Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    who is scared to do there mock exams? im scared! and to freak me out even more,i have a maths exam first thing monday morning! i dont know what to doo,i feel like killing myself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    i feel like killing myself!

aint that a bit extream???

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    who is scared to do there mock exams? im scared! and to freak me out even more,i have a maths exam first thing monday morning! i dont know what to doo,i feel like killing myself!
    my first exam is maths as well, on monday morning, and i'm dreadind it!!
    my techer gave us a long revision list (about 25 things to revise)!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    Maths GCSE isn't scary, I'm crap at Maths, had a sh*tty teacher and still got a B. Just make a few intelligent guesses and you'll be alright. I did intermediate. I scared myself to death, but it really wasn't that bad.

Good luck! It'll all be over soon and then you'll be looking back to the days when all you had to worry about was GCSE Maths...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    Hi Anna,

I wouldnt worry too much about your mocks...they are only mocks after all, they dont count for anything, they just give you an idea of how well you're doing/not doing so you know how much work you have to put in for the real things.

I got As, Bs, Cs, Ds and an F in my GCSE mocks, and came out with straight As, so please try not to worry.

Good luck!

x-Laura-x

ReputationRep:
    oh.. and..... anyone know wot a stem and leaf diagram is?? :confused:
    (summat 2 do wiv maths)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    my first exam is maths as well, on monday morning, and i'm dreadind it!!
    my techer gave us a long revision list (about 25 things to revise)!!!
    Rofl, when I did GCSE, my second exam was after half-term, and my beloved maths teacher forgot to give me a revision list (not that I would have done any revision anyway). Then on the Monday, the other maths teacher gave me the list (two days left to the exam!!) and I thought : "No way in hell am I going to learn this in two days!" So I only did a couple of past papers and I was fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B00kwOrm)
    Rofl, when I did GCSE, my second exam was after half-term, and my beloved maths teacher forgot to give me a revision list (not that I would have done any revision anyway). Then on the Monday, the other maths teacher gave me the list (two days left to the exam!!) and I thought : "No way in hell am I going to learn this in two days!" So I only did a couple of past papers and I was fine.
    wer did u get past papers frm??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    oh.. and..... anyone know wot a stem and leaf diagram is?? :confused:
    (summat 2 do wiv maths)
    ......anyone??............

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys but im still real scared, maths is my worrrrrrset subject!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    wer did u get past papers frm??
    From the devil Himself... No, from my maths teacher... not much difference ... Just ask for past papers for your level, make a copy of them and have fun!!! And have them marked by your teacher. Then, you can find out what you're good at and what you're not good at, so you can revise the topics you're not comfortable with, instead of ploughing through these stupid revision lists.

ReputationRep:
    we aint even been given a revision list because my maths teacher has been ill all week and decided not to come in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    thanks guys but im still real scared, maths is my worrrrrrset subject!
    You'll be fine. Good luck!!! Have a big party with your friends when you get a good grade - and if not, do it anyway! That's what I did when I got my B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B00kwOrm)
    From the devil Himself... No, from my maths teacher... not much difference ... Just ask for past papers for your level, make a copy of them and have fun!!! And have them marked by your teacher. Then, you can find out what you're good at and what you're not good at, so you can revise the topics you're not comfortable with, instead of ploughing through these stupid revision lists.
    my teacher woz givin out free past papers on friday, after school.......but stupid me forgot 2 go!!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    we aint even been given a revision list because my maths teacher has been ill all week and decided not to come in!
    Like I said: forget about the revision list and burn the teacher!! Or the other way round?!? Anyway, trust me, you don't need your teacher (unless he/she is really good) and you don't need the revision list (apart from having it as a guideline, to mark which topics you're confident with and which ones you're not). What you need are past papers - and a lighter.

ReputationRep:
    listen hunny, if its any consolation, i got all U's and a few C's in my mocks at GCSE and in the real thing got 2A* and 3A and the rest B. lol.... take a chill pill!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)

Don't worry. I know you'll do great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)

thanks a lot, i just stress a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)

thanks

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.