Turn on thread page Beta

Do foundation programmes give conditional offers? watch

ReputationRep:
    if so...im in trouble

ReputationRep:
    Yep its just like any honours degree. They will only offer you a place if you meet their set entry requirements.

ReputationRep:
    these Reqs are alot more lenient, right?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    They're likely to be significantly lower than the equivalent normal university degree course and may also be used to provide for people with unusual (or no!) qualifications (e.g. if you've worked in the industry for years but have no formal qualifications). The typical entry requirements are usually stated in the prospectuses or on the relevant university websites. You could have a look at the places you're interested in.
    Jenn xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovemachine)
    these Reqs are alot more lenient, right?
    Yes, because foundation programmes have lower entry requirements. I'm sure you can meet them.

ReputationRep:
    ahh i see, do they give conditions for IB or AP exams if one is taking them? if so im in trouble.

ReputationRep:
    ahh i see, do they give conditions for IB or AP exams if one is taking them? if so im in trouble.
    Yes, they will. No matter what qualifications that is equivalent to A-levels, you will be givn conditions on what grades you need to get to get in. In this case for IB for example, the offer will be in points. Not sure about AP exams though.

ReputationRep:
    wow r u serious? in all the foundation websites i saw there was no mention of AP /IB but only completion of HS certificate. it also seems unfair to make one student only complete a high school diploma, and another to do that and achieve certain marks on IB exams, doesnt it? im in american system and goin for several IB certificates, and one AP

ReputationRep:
    wow r u serious? in all the foundation websites i saw there was no mention of AP /IB but only completion of HS certificate. it also seems unfair to make one student only complete a high school diploma, and another to do that and achieve certain marks on IB exams, doesnt it? im in american system and goin for several IB certificates, and one AP
    Some universities don't list every country in the world high school qualifications. They only list the major countries and/or where most students come from to study at a particular university. If your qualification is not on there, you should contact the uni to see what you need to get in order to meet the requirements.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.