Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what raves you been to then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dj Nastie)
    what raves you been to then?
    only 17! would try and get in but cant be bothered to travel 2 london only to be turn away! at the moment just do house parties (DJing) with mates! roll on november!

ReputationRep:
    just out of interest when you mix do you count the 16 beat thing or hit and hope! is it worth investing in a beat counter! i hit most beats but miss occasionally and wondered if it made any difference having a beat counter!

ReputationRep:
    beat counter? nah, never used them, and i heard they're pretty ****, i know when to drop a tune, dont know how to explain it tbh, just comes with practice, obviously i count the beats: 4 beats to a bar etc and dropping on the second bar.

ReputationRep:
    beat counter? nah, never used them, and i heard they're pretty ****, i know when to drop a tune, dont know how to explain it tbh, just comes with practice, obviously i count the beats: 4 beats to a bar etc and dropping on the second bar.
    yeh thats wot i usually do but people keep tellin me that beat counters are fantastic, im glad you said you dont use one and its not just me!
    whats happening with that tom and jerry tune you was goin to post?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.breakbeat.co.uk/listen/se...e+mc&SUBMIT=Go

on the live P.A october 15th 2003 (near the bottom of the page)
    does anyone know the name of the tune between who told u and brown paper bag. sounds familiar just cant put a name to it.
    big thanx if anyone can name it

ReputationRep:
    nastie, have u realised that with us two away this society dies!
    whatever happened to delboy, bad karma and qwuerty?? surely we aint the only two who like D n B!!!

ReputationRep:
    im back in london now so i wont be online much, ill try and sort that tom and jerry tune out soon

ReputationRep:
    i know you wont b able to answer till ur back @ uni but ill post it now while i remember! do you know the name and artist behind it of a tune that begins with the lyrics:

" nothing we've been doing is real,
    we haven't been tapping into new areas of the brain,
    we have just been reawakening the ancient,
    this technology is simply a mirror of the power that wizards and alchemists possessed centuries ago,
    the human race lost its technology and now we are reclaiming it,
    listen carfully because we are about to,
    ***** ur brain, (screams) "

if you can tell me then cheers!! have a good xmas!!!

ReputationRep:
    HOPE U ENJOY!!

ROTATION PRESENTS - BINGO TOUR NIGHT
    WEDS 1ST FEBRUARY 9PM -3 AM @ TIME NIGHTCLUB::GUILDFORD:URREY::GU1 4AF

ZINC
    FRICTION
    BREAK
    NETWORK
    OLLIE K

IC3, SP, RHYME TYME, SIDEKICK, DIGGA

ENTRY: £10

DRINKS - £2 PINT £2.50 BOTTLES

INF0: TIM 07765712906/ FREDDIE 07980927444

[email protected]

OVER 18’S ONLY::NO CAPS::R.O.A.R

ARTWORK BY [email protected]

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ngobackweb.jpg

ReputationRep:
    shame u need passport or driving lisence as i.d. i think zinc is quality. banned after one advert though? was it worth it?

ReputationRep:
    yes yes, im back, ill rip that tom and jerry tune tomoz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Junglist101)
    nastie, have u realised that with us two away this society dies!
    whatever happened to delboy, bad karma and qwerty?? surely we aint the only two who like D n B!!!
    ahh get away with yourself man! :p:

dunno about the others but i've been off for a few weeks myself so it's no wonder it kinda died in here :rolleyes:

...so anyone go to any events at new year?

i think the one that stood out the most was prob SV's NYE NEC, but at £45 a pop i couldn't afford it

ReputationRep:
    that event looked sick, wish i went............ill make up for it this year though, loads of events to go to.

ReputationRep:
    anyone got any noisia tracks or mix sessions, ive got a few but theyre hard to come by. cheers,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tony_parsons)
    anyone got any noisia tracks or mix sessions, ive got a few but theyre hard to come by. cheers,
    not sure if its any help but try searching the breakbeat forums, people may have posted stuff on there. if not post a request and im sure u will get response on there. i've only got about 3 or 4 noisa tracks and there as part of a mix so no point in me posting that.

www.breakbeat.co.uk

--------------

out of interest, has anyone on here ever tried producing?

ReputationRep:
    ive got reason which im learning to use. i've also just spent £250 on vinyl =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Junglist101)
    not sure if its any help but try searching the breakbeat forums, people may have posted stuff on there. if not post a request and im sure u will get response on there. i've only got about 3 or 4 noisa tracks and there as part of a mix so no point in me posting that.

www.breakbeat.co.uk
    Cheers, I've got a couple of tracks, monster and sacrifice, and a vision mix session by noisia, which is basically just noisia collaborations.
    I'll try on dnb arena forums as you suggest.

ReputationRep:
    ive got reason which im learning to use. i've also just spent £250 on vinyl =/
    ive been fiddling round with rebirth, can't get my head round it though! lol! heard that reason is the best thing to use.
    wish i could spend that on vinyls but my mixer has packed in just after i spent £1.5k on a laptop....timing :mad:

ReputationRep:
    O.k then, who went out and bought d 'n b arena: The Classics!
    got some good tunes on there but just dont do it for me. imo dj hypes d 'n' b essentials was far better! if anybody else has bought it, what do u tink?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.