anycon
    JonnyB
    Becks1871
    Junglist101
    jonsi
    BadKarma

:tsr:

ReputationRep:
    im into it, favourite producers at the moment are probably Calibre, Logistics, D Bridge and D.kay!

ReputationRep:
    Yes matey! Another DnB head

I gotta agree with you on Calibre, the man can do no wrong! Mr Maverick is a tune!

Are you a raver at all?? If so, which venues do you like?

ReputationRep:
    yes mate, im in manchester, usually try and get out to the local events here, especially soulution, intalex and calibre always put on a good show behind the decks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeLboY)

What about a logo??
    whip up a logo 4 us

ReputationRep:
    I'll get on it once I have broadband set up, matey

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a raver anymore, but I used to go to various Skelter, Slammin', HH events and would always have a little venture into the DnB room without doubt.

My top DnB DJ/Producer has got to be John B - the man can simply do no wrong and his mixes/productions of electro-DnB are just simply brocking.

ReputationRep:
    Got into DnB in the last 4 months or so.

I'm worried that I only know mainstream stuff and look like a **** though.

Any suggestions of some decent DnB that isn't too you know, boringly mainstream?

ReputationRep:
    Ez people, yes i am well into the drum and bass. I play on PFRadio sometimes, dont really produce, just mix.

my brother has a record label, Planetbreakz, check the link below!

Can post up some mixes if people wanting some!

Trust

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeFen)
    Got into DnB in the last 4 months or so.

I'm worried that I only know mainstream stuff and look like a **** though.

Any suggestions of some decent DnB that isn't too you know, boringly mainstream?

**** all the elitist ********, there's too much of that in the scene already. Music's for everybody, you don't need to know about it to appreciate it :cool:

When I got in to drum and bass, I only really liked live tapes, with mcs. The music grew on me to the point where I now don't really like mcs at all, and I like like a lot more variety than I did.

It's hard to recommend stuff to people, especially if you don't mix. I don't really know what mix CDs are out and what are any good.

Check out:

RAM records: Molten Beats LP, Turbulance/Sound in Motion, No Reality, Titan EP, Speed of Sound LP,

Virus Records: Sleepwalker LP, Wormhole LP, Gas Mask/Bacteria, Medicine (Matrix Remix), Alien Girl, Watermelon/Sicknote

Undiluted (Brockie's label): Dangerous, Turntable 1, Voices, Echo box

Renegade Hardware: Anything by Konflict/Usual Suspects/Future Cut

MetalHeadz: John B/Refuge Crew/Future Cut/Total Science

True Playaz: Real Vibes LP, Playaz 4 Real LP, Hype and Zinc stuff.

Charge Recordings: The One, Trippin', Jawz, Feel Good

BC Recordings: Everything Bad Company done between 98 and 01 is spot on (Book of the Bad vol.1+2 / Digital Nation / Inside the Machine / The Nine)

My favourite artists:

Ed Rush & Optical:
    Fierce,
    Andy C,
    Matrix,
    Konflict,
    Future Cut,
    Dom,
    C4C,
    Noisia

There's shed loads more, but all those are worth checking out if you're still getting to know your dnb.

Ez

ReputationRep:
    btw the wormhole lp is getting repressed, so ive heard, cant wait to get my hands on it!! also, whereabouts is everyone from?

ReputationRep:
    Wormhole is a great album. Definately recommend it, especially if you like your head-nodding d'n'b

Ez Dnbhead im from Epsom in Surrey

ReputationRep:
    Calibre LP out soon aswell, heard most of the tunes on it, gonna be a wicked album!

ReputationRep:
    join me up...

interests:
    sub focus
    andy c
    ed rush and optical
    exile
    dieselboy

I'm from Mid-Wales not far from Shrewsbury

ReputationRep:
    Welcome, Ryan!

-- Memberlist --

esx77
    unknown system
    dnbhead
    Andy82
    JoeFen
    froback
    and myself.

ReputationRep:
    So what does everybody think about the current state of the scene? Likes/dislikes ??

My one gripe with the scene is that it is so easy to start making tunes now, that everyone is doing it and the scene is swamped with a lot of samey rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeLboY)
    So what does everybody think about the current state of the scene? Likes/dislikes ??

My one gripe with the scene is that it is so easy to start making tunes now, that everyone is doing it and the scene is swamped with a lot of samey rubbish.
    The scene was obviously better in the past to be honest, but as time goes by things change. Its true, it is alot easier now to start making tunes, so the quality of alot of tunes maybe lower, but it is the labels that are releasing the music. I think there a far to many labels about really which are just releasing rubbish and other labels that are taking far to long to release tunes, so ppl do get bored of them as they have been rinsed to death by the top djs. Something needs to change i guess, but it aint gonna happen instantly!

ReputationRep:
    I think the 'dubplate' culture is starting to die a bit. New tunes are so easily available over T'internet, and what with Final Scratch and CDJs becoming ever so popular, it's very easy for any DJ to put anything (s)he likes in the mix.

I wish Ed Rush and Optical still made tunes like they did in '99

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.