if it's in properly... you can if it's too low down; just like tampons, really.
    I had that problem with tampons even though I always inserted them right. I could start to feel them after a while...

ReputationRep:
    I could quite often feel tampons, but I've never felt my mooncup

ReputationRep:
    Hve you tried clenching after you've wiggled it up? I find that sometimes it gets it to..stick =P
    I've just tried putting with literally all but the last mm of the stem cut off and I can still feel it :confused: I'm sooo confused, I can *still* feel the stem rubbing on the outside of my ladybits! I actually physically can't fit it any further up or it bangs on my cervix! Maybe I'm just not suited to mooncupping :sad:

I'm trying it overnight to see what it's like in bed because at least I can still use it in bed and on long car journeys even if I can't use it all the time - maybe I'll have to wait til after I've had children or something :dunno:

ReputationRep:
    I've just tried putting with literally all but the last mm of the stem cut off and I can still feel it :confused: I'm sooo confused, I can *still* feel the stem rubbing on the outside though. I actually physically can't fit it any further up or it bangs on my cervix! Maybe I'm just not suited to mooncupping :sad:

I'm trying it overnight to see what it's like in bed because at least I can still use it in bed and on long car journeys even if I can't use it all the time - maybe I'll have to wait til after I've had children or something :dunno:
    You could cut the entire stem off if it still pokes outside. Though how long have you tried leaving it in for? Because sometimes at first it's right down near the entrance, but a few hours later it's moved up on its own.

ReputationRep:
    I've just tried putting with literally all but the last mm of the stem cut off and I can still feel it :confused: I'm sooo confused, I can *still* feel the stem rubbing on the outside of my ladybits! I actually physically can't fit it any further up or it bangs on my cervix! Maybe I'm just not suited to mooncupping :sad:

Your cervix does move up and down - else sex woudl probably be a bit of an issue Have you got the edge of the stem all smooth? I trim it so it slopes as well...if its a bit of a jagged edge then it can catch and you can notice. Wriggle about a bit and leave it for a while, and do keagal exercises and various other things. It might be a case of your mind imagining it, try sleeping with it in, if it hurts when you're in bed then give it a prod back up again and try to sleep. I find it settles down after a night...

ReputationRep:
    Your cervix does move up and down - else sex woudl probably be a bit of an issue Have you got the edge of the stem all smooth? I trim it so it slopes as well...if its a bit of a jagged edge then it can catch and you can notice. Wriggle about a bit and leave it for a while, and do keagal exercises and various other things. It might be a case of your mind imagining it, try sleeping with it in, if it hurts when you're in bed then give it a prod back up again and try to sleep. I find it settles down after a night...
    Ah but sex is a bit of an issue :p: Always has been Yep I made sure it was completely smooth, I'm going to keep trying with it and just see what happens, hoping my period stops soon though because I'm fed up with it - see what the lovely doctors will do about it :rolleyes: I'm stubborn so I won't give up on the mooncup without a fight hehe Thanks for all your advice ladies, I really appreciate it :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    I could quite often feel tampons, but I've never felt my mooncup
    Okie thanks maybe its cos tampons obviously swell as they absorb, so the longer you have it in, it gets longer...but this wouldnt be a problem with mooncup of course.

ReputationRep:
    Ah but sex is a bit of an issue :p: Always has been Yep I made sure it was completely smooth, I'm going to keep trying with it and just see what happens, hoping my period stops soon though because I'm fed up with it - see what the lovely doctors will do about it :rolleyes: I'm stubborn so I won't give up on the mooncup without a fight hehe Thanks for all your advice ladies, I really appreciate it :o:
    Aah...keep fighting it then xD Much like this essay I guess..

*hides back in her corner*

ReputationRep:
    Okie thanks maybe its cos tampons obviously swell as they absorb, so the longer you have it in, it gets longer...but this wouldnt be a problem with mooncup of course.
    Well for me I could feel tampons more at the start, because they're all rigid and frictiony. In contrast, mooncups are squishy and smooth.

ReputationRep:
    Aah...keep fighting it then xD Much like this essay I guess..

*hides back in her corner*
    Good luck with the essay xD

Just used my Mooncup overnight - so awesome!! I've always used pads overnight since I started my periods so it was lovely not having to force myself to sleep on my front in case of leaks I also think that cutting the stem off has really helped - can't feel a thing now, very happy >.<

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.