Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ive done my Legal Personell Paper and Got An A (well 1 mark off !) in jan and now im onto the Mach Of Justice and Sources of law paper, any body got any ideas on what questions are gonna come up just so i can revise in the right direction!?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave_G03)
    Ive done my Legal Personell Paper and Got An A (well 1 mark off !) in jan and now im onto the Mach Of Justice and Sources of law paper, any body got any ideas on what questions are gonna come up just so i can revise in the right direction!?

Cheers
    Regarding Sorces of Law, I've looked through the past papers and precedent hasn't appeared for a while so it might appear but again it might not.

ReputationRep:
    Can you post what came up in the two AS papers in 2004?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulfg)
    Can you post what came up in the two AS papers in 2004?
    13th January 2005

Exercise on European Law
    Exercise in Statutory Interpretation

15th June 2004

Exercise on Delegated Legislation
    Exercise on Statutory Interpretation

13th January 2004

Exercise on European Law
    Exercise on Judicial Precedent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny5876)
    13th January 2005

Exercise on European Law
    Exercise in Statutory Interpretation

15th June 2004

Exercise on Delegated Legislation
    Exercise on Statutory Interpretation

13th January 2004

Exercise on European Law
    Exercise on Judicial Precedent
    Do you also happen to know what came up for machinery of justice

ReputationRep:
    Here's a link from my college website, has all past paper questions since June 2003, hope it helps!
    Past Papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starzrblue)
    Here's a link from my college website, has all past paper questions since June 2003, hope it helps!
    Past Papers
    Cheers for that I'm taking Legal Personnel and Sources of Law on wednesday and I haven't seen the 2005 paper for Legal Personnel. I'm personally wanting the training routes of Barristers/Solicitors to appear.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that.

ReputationRep:
    in regards to the papers, on legall personell you can miss a topic out cant you?

Can you do this on the Mach Of Justice, im sure you can, but im sure our teacher said it was different on the Sources oF law paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave_G03)
    in regards to the papers, on legall personell you can miss a topic out cant you?

Can you do this on the Mach Of Justice, im sure you can, but im sure our teacher said it was different on the Sources oF law paper?
    Well for machinary of justice ive only revised the criminal side i.e police powers, cpourt system and aims of sentencing. We havent done the civil side at college at all.

The sources of law we were told to focus on judicial precedent and statutory interpretation as on of those two always comes up. Be careful though as 1 year that put law reform with judicial precedent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elyse180887)
    The sources of law we were told to focus on judicial precedent and statutory interpretation as on of those two always comes up. Be careful though as 1 year that put law reform with judicial precedent.
    Even though I really want Judicial Precedent to turn up, its a bit dangerous concentrating on just particular topics. Judicial Precedent hardly turns up where as EU law turns up quite often along with Statutory Interpretation. The exam paper could be EU law with Delegated Legislation all you know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny5876)
    Even though I really want Judicial Precedent to turn up, its a bit dangerous concentrating on just particular topics. Judicial Precedent hardly turns up where as EU law turns up quite often along with Statutory Interpretation. The exam paper could be EU law with Delegated Legislation all you know
    if you go through all the past papers one of either judicial precedent (which i hope turns up) or statutory interpretation turns up. Dont forget you can choose between 2 questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starzrblue)
    Past Papers
    This has been the biggest god send post in a long while! I have been searching for these everywhere!
    Big thank you

ReputationRep:
    Prediction for 2570 (OCR) : Delegated legislation and Judicial Precedent.(EU unlikely).

S.I unlikely to be on it, it will likely be in next weeks 2573 with some mention of the influence of EU on our law (HRA 1998 s3,6).

ReputationRep:
    Law exam tomorrow! No!! All three units in 1 sitting...3 hours on my butt.
    I've been cramming the past 2 days, and my brain doesn't seem to take in anymore information lol.
    It's my last exam...which is a huge relief

ReputationRep:
    starzrblue
    New Member Join Date: Jun 2005

Reply to Thread: OCR AS Law Next week!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Law exam tomorrow! No!! All three units in 1 sitting...3 hours on my butt.
    I've been cramming the past 2 days, and my brain doesn't seem to take in anymore information lol.
    It's my last exam...which is a huge relief
    Its my last exam aswell! BUT im back in college tommorow, its pointless going back we should get a week rest or something.

Im quite confident on the MachOf Justice but just going over Sources of law now everyone seems to thing Precedent and Statutary Interpretation will come up but im going to revise Reform breifly just incase! Im really scared only really just spent these last 2 days proper on Law. O well!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.