any gud do u think?

(Original post by SparklLZz)
    any gud do u think?
    nope

ReputationRep:
    why not?

why not?
    westminster generally doesnt have a very good reputation, if you were taking a law degree there in hope of becoming a lawyer then i'm sorry but it just won't happen.

if you dont have great grades and want to do law then why not apply to reading - my friends offer was BBC and the uni is currently moving up the league tables and generally well respected

ReputationRep:
    well ive already applied to 6 different uni's. i wanna go nottingham trent.

well ive already applied to 6 different uni's. i wanna go nottingham trent.
    trent is great, all the people i've met have been really nice, best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    well trent aint got back to me yet, i bin accepted at sheff hallam and demontfort. dont wanna go demontfort,. wanna go sheff hallam if i dont get into nott trent, but by gods grace i will get into nottingham trent university

ReputationRep:
    Trent is much better than Westminster. Westminster is one of them universities where you just pass one grade E at A level and they let you in. It really is that bad.

ReputationRep:
    YAYYYYYYYYYY I GOT INTO NOTTINGHAM TRENTTTTTTT!!! theyre asking for lower points from me than their requirements in the prospoectus, thats rlly wierd.

anyway woohoo!

ReputationRep:
    Well done, they must have really likes your application

ReputationRep:
    yeh, now i rlly hope by gods grace that i will get into this university.

im predicted 300 points so thats pretty cool.

i dont understand why they wud have liked my applications, i made a totally milkshake outta ma AS levels by effing about. musta liked ma charming sweet talk i the personal statment lol. oh and all dat prayin i did begging God togive me a place ther!

ReputationRep:
    At least you will have better career prospects at Trent than Westminster.

ReputationRep:
    is that really true tho? they brag about having one of the highest graduate employment rates or something like that. but is that really true?

i asked ma careers advisor if i cud jus write "nottingham law school" int he section where they ask u what uni u visited, so that that tink i went to nottingham uni lol. he started laughing hysterically....

ReputationRep:
    Lol Nottingham Law School. Erm I can say I go to Manchester university of Salford?

My university has a higher graduate employment rate than both oxford and cambridge but that is not the entire story.

The quality of jobs oxford students apply for are probably much higher than the ones Salford students apply for.

So employment rates are only half the story.

Westminster is at the bottom of a lot of league tables though. I will just check what their latest employment rate is.

brb

ReputationRep:
    Its 89% for westminster and 88% for Nottigham Trent. Like I said before though its not a very good statistic to go on.

ReputationRep:
    yeh but i asked ma careers teachers and they sed nottingham trent is a rlly gud uni outta ma choices, and that its gradually gettin higher in its rep and its entry reqs are gettin higher too.

but i suppose its the only choice i hav now, imight aswell luk forward to it.

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham Trent is a good university for what it is. Its certainly in a different league to Westminster which is more of a business than a university.

I hope you don't write like that in your essays though :cool:

ReputationRep:
    yeh most people i mention nottingham trent to and when i tell them ive been sent an offer from are usually impressed cez they know how much i messed up last yr. so itmust be a gud uni if people sound a teeny bit impressed when i mention it. ive never rlly heard anyone diss it. they usually say its a rlly good uni and is developing rlly fast

ReputationRep:
    Well simply Nottingham Trent is one of the best ex polys which were formed in 1992. However if there are any good ex polys is the question. I personaly think some are quite good and some are quite simply dreadful.

There are a lot worst places you can study though than Nottingham Trent.

ReputationRep:
    what wud YOU say is the best ex poly?

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.