The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Saf!
my teacher woz givin out free past papers on friday, after school.......but stupid me forgot 2 go!!! :rolleyes:

"forgot 2 go", huh? Slacker! I like that! Never mind about the papers, enjoy this weekend, at the end of the day life is shitty enough without maths... Read a book you like, get some sleep and have breakfast on the day of the exam. The rest is common sense. Make sure you know where the exam is that you have all the things you need (e.g. calculator) Sounds obvious? You'll be surprised how many lamers forget them! And don't freak out.
Reply 21
B00kwOrm
"forgot 2 go", huh? Slacker! I like that! Never mind about the papers, enjoy this weekend, at the end of the day life is shitty enough without maths... Read a book you like, get some sleep and have breakfast on the day of the exam. The rest is common sense. Make sure you know where the exam is that you have all the things you need (e.g. calculator) Sounds obvious? You'll be surprised how many lamers forget them! And don't freak out.

thanx 4 the advice........i would hve forgotten 2 check on the room i'm in if u didn't remind me!! :rolleyes:
Reply 22
Saf!
thanx 4 the advice........i would hve forgotten 2 check on the room i'm in if u didn't remind me!! :rolleyes:

Lol... these little things always make you more nervous. On the day of the exam I actually went to the right room (the one which was on the board) but they had changed it without telling anyone of course! But I was a bit early so I ran over to the sports hall where it was taking place.

Good luck!!! Tell me what grade you got... Btw, are these just mock exams (like Anna's) or are you retaking the real ones? Cos normally GCSEs are in the Summer, don't they?
Reply 23
B00kwOrm
Lol... these little things always make you more nervous. On the day of the exam I actually went to the right room (the one which was on the board) but they had changed it without telling anyone of course! But I was a bit early so I ran over to the sports hall where it was taking place.

Good luck!!! Tell me what grade you got... Btw, are these just mock exams (like Anna's) or are you retaking the real ones? Cos normally GCSEs are in the Summer, don't they?

u get more restless wen things like that happen!

and no they just mocks! :smile:
Just out of interest how seriously are you taking/did you take your mocks. At my school ( I go to a school where people are freakyly obsessed with getting A*s) people take them so unbelieveabley seriously, they have started revising already and they arent taking them til january. Just wondered how seriously other people took it? Because I really dont care what I get in my mocks, obviously i will try as hard as I can, and of course I care what I get in my GCSEs, but they are only mocks they are not the end of the world. How much did you/are you revising for them?
Reply 25
onlylittleme
Just out of interest how seriously are you taking/did you take your mocks. At my school ( I go to a school where people are freakyly obsessed with getting A*s) people take them so unbelieveabley seriously, they have started revising already and they arent taking them til january. Just wondered how seriously other people took it? Because I really dont care what I get in my mocks, obviously i will try as hard as I can, and of course I care what I get in my GCSEs, but they are only mocks they are not the end of the world. How much did you/are you revising for them?

I didn't really bother at all with the mock exams. I got mostly F's and E's. In the GCSE's themselves I ended up with 11 A*s (and 1 G). There's not much point to mock exams - in 3 months no one will even remember how well (or badly) they did. Employers definitely don't give a damn about them.

Latest

Trending

Trending