Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    essentials was good, aint bought that DnB arena, got one mixed by randall and it aint that good, most of the stuff on it is really old.

ReputationRep:
    Right! need to post on this more! has this soc got a logo thingy sorted out?

really diggin noisia at the moment... dark as ****.

anyone else here in cardiff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_st/n)
    thanks

ok another one....its got like a computer voice sounds like a game and it goes...
    'you were defeated, you need more bass. would you like to play again'

its on a one nation cd i've got so i dunno what its called

ok, like 3 months behind, but the nancy sinatra one isby audio bullys but there a dnb remix did have the name of the remixer but cant find it...

and the other track is dj fresh - x-project. dont thinks its been released.

ReputationRep:
    this thread deserves a bump for ltj bukem and good looking records. their "logical progression 10th year anniversary" night at fabric last year was easily the best dnb night of 2005. roll on the new progression sessions residency in room 2 at fabric starting this month!

its also all about the "dj marky and friends" nights at THE END. heavy heavy nights

ReputationRep:
    ill be seeing ltj bukem on the 28th april at raveology down here in birmingham..wowoooo. alongside the likes of roni size, goldie, dj hazard, simon bassline smith, dangerous d + many more..it's gonna be huuuuuuuge canny wait!

regards
    --marty

p.s. how do i join this society..i dont see it in the socs list..:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xavier2k3)
    ill be seeing ltj bukem on the 28th april at raveology down here in birmingham..wowoooo. alongside the likes of roni size, goldie, dj hazard, simon bassline smith, dangerous d + many more..it's gonna be huuuuuuuge canny wait!

regards
    --marty
    should be a BIG night. i wish i could go to this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mark_w)
    should be a BIG night. i wish i could go to this.
    yeh im looking forward to roni's set the most. when he was here in september for the other raveology he SMASHED it man..best night of my life. it's a 9-6er as well, if you can..try and get down man! you WONT regret it!

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    for a night like that i would need at least £130 to do things properly... travel to birmingham, food, booze, entry to the event etc.

havnt got that kind of money to spare at the moment

ReputationRep:
    true say...there'll be other nights though, summers almost here!!

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    I've free'd up some society space, hows about we get this thing official?!

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    Deffo

ReputationRep:
    Ok, i'm going to file for the society to become a reality.

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    Ok, done. On another note, look where i'm going next friday:

Fabriclive
    Fri 30th Jun 06
    9:30pm - 5:00am

£12 (£10 nus & Fabric First)

Room One:
    A NIGHT OF TRUE PLAYAZ...
    DJ Hype (2hr Set)
    Pascal
    Andy C
    Goldie
    Fabio
    Hazard
    MCs:
    AD
    Skibadee
    Rage
    Fats

Room Two:
    HOSPITAL RECORDS...
    London Elektricity (DJ Set)
    High Contrast
    Cyantific
    Logistics
    Danny Byrd
    Matrix
    MCs:
    Dynamite MC
    Wrec
    Ruthless
    Ryme Tyme

Room Three:
    Shortee Blitz
    DJ Semtex
    DJ Blakey

I know you guys are jealous!

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    The society is now official guys, join up!

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    ok, heres a topic of conversation, i say jungle is better that dnb. discuss.

ReputationRep:
    I just got Pendulum and Drum 'n Bass assault given to me, not listened to drum n bass before but i'm liking these albums a lot

ReputationRep:
    I cant stand Pendulum. I refuse to even call them D&B.

As for your debate DJDJ:

(Original post by wikipedia.org)
    Jungle vs. drum and bass
    The difference between Oldschool jungle and drum and bass is one of the most common debates within the community. There is no universally accepted semantic distinction between the terms "jungle" and "drum and bass". Some associate "jungle" with older material from the first half of the 1990s (sometimes referred to as "jungle techno"), and see drum and bass as essentially succeeding jungle [2]. Others use jungle as a shorthand for ragga jungle, a specific sub-genre within the broader realm of drum and bass. In the U.S., the combined term "Jungle Drum and Bass" (JDB) has some popularity, but is not widespread elsewhere. Probably the widest held viewpoint is that the terms are simply synonymous and interchangeable: drum and bass is jungle, and jungle is drum and bass.

DJ Hype: "At the end of the day I am an ambassador for Drum and Bass the world over and have been playing for 16 years under the name Hype... To most of you out there Drum and Bass will be an important part of your lives, but for me Drum and Bass/Jungle is my life and always has been... We all have a part to play and believe me when I say I am no ****ing bandwagon jumper, just a hard working Hackney man doing this thing called Drum and Bass/Jungle".

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    jungle aint the same as dnb, the only people who think that are yankys, ask any english person and they'll pretty much say the same thing as me.

ReputationRep:
    You never did say what you thought...

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    Safe, didn't realise that this had taken off on here!

I'm still recovering from seeing Bryan Gee on Friday night in Leeds, was a sick night.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.