Turn on thread page Beta

The Great Mooncup Thread / FAQ watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naelse)
    I know everyone else loves them, but I used it for one period and it just made me incredibly sore. I was really looking forward to using it and I like the concept but I just felt stretched out and irritated (and yes, I was using the small size!) It's a shame really, but I guess it can't work for everyone...
    stick with it I scaped myself and it hurt for about 2 months but it was because I hadn't trimmed the stem enough. Once you do that and get used to inserting it and getting it out its alot better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naelse)
    yup, we have plenty of mooncup stickers, particularly in the loos that come off the bar
    Which is silly because those are the ones the people who CAN'T read will be using!

ReputationRep:
    hmmm mooncups..... really want to give it a go but does it matter what kind of a flow you have cus mine are pretty heavy and have to change a tampon roughly every 3 - 4 hours otherwise leakage occurs

also what do you do in a public toilet!!!! go out and wash it infront of everyone? lol

I tend to get mine quit heavy, as long as I change it every 2-3 hours ish (at my heaviest times anyway) I don't get any problems. Takes a little experimentation to get it right though! And in public loos I tend to just.. Empty it, give it a quick wipe, and when I can next get to a private loo, wash it then (even if it doesn't need changing or anythign). It's perfect though. I got it before I started uni, and I don't know how much I'd be spending on pads/tampons otherwise, but I know it saves me enough!

Mooncups are highly recommended by me!

ReputationRep:
    keep a bottle of water in your bag when you're on your period? thats what i do.

ReputationRep:
    Mooncups arent brilliant when doing aerobics and floor work - it leaks like crazy :s:

ReputationRep:
    Yeh! what if your period is really heavy and it all spill out 0.0
    And i think inserting the cup back into your vagina after just wiping it using tissue doesn't seem very hygienic :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    not particualrily brilliant but thats all you can do in public/school loos :rolleyes: as long as you clean it properly after you should be fine!

ReputationRep:
    I really don't like the idea that you can't really clean it out properly in public loos. Especially at school/college/uni.
    Sanitary towels are the best thing going in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zahra7fold)
    I really don't like the idea that you can't really clean it out properly in public loos. Especially at school/college/uni.
    Sanitary towels are the best thing going in my opinion.
    In my opinion, they are equally unhygenic.

ReputationRep:
    what a nice thread.

personally i wouldn't use a mooncup because it would be embarrassing to have to go and clean it out once you had used it in a public restroom.. mm.. nice.

just thought i would share some input.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leona)
    In my opinion, they are equally unhygenic.
    #

How are sanitry towels unhygienic can i just ask

I dropped my mooncup down the loo the other day. I think *thats* unhygenic... Does anyone else do that much?

ReputationRep:
    The idea of them seems quite unhygenic to me. They remind me of nappys, and the idea of sitting in your own mentrual blood doesnt really float my boat. But that is just my personal opinion, I know other people prefer them. Dont flame me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    how are they unhygeinic if they haven't had any instances of bacterial infection?
    I didnt mean mooncups.

ReputationRep:
    Zahra7fold's idea that mooncups are unhygenic. I think I just worded that post wrongly.

ReputationRep:
    How are sanitry towels unhygienic can i just ask
    cus its just up against u all the time eww. (sorry personnal preference)

i dont reckon mooncups are unhygenic, jus a little aprehensive about leaking and public loos, i jus hav this vision of myself being in the loo for hours trying to sort myself out lol, and everyone being like u ok??? hehe

ReputationRep:
    I have tried my mooncup several times, and I can get it in fine. Its comfortable when its in, but when I try to get it out it gets stuck. I can pull it down, but then its half in, half out and however much I try to break the seal on it and take it out it seems to be stuck. It ends up hurting sooo much, and in the end I manage to pull it out, but it hurts so much that I can't put it back in straight away. Had anyone else had this problem? How do people take it out? I think I am doing it right, I follow the instructions, but every time it just gets stuck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    it'll go "pop" and schloop right out.
    You use the best onomatopoeic words!

I bought a mooncup in Boots earlier today and it's sitting in a mug of boiling water as I type. I shall experiment with it later. It's an exciting new world.

ReputationRep:
    Care to report back?
    Im interested.

(Damn the READ THIS stickies in here).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.