Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so who did 'westfest 2005' then?

sadly i didnt cos i couldnt afford it
    my brother went, said it was all good apart from the fact that they had an hour of hardcore, then an hour of dnb, and so on, so the dnb didnt start til 11,

anyone else go/have any opinions on it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeLboY)
    Most new direct drive turntables have a good amount of torque. I had Numark Pro-TTs and they had a faster pickup than Technics.
    Having said that, I still sold my Pro-TTs for a set of 1210s. With the Numarks I found I could never leave the pitchshifter alone, I was constantly making minor adjustments. I moved on to Technics and suddenly mixing became effortless and more fun. I have never used a turntable with a better pitchshifter, they just feel right..
    They're 30 years old and still found in nearly every club that still rocks vinyl. You can get more powerful decks and ones with gimmicks such as reverse and flashing lights, but you'll probably want to switch to 1210s within a month!
    If you can afford it, get them! Otherwise, I reckon the new model Numarks are pretty sweet.
    I have also used the Vestax silver turntables: Great motor, solid platter. But I found the pitchshifter too loose for my liking.
    it would be interesting to know what the general consensus is on using pioneer CDJ's within the dnb scene, or do the dj's just tend to stick with vinyl?

ReputationRep:
    sorry, only just spotted this post but i had to put my 2 penneths in

(Original post by DeLboY)
    Are you a raver at all?? If so, which venues do you like?

ooh it had to be the sanctuary without a doubt was gutted when it closed last year (was too young to sample the delights of the bowlers arena double gutted )

ReputationRep:
    HEY im a maniac bass-player. so just tell me, how do i join this society?

[FONT=Georgia] PUNK ROCK'S THE BESTTTTT!!![/FONT]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Candy-Kills)
    HEY im a maniac bass-player. so just tell me, how do i join this society?

[FONT=Georgia] PUNK ROCK'S THE BESTTTTT!!![/FONT]
    :rolleyes: how very funny you are! let me just hold on to my head for a second, else i fear i am in grave danger of laughing it off completely [/sarcasm]

:p:

*ooh 1000th post *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_st/n)
    it would be interesting to know what the general consensus is on using pioneer CDJ's within the dnb scene, or do the dj's just tend to stick with vinyl?
    i don't think they are as good as vinyl. my friends got em and he sounds good on them but gets everything wrong when using vinyl. i think that using vinyl is more skillful and keeps it old skool!

unfortunetly it was the same as you too much money at a time when i allready owe £800!!

ReputationRep:
    i prefer vinyl an all not that im any good at mixing, but i found it easier to beat match when i used vinyl (used to go out with a techno/hard trance dj and he taught me a couple of things :cool: )

although i can see the benefits to cdj's, a few (part-timers, lol) hardcore dj's that i know use them, cos its easier to transport cd's than it is vinyl-that stuff weighs a ton :eek:

but then theres little scope for scratching with cd's..

'so who did 'westfest 2005' then?'
    unfortunetly it was the same as you too much money at a time when i allready owe £800!!
    :eek: how come you owe £800?! (if you dont mind me asking?)

ReputationRep:
    going on a skool trip to russia=£400
    mix up with wages where i spent what iwas expecting but then didn't receice as much as i thought=£200
    skool trip to auschwitz=£200
    and to make things worse i now owe another £75 as i just bought a whole bunch of new records.
    i think i need an accountant!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I love vinyl, simply because its more fun to mix with. Saying that, I wouldnt be able to play my own tunes and other creations without the CD-js! So I'd say I cant live without either!
    Actually, I think the best of both worlds is Final Scratch. With that you get to mix hands-on with vinyl, but it gets all the audio from your laptop! Clever stuff!

but then theres little scope for scratching with cd's..
    Actually quite a few of the newer CDJs allow you to scratch, and the quality is very good from what ive heard.

The Sanctuary was a fantastic place! Shame it was such a mission and I only went there twice, but Im glad I made the effort. Top nights.

ReputationRep:
    can anyone tell me the name of the song that has the lyrics
    "who told you, you could do it like that" :confused:
    i know that i should know it but the name has escaped me and searching breakbeat with the lyrics as a title produced nothing so it must be something different!

ReputationRep:
    My guess would be 'Who told you' by Roni Size.. I got it at home, but I cant remember if that's how the lyrics go!

ReputationRep:
    i'll have to take your word for it and order that cause i just searched through all roni size tracks on breakbeat and it wasn't there must be like the only song they don't have!!!
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.hotget.com/videocode/Roni...You--8298.html

I dunno if this works. It should be the video.

ReputationRep:
    thats the one thank a lot

ReputationRep:
    was wondering if anybody has got a vinyl verson of dynamite mc's album and if so were did you get it from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becks1871)
    totally agree wit jonsi, hype, zinc, blackmarket run the dnb scene. Ave u heard sweet harmony, by Ratpack nd nicky blackmarket?! its harsh!
    what the hell are you talking about? firstly ratpack do not mix or produce D&B, they're strictly breakbeat hardcore, second they did not produce sweet harmony, it was was made by liquid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_st/n)

sadly i didnt cos i couldnt afford it
    my brother went, said it was all good apart from the fact that they had an hour of hardcore, then an hour of dnb, and so on, so the dnb didnt start til 11,

anyone else go/have any opinions on it?
    heard it was a complete disaster, security was **** and the DNB crews were ****in' up the HHC lot. Total **** up; actually heard a funny story of how a HHC raver got approached by a D&B guy, the D&B head goes 'you want trouble' the HHC bloke replies 'NO! i'm just a raver' and undid his shirt to show the HHC angel, in response the D&B guy nutted him.

harsh, but funny!

ReputationRep:
    right, someone help me out here, i heard my brother playing this tune its got a sample of nancy sinatra-my baby shot me down,

whats it called? and who's it by i cant seem to find it and he didnt know what it was called either but it was fooking ace

ReputationRep:
    Whose goin' raveology this friday? check out blackmarket, Jungle legend

ReputationRep:
    im staying hardcore this friday, going vibealite in manc hopefully dj brisk is playing so i absolutely must go

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.