Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well I am not sure but I would say Nottingham Trent is up there with places like Shefeield Harlam, Manchester Met. The london ex polys seem to be the worst league tables wise.

You can't always be snobby though otherwise you could miss out on applying for a very good university and good course.

ReputationRep:
    yeh true, man met is rubbish! im from manchester and everyone calls man met the reject place? i think thats cez of the people that go ther, well the people i know.

but u never know

i got accepted at trent AND shef hallam. after comparin both, i came to conclusion that trent is better for law.

ReputationRep:
    Well lets put it this way I have to go past the MET everyday to get Salford. However I am glad I did choose Salford. The entre points were a lot higher at Salford than the met.

Also there was an article in the evening news about how easy it is go get into the MET on a some courses. If you need say 160 points they will let you in with just 100! Which is scary as a thick **** like me managed to get 260 points quite easily.

ReputationRep:
    salford is a cool uni, ma sis went ther and i wud go ther if they did law. alot of y friends are goin ther and hav gon ther to do criminology or computer related studies cez its oneof da best for graphics and business/it degrees

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am doing Multimedia and Internet Technology there. I get to use all them lovely graphics facilities. The only thing I don't like about Salford is its not in the city centre so its a 30-45 minute journey from home. Also the campus is spread over 150 acres so thats a lot of walking.

ReputationRep:
    yeh its pretty big cez i remmeber havin to walk from that main building, i dont know what its called, but has the loads of steps to past all them fieldy bits to the other building wher the IT workroom was, and it was a big trek, plusi t was raining.

ReputationRep:
    I am guessing you were outside Maxwell building, then walked down the steps at Peel Park to get to the Telford building.

Did you go over a bridge?

ReputationRep:
    yep it was maxwell building i duno what the other was called tho.
    i think salfords nice but alot of peolpe get put off cez it loooks quite shabby

ReputationRep:
    I think the worst problem is the area. There is not much there and it just seems like an ever ending innercity.

A lot of buildings are being done up now and its about time. But thats not likely to be finished for another 5 years or so.

Buildings wise the worst education place I've seen is Bolton Insitute the buildings there are really quite horrible.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.