Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chez87)
    My mooncup has arrived! I'm a bit anxious about not being able to get it out, but spose I gotta try it sooner or later! Gonna do a 'dry' run (excuse the pun) and see how it goes.
    I wouldn't recommend that! It's easier to use if you're on our period. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    I wouldn't recommend that! It's easier to use if you're on our period. xx
    Ooops, too late. It wasn't too bad! just wanted to make sure I could do it for when my period arrives. Bit of a faff getting it in at first but it was ok, trimmed the stem down quite a bit though.

ReputationRep:
    Ooops, too late. It wasn't too bad! just wanted to make sure I could do it for when my period arrives. Bit of a faff getting it in at first but it was ok, trimmed the stem down quite a bit though.
    It's much easier when you're on xx

ReputationRep:
    Right so today's the first day I'm using it properly!
    How do you know if it's far on enough? It seems like its sitting quite low down, and although it's not uncomfortable, I am slightly aware of it being there, can feel it maybe very slightly (although that's perhaps just because I know it's there!) ...I have cut almost all of the stem off too.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Right so today's the first day I'm using it properly!
    How do you know if it's far on enough? It seems like its sitting quite low down, and although it's not uncomfortable, I am slightly aware of it being there, can feel it maybe very slightly (although that's perhaps just because I know it's there!) ...I have cut almost all of the stem off too.
    I just tried inserting mine further, a tiny bit at a time, until I eventually just couldn't feel it there any more. That seems to do the trick I don't think you're supposed to be able to feel it when it is in.

ReputationRep:
    I think it moved up more throughout the day because I can't feel it anymore! Yey now I just have to get it out again lol.

Ok,my parents are out which ll prevent them from hearing me making weird sounds of me being in pain ,I m gonna try & put it in now,wish me luck!
    God I m soo nervous : (

ReputationRep:
    Try not to be nervous - and it shouldn't hurt either - make sure it's folded properly and put some water on it to make a bit easier and less friction-y =)

(Original post by Sephrenia)
    Try not to be nervous - and it shouldn't hurt either - make sure it's folded properly and put some water on it to make a bit easier and less friction-y =)

The best tip for this - although it may be a bit gross/TMI, is as you insert the mooncup, feel right up in there and make sure it is sitting around your cervix.

Actually, and possibly shamefully, I had no real idea that the cervix was an actual proper thing that hangs down, kind of like a lightbulb.

If you get the mooncup to sit around there, not only will there be no leakage, but the cervix should also prevent it from shifting around/being uncomfortable.

Mine (my cervix) is off at an angle sometimes - before I realised this "trick" sometimes my mooncup would leak (because the cervix would be lying to the side of the cup) but now it never ever does and I can be at ease throughout my period!

Sorry if TMI, but I wish someone had told me this earlier when I was trying to use the mooncup.

ReputationRep:
    Well, you don't half learn something every day!

I got it in but sh** that was painful,I m not sure if I got the seal right (I think I felt it getting bigger) but feeling around there is horrible,ewww!
    I m gonna walk around & see how it feels but so far I can t really notice it being there,Phewww
    Next step take it out & trim the stem.I can t believe I was able to get it in after the 2nd go,I used the punch down fold.Boiling it was kinda hard cos the air bubbles kept lifting it out of the water line.
    I find the stem is pointing forwards ,is this normal?

ReputationRep:
    I use the c fold - I find it works easier than the punch down, I can't keep hold of it :p: What was painful about it? I very rarely ever got pain, and that was usually if it slipped and expanded before it was fully in..

If you can feel the stem then it's too long, but my stem kinda pointed any which way it felt like, but I think it was more forward than not.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I've posted this before, but there's lots of different folds.

Or try a different brand of cup; I love my MeLuna!

Getting it in causes pain(on the inside part),I don t know why but I had the same with the biggest tampons & medium ones,I know its there trust me.Should I get a little more practice out of it b4 I trim the stem? Just to make sure I have it in the right place ,when did u trim it?
    Will try the origami fold,it looks easier to insert & smaller to begin insertion with.

(Original post by Juno)
    I've posted this before, but there's lots of different folds.

Or try a different brand of cup; I love my MeLuna!
    Thanks for taking those pictures & writing about them,I really appreciate it :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    I have about half a cm left of my stem. I found it really painful to have any more - felt like the stem was pinching my insides >.< I trimmed it almost immediately!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks for taking those pictures & writing about them,I really appreciate it :jumphug:
    I didn't make it! I just found it and thought it might be useful

Gonna try 2 take it out well, I have no choice but to get it out,thanks anyway Juno,I appreciate ur sharing it!
    I noticed it hurts a tiny bit so I ll have to trim it so it doesn t hang outside of me as that s where it is [email protected] least I FINALLY got it in ,I m so happy & proud of myself .I m hoping it won t hurt as much when I put it in to practice tommorow,but I doubt there ll be no pain as I stil get pain putting in tampons now I m more experienced with them (5+yrs I think)
    I appreciate ur help a hell of a lot mooncupers!
    Thank u sooo much,u ve made me determined to succeed & go beyond the pain

I got the stem & was squatting like it says, pinched the base of the cup & tried to pull it out angling it sideways, got the seal off ok but the cup was feckin folded in half (as in the 2 opposite sides were pushed together)it was so painful I wanted to scream,but couldn t so I ended up crying & am still now.What s wrong with me,why s it so annoyingly excrutiatingly painful.:sad:I wanted it to go & was very tempted to just yank the thing so as to get rid of the pain asap.Got blood everywhere but that s the least of my worries & I thought putting it in was bad,taking it out was a nightmare.
    :mad: I Fuc**g hate it! I don t know what to do it was so bloody painful I DO NOT want to try it again.& then I had the stem on to help pull it out,how will I ever manage.Why can t I do it without such pain like evry1 else.
    I can still feel like it scratched inside me.
    :cry2:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.