Turn on thread page Beta

Drum n Bass society watch

ReputationRep:
    Andy C didn't own the end. Don't know what you're chatting about mate. Oh and the BPM thing, although obviously no-one can definitely confirm or deny it, is pretty obviously a daft rumour.

ReputationRep:
    he didnt own it lock stock and barrel but was a shareholder in and pretty much built it - http://www.endclub.com/goodbyebaby - read that if you want

and again, the BPM thing was obv bull from the russians on DB9 but - http://bb.4four.org/Default.aspx?g=posts&m=375989

and you do know what you're chatting? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well, yeah, considering he didn't own it and therefore didn't sell it, and considering you were using a different meaning of 'own' and were saying the BPM thing as a joke then I think we should call it quits eh?

ReputationRep:
    you a fan of Mr C then?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah man. Caught him at hospitality once, it was ******* great to see him with such a good crowd too. Great DJ. You seen him recently?

ReputationRep:
    yeah ive seen him a couple of times at different hospitalities, pretty good DJ but nothing amazing, all the guys who play at hospital events are amazing, didnt stand out tbh, tony coleman ******* owned it in sept 08 playing tracks from syncopated city for the first time, rewound all hell is breaking loose like 4 times and did a live PA with leanne and wrec, pretty mental

ReputationRep:
    Yeah London Elek and High Contrast are my two favourite DJs to see, especially LE. he just has such a damn good vibe in his whole set. I saw him last in October at the album launch in Bristol, it was amazing. Seeing Marky, Noisia, Fabio, Commix, Brookes Brothers, Nu:tone, Danny Byrd (twice), Calibre, Break and Survival, Klute, Kasra, Loxy, Logistics and Spectrasoul in the next month and a half. I love living in Bristol.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else at Hospitality on the 9th? Sick night.

It was my first time at fabric (only 17 and just managed to get ID) and i loved it!
    London Elektricity played a sick set, i think he played Caspa's Where's My Money remix then straight into Printer Jam, into Diplodocus... loved it!

Martsman's set in room 3 was incredible as well, came in just as he dropped Klikoucha!!

I've been into d&b for about 3 years, started off with a bit of hype and diesel boy, then got hold of d&b arena (the classics) which got me into Rufige Kru, Dillinja and friends. Then found out about high contrast and started getting into all the Hospital artists. Then found out about spor and loved Lifted and all things neuro. Then came current value, limewax, audio and all the darker stuff... at the moment i'd say i'm into a lot of different styles of d&b. slowly building up a little record collection as well whenever i got a bit of spare cash (using stanton t60's).

ummmm i also try to produce when i can, not the best though ha.

And the guy who mentioned DB9... are you a member? I've been on there for about a year now, really useful place for new releases and stuff. Bit tricky to get in though...

I'm new to the forum but sign me up for this or whatever please?

ReputationRep:
    Just finished a new mix guys, tell me what you think

http://www.beatplexity.com/music/3378-liquidset.mp3

Track listing.

Deep Focus - Heavy metal
    Logistics - City life
    Nu:Tone - Balaclava
    Makoto & T-ak - Voyager
    MGMT - Time to Pretend (High Contrast Remix)
    Danny Byrd - Red Mist (feat. Ik)
    Context - HBFS
    Danny Bryd - Shockout
    Dj Fresh - Gold Dust
    Commix Vs Logistics - Everyday
    ??????
    Redeyes - ????
    Calmer - Open Source

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack747)

Track listing.

Deep Focus - Heavy metal
    Logistics - City life
    Nu:Tone - Balaclava
    Makoto & T-ak - Voyager
    MGMT - Time to Pretend (High Contrast Remix)
    Danny Byrd - Red Mist (feat. Ik)
    Context - HBFS
    Danny Bryd - Shockout
    Dj Fresh - Gold Dust
    Commix Vs Logistics - Everyday
    ??????
    Redeyes - ????
    Calmer - Open Source
    how was this recorded? and what was the source? no offence but the quailty is poor - possibly EQ - lows are way too high IMO. as for the mix... well i think more practice is needed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyjoyce)
    how was this recorded? and what was the source? no offence but the quailty is poor - possibly EQ - lows are way too high IMO. as for the mix... well i think more practice is needed
    Yeah i know, levels are very poor, realized that after i recorded.

Its only like my 2nd mix so... :P

Practice makes perfect aye.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i know, levels are very poor, realized that after i recorded.

Its only like my 2nd mix so... :P

Practice makes perfect aye.
    CDs? vinyl? MPfree? - and yeah practice makes such a difference so keep at it!

ReputationRep:
    CDs? vinyl? MPfree? - and yeah practice makes such a difference so keep at it!
    mp3 atm, which sucks.

Getting some decks really soon

Just poor as **** atm aha.:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was all ready to scream at you for managing to get Red Mist and Time to Pretend on vinyl when I realised you must have been cheating

ReputationRep:
    mp3 atm, which sucks.

Getting some decks really soon

Just poor as **** atm aha.:woo:
    awesome, dont skimp on the decks and get stantons or some other lesser brand, 1210's or save up more! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Actually it really doesn't matter for your first decks. Get some stantons - T80s are more than adequate, and if you learn on those then you'll find mixing on technics (when/if you play out/upgrade) incredibly easy. If you have the spare cash, sure, get the technics, but frankly there's no point spending twice the money on technics if you're already struggling to afford them anyway.

ReputationRep:
    based on above logic its pointless buying lesser decks only to upgrade at a later date. look in local pawn shops as 1210's are popular with chavs for 5 minutes who then pawn them off... most shops will let you test them instore and you can pick up some bargains!

ReputationRep:

Track listing.

Deep Focus - Heavy metal

That tune is so sick.

It's quite easy to find a pair of second hand Technics 1200s on eBay £350. Have a look around, I'm sure you'll find a bargain.

ReputationRep:
    based on above logic its pointless buying lesser decks only to upgrade at a later date. look in local pawn shops as 1210's are popular with chavs for 5 minutes who then pawn them off... most shops will let you test them instore and you can pick up some bargains!
    If you have the spare cash then sure it's pointless going for anything else, but I was just advising that if it's difficult to afford technics, you really won't be crippled or anything by simply buying some other decks though. I would advise going to Stantons if it's going to be anything else though, they're pretty good.

And the above advice about used Technics is true, they are built like tanks and second-hand ones can be great.

ReputationRep:
    I've had my stanton t60's for about a year now and theyve been great for learning the basics. but now i'm finding it a bit boring just being able to change the bass and treble and am thinking it might be time for a new mixer ha... but yeah i just got a cheap starter pack off decks.co.uk or something and it was fine, £250 or something for the lot

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.