Turn on thread page Beta

Drum n Bass society watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wayne_cramp)
    you are a complete idiot; describing me as having a 'shallow mind' makes absolutely no sense. The only reason i think drum and bass is utter rubbish is because i am a good pianist and classical guitarist, and can appreciate proper music, so i dont like it when some imbecile puts together some rubbish on his computer and get credit for it by those who know no better.
    Mate. Just stop right now. I don't care if you are Vladimir Horowitz (try looking that up, musical genius). I don't know what you think "proper" music is, presumably classical music, which I enjoy enjoy very much, but no one on here cares about your views, as you have shown yourself to be rather ignorant and stupid.

You are making a really big sweeping statement by saying that -
    ... some imbecile puts together some rubbish on his computer and get credit for it by those who know no better.
    which is utter rubbish. Great, you have expressed your "views" in an incoherent bubble of insults and stupidity, but if you aren't interested in what's being discussed, then get the hell out of the thread. Perhaps check out the classical music society.

For the rest of you guys, check out an album by Klute called "No One's Listening Anymore"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wayne_cramp)
    you are a complete idiot; describing me as having a 'shallow mind' makes absolutely no sense.
    The only reason i think drum and bass is utter rubbish is because i am a good pianist and classical guitarist, and can appreciate proper music, so i dont like it when some imbecile puts together some rubbish on his computer and get credit for it by those who know no better.
    Making sweeping generalisations like these is shallow minded, especially when they are not based on any real facts. Sure, there's crap drum and bass, just like there's crap in every genre. Don't rubbish it just because you don't understand the skill and effort that goes in to composing/producing a good tune.

How does being classically trained have anything to do with your musical tastes?? Quite a number of the scene's biggest producers are classically trained musicians, but that's irrelevant.
    Also, I played the drums for ten years and the piano for about 5; I love classical music, and I love drum and bass. The two are not mutually exclusive.

It doesn't matter how music is created, the instruments don't make the music. All that matters is the feeling it creates, and If you don't feel it, simply change the station

ez

ReputationRep:
    Can u join me up for this one!! :cheers:
    current favorite tunes:
    Pendulum:slam and another planet
    RAM Trilogycreamer
    Generation Dub:Voodoo doll
    Calibre and high contrast:Mr majestik
    Logistics:together
    Ebony dubsters:Rah

favorite DJ:Andy c
    favorite Mc's: skibadee, dynamite, eksman and stamina

www.breakbeat.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    dont spose ne1 went 2 the dnb rave in gravesend a few months bk did they? skibidee nd that were there! ment 2 b a mental nite but i couldnt make it!
    becks xXx
    Ed rush
    uk apache
    shy fx
    the rat pack!
    mc stamina!

ReputationRep:
    join me up
    im a dnb raver
    my faves are probably hype, zinc and blackmarket
    i remember my first rave when i was 17 i think, in da bomb in notts, blackmarket killed it that night, proper sick
    detonate was wicked 2 weeks ago to, andy c was bad, best one of been to in a while at least

ReputationRep:
    totally agree wit jonsi, hype, zinc, blackmarket run the dnb scene. Ave u heard sweet harmony, by Ratpack nd nicky blackmarket?! its harsh!

ReputationRep:
    how is everyone feeling about high contrasts rmx of 'reload it' by kano. personally i love the song and am trying to get hold of it on vinyl. if you haven't heard it it can be found on www.breakbeat.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    reload it is a sick song
    probably the best hip hop song of the year, (apart from maybe the avenue by roll deep, coz its just wonderful ha ha)

p and qs and reload it kill it on that album, u gotta love nite nite to

ReputationRep:
    yeh i love nite nite when i'm feeling down! all the stuff coming out of 679 and the beats is pretty good at the moment!

by the way i love your sig...it's so sick and yet so funny

ReputationRep:
    yeah definitely nite nites wicked for when your feeling abit low, i love the rhymes on it

thanks, at least someone will like it, i thought it was abit of a bold move, but we'll see what people think!!! ha ha

ReputationRep:
    I'll join definitly, started dj'in like 3 months ago and now im hooked completly.

ReputationRep:
    Wicked! Grreat to see some more junglists in the house! I thought this society was dead..

Just got my decks set up again and Ive still got it! It's like riding a bike...

My favourite tunes at the moment:

Noisia - Vanishing Point
    (Anything else by Noisia!!)
    Matrix/Fierce/Rymetyme - Lightsleeper

Welcome to the society!!

ReputationRep:
    I play bass - does that count?

ReputationRep:
    for all the bedroom Dj's just thought i'd say that an easy double drop that sounds quality is Dj marky and xrs:LK with Ashanti:foolish. the ladies love r'n'b plus they will be dead impressed with ur mixing skillz!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    I play bass - does that count?
    Only if you play at 170bpm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeLboY)
    Only if you play at 170bpm
    quality

ReputationRep:
    does anybody know the most responsive decks? at the moment i have rubbish belt driven decks and am looking to upgrade to direct drive. i was wandering what decks have the greatest torque for those quick start ups :confused:
    or maybe you can just recommend decks that you have found reliable

ReputationRep:
    Most new direct drive turntables have a good amount of torque. I had Numark Pro-TTs and they had a faster pickup than Technics.
    Having said that, I still sold my Pro-TTs for a set of 1210s. With the Numarks I found I could never leave the pitchshifter alone, I was constantly making minor adjustments. I moved on to Technics and suddenly mixing became effortless and more fun. I have never used a turntable with a better pitchshifter, they just feel right..
    They're 30 years old and still found in nearly every club that still rocks vinyl. You can get more powerful decks and ones with gimmicks such as reverse and flashing lights, but you'll probably want to switch to 1210s within a month!
    If you can afford it, get them! Otherwise, I reckon the new model Numarks are pretty sweet.
    I have also used the Vestax silver turntables: Great motor, solid platter. But I found the pitchshifter too loose for my liking.

ReputationRep:
    cheers i'll see if i can pick them up a bit cheaper on ebay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeLboY)
    I'll get on it once I have broadband set up, matey
    that logo is a long time coming...lol!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.