Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else think the 9 mark question on the League of nations was a bit ambiguous? It said explain why it was established, it could have meant the reasons for its existence, like peace, independence etc, but it could have mean how it came to exist. I just talked about peace, independence, disarmament and social aims, what do you people think?

ReputationRep:
    The one at the beginning? Yeah - I thought it was stretching it a little. I just spoke about how it wanted to achieve the aims set out by Wilson's 14 points, and then went onto say how it could achieve them (like collective security, or trade sanctions)

ReputationRep:
    You could definitely appeal against that though if you were marked wrong...all of my year were up in arms over it!

ReputationRep:
    I mentioned the four aims: to encourage disarmament, to discourage aggression between nations, to encourage relationships between nations (including trade and business), and to improve living and working standards throughout the world. I think that's what it was getting at, to be honest. Although if it's any consolation, I only mentioned those specifically towards the end of my answer! I mean, my answer basically consisted of those four things, but I only mentioned the four key aims towards the end. Until then I'd rambled on about Wilson's ideologies of the League, how he hoped to "carve lasting peace and justice from the ruins of the First World War". I think I mentioned a bit about how Clemenceau/Wilson/Lloyd George all wanted different things from the League at first. ie. Clemenceau wanted a strong League with an army, LG just wanted it to meet occasionaly, and Wilson wanted it to be a proper world parliament. I mentioned the various commitees too, when talking about aims. eg. Refugee, Slavery, Working, Mandates etc...You seem to have got it right to be honest. Don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    You could definitely appeal against that though if you were marked wrong...all of my year were up in arms over it!
    It wasn't that bad! I don't think there'd be room for appeal. You don't seem to have got it wrong anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Well, thats reassuring to know lol...i mentioned the 14 points briefly and said something about how all the aims were just there to ultimately keep the peace and ensure a war as terrible wouldnt happen again, something like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by citylover)
    Did anyone else think the 9 mark question on the League of nations was a bit ambiguous? It said explain why it was established, it could have meant the reasons for its existence, like peace, independence etc, but it could have mean how it came to exist. I just talked about peace, independence, disarmament and social aims, what do you people think?
    Yes it was rather general. But I didn't (until now) think that was a bad thing. But now you've got me worrying if I actually answered the question :confused:

I said it was Wilsons idea then went onto expain its aims, ABCD

discourage Agression
    engourage Business/trade
    improve Conditions around world
    encourage Disarmament

and just generally keep peace.

I think I was on the right track :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Yes it was rather general. But I didn't (until now) think that was a bad thing. But now you've got me worrying if I actually answered the question

I said it was Wilsons idea then went onto expain its aims, ABCD

discourage Agression
    engourage Business/trade
    improve Conditions around world
    encourage Disarmament

and just generally keep peace.
    I'd say that was right, though. As someone said before, having looked at a mark scheme afterwards (a past one), even on the big 9/10 mark questions they only require you to make 4/5 points and just elaborate on them to such an extent. I mean, I wittered on so much on that question, but at the same time, I think the only 4 points they were looking for were the ones I shoved in at the last minute, the key aims. As long as you talk about how crap the War was and how everyone agreed it should never happen again, and generally elaborate on the key four points, everyone here should be Ok. And everyone seems to have done that so...

ReputationRep:
    Was very happy with that paper tbh. I shouldn't worry

ReputationRep:
    I was very happy with it too. In fact I think it's my best one so far....*mutters* doesn't make up for Bio....

ReputationRep:
    The only other bit for me was the weimar constitution...was that how it was organised, like president, chancellor, proportional representation etc? cos i did that lol

ReputationRep:
    So did I - but I only did one paragraph. It was 4 marks, and when I had like forty minutes left to do the 6 mark, then the 10 marker, I couldn't be arsed with it. I forget the term "proportional representation", so I described it as: "If a party were to win 23% of the vote, then they would gain exactly 23 seats in the parliament". What do you think, is that ok?! I did explain about the public electing the reichstag and the president (Ebert) but I didn't really go into detail about him appointing the Chancellor, and controlling the Military...I didn't want to waste time!

ReputationRep:
    That'll be OK with the PR I think, cos youve explained what it is...so you understand the concept of it. Oops i put the chancellor is picked by the reichstag, oh well

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry I think I put a few silly mistakes around the whole paper, but oh well, I think I've done Ok, hopefully they won't count for much!

ReputationRep:
    If they got 23% of the vote, they'd get more than 23 seats though I think. Hitler managed to get 230 in the July 1932 elections, so there must've been more than 100. Don't worry though, you won't have screwed the paper up as much as I did

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know about the Hitler thing. But I literally copied the "23" seats thing straight from our chunky text books. I read it about 20 minutes before the exam, and just lifted it from my memory. I see your point, but it must make some sense if It came straight from the book. Oh well, I don't get it!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.