Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Never actually heard about the Mooncup before, tbh.

But after reading this thread and the Times article, I might give it a try.

Sounds loads easier than tampons/towels.

ReputationRep:
    go for it, Halo, and we're all here to answer any questions you might have!

ReputationRep:
    I can sometimes feel my tampon when I have one in, would this be worse if I used a mooncup?

ReputationRep:
    if its in right, you shouldn't feel it. well i don't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by selbydate16)
    I like that idea, trish ^^. I must sterilise mine before I need it, actually. (I'll probably forget, though - I've been doing that for the past year,approx).

The only thing is that I have a brother and am living at home, so I'd rather not have to deal w/questions, if I'm honest.

Aphrodite, can you just get baby bottle sterilising tablets from Boots/other chemists?
    Mine came from Safeways...if that give you an idea of how long theyve been around lol! you can get them anywhere, boots, tescos sainsburys etc etc! My mum originally got them for when she was a childminder :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talya)
    I can sometimes feel my tampon when I have one in, would this be worse if I used a mooncup?
    The only time I feel it is either when a) the stem wasnt cut off enough b) hadnt put it in enough, in which case I just wiggled it up more c) I was putting it in/taking it out!

ReputationRep:
    Big thanks to Lessthanthree for starting this thread! I bought a Mooncup about a year ago now, but quickly gave up using it because basically, it seemed too big. It was painful getting it in, and even more painful getting it out, it made me bleed I cut off most of the stem, before you ask, and I "bore down" when trying to remove it. Also, since I've been on the pill, my periods are so light I only need to wear tampons for 2/3 days max, so I'm not hitting the environment *too* hard. However, this thread has persuaded me to try again, and also to have a look at the LunaPads. Special thanks for the info about baby bottle sterilising tablets, using cooking utensils for sterilisation seemed a bit yucky!!

My period is coming up soon - I'll let you know how I get on.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Talya)
    I can feel a tampon if it's too low, but the Mooncup is worn really low in the vagina and I can't feel it at all. It's a strange, strange phenomenon...

ReputationRep:
    when i first read about these on here a few months ago, i thought it was some bizarre april fool's thing..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsychologyJen)
    Big thanks to Lessthanthree for starting this thread! I bought a Mooncup about a year ago now, but quickly gave up using it because basically, it seemed too big. It was painful getting it in, and even more painful getting it out, it made me bleed I cut off most of the stem, before you ask, and I "bore down" when trying to remove it. Also, since I've been on the pill, my periods are so light I only need to wear tampons for 2/3 days max, so I'm not hitting the environment *too* hard. However, this thread has persuaded me to try again, and also to have a look at the LunaPads. Special thanks for the info about baby bottle sterilising tablets, using cooking utensils for sterilisation seemed a bit yucky!!

My period is coming up soon - I'll let you know how I get on.
    What are LunaPads?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by selbydate16)
    What are LunaPads?
    I'm wearing one right now!

They're cotton fleece reusable pads. You wash them and go. I haven't bought a pad since November!

www.lunapads.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphrodite)
    The only time I feel it is either when a) the stem wasnt cut off enough
    If you cut it off too much, surely it would be very hard to get out..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talya)
    If you cut it off too much, surely it would be very hard to get out..
    At first it was a bit trickier when the stem was shorter, I havent cut all the stem off, its only bout 1/2cm long now, which is enough for me to get hold of and pull it down a bit so I can hold the main cup. I just trimmed it until it felt comfortable really, eventually you find a point where it fits just right and the stem is a perfect length!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shady lane)
    I'm wearing one right now!

They're cotton fleece reusable pads. You wash them and go. I haven't bought a pad since November!

www.lunapads.com
    Oh my life - just saw the sea pearls section. How bizarre.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't want to carry round used lunapads in my bag if i was out all day, yucky...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peaches_and_cream)
    I wouldn't want to carry round used lunapads in my bag if i was out all day, yucky...
    very..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peaches_and_cream)
    Why would you be carrying them around all day?

I use them at home and for sleep, and I used a mooncup during the day.

:eek: I couldn't get the mooncup in it didn't seem to fit. Is it possible i'm too small down below?

ReputationRep:
    Not likely. If a baby can get out, a mooncup can get in.

Ok i reckon my hymen's still intact that cos there is no way it is going up there no matter what i try!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.