Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i been revising since january but i built up on the hours as i got closer to the exams.

ReputationRep:
    I started on the 1st of May. I knew there were some subjects which I couldn't revise for the night before, so I picked out the subjects I needed to cover to get everything fitted in. I spent a week each on Maths, History and Physics, and a weekend on Geography 1 stuff. Now it's just revising when I have the time.

It really depends on the subject; for French, for instance, I've only done a few hours; English Literature, I just re-read the play were were studying and familiarized myself with the novel.Biology I revised nonstop for three days.

I haven't been setting the same time aside each day for revision; I go by what exam I have coming up. But when I was revising History and Physics, for instance, I started at 1/2pm, stopped at 5.30 for dinner, started again at 6.30 and stopped for the night at about 9.

ReputationRep:
    Aren't GCSEs over yet? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Aren't GCSEs over yet? :confused:
    Mine don't end until 21st June! I have 5 exams this week, and then History 2 on 21st.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by October Project)
    Mine don't end until 21st June! I have 5 exams this week, and then History 2 on 21st.
    God, GCSEs sucked! Well stick at it little ones =) Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    hmmm. I probably di about 2 hours a day during all of the easter holidays.
    Then, after school ended I must have done the equivalent of about 2 hours a day. Mainly focusing on german, english, eng lit, and DT, ie. my weaker subjects.

To be honest, in retrospect, my 2 hours of revision were perfect. There was nothing in the exams which I didn't know, just a few mistakes which I made in the pressure of exams I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    I revise a few hours before each exam.

ReputationRep:
    you gys make me feel guilty
    u graft 2 much

ReputationRep:
    I find cramming all info an hour before the exam works really lol, but i do try and revise a couple of hours for a couple of days before exams.

ReputationRep:
    hardly any, i'm so ******* lazy. i find it really really hard to motivate myself to work. some subjects i do more than others though.

double science - probably done the most about five hours in total
    music - none
    latin - like an hour the day before
    english language - none
    english lit - none
    maths - none
    history - i read the textbook 30 mins before my paper 1!
    geography - about 3 hours in total

in spite of all this i'm hoping to get 9A*s. aarrgh...is that way too much to ask? i know i don't even deserve to pass...

isn't latin in 2 weeks time. ive got 2 straight days before each. evr1 else will be getin pissed while i revise ****in set texts!

ReputationRep:
    i revise for the exam the night b4, i do like 6 hours solid, read notes b4 i go to bed and then pray to god that my memory will retain the info!

ReputationRep:
    I probably haven't been doing as much as should..but all this talk of revision is making me want to go and do some!

ReputationRep:
    In conclusion i am a lazy ****. I thought i'd be revision like a crazy son of a b***h but that wasnt the case.

ReputationRep:
    LOL!!! ok to be honest i do very little revision, i do revision about 2 hours before my exam..... i have a very short attention span lol!!! xoxo

ReputationRep:
    Virtually none! Well except for science cos i actually really care about that... this could explain why i ****ed up English lit!

Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.