Turn on thread page Beta

Aqa Hell - History A Level - Does Anyone Do It??!?! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey - Just wondered if anyone, anyone, ANYONE is out there who happens to be under the curse of AQA history alevel - I just need comfort that someone is in my position and understands my turmoil (hist a level british, european).
    Im going through hell. Im predicted 3 A's - got 3 a's last year and to be honest I'll be lucky if i get a C now. We don't do Jan modules in our school (incompetent fools) so have three exams this summer for history alone, i've got four double folders crammed full of stuff and i simply cannot learn it all - it takes hours and hours and i never remember it.
    All my teacher has done is photocopy 300 pages of continuous prose and sent us off to learn it by heart - only 1 folder - Ive got 3 times as much at least. My german unification notes I have been given are also crap and dont make sense. All my friends are doing OCR at other schools and have literally a quarter as much as I have to learn, hell, most ppl doing 3 alevels in other subjects have less to learn. Im doing british and european and german unification AND public health - is anyone out there who's doing the same or similar on AQA??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mylifesucksbad)
    Hey - Just wondered if anyone, anyone, ANYONE is out there who happens to be under the curse of AQA history alevel - I just need comfort that someone is in my position and understands my turmoil (hist a level british, european).
    Im going through hell. Im predicted 3 A's - got 3 a's last year and to be honest I'll be lucky if i get a C now. We don't do Jan modules in our school (incompetent fools) so have three exams this summer for history alone, i've got four double folders crammed full of stuff and i simply cannot learn it all - it takes hours and hours and i never remember it.
    All my teacher has done is photocopy 300 pages of continuous prose and sent us off to learn it by heart - only 1 folder - Ive got 3 times as much at least. My german unification notes I have been given are also crap and dont make sense. All my friends are doing OCR at other schools and have literally a quarter as much as I have to learn, hell, most ppl doing 3 alevels in other subjects have less to learn. Im doing british and european and german unification AND public health - is anyone out there who's doing the same or similar on AQA??
    hey history is one of the most challenging subjects, so don't worry too much.

I recall doing GCSE SHP American West and Medicine Through Time.

My friend got an A* and then did AQA History Crusaders and 1000- 1200AD Norm stuff

He scraped barely a D at A-Level.

Just shows A-Level is totally different.

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.