(Original post by Howard)
    It's filthy dirty
    It's expensive
    It pisses down with rain all the time
    There's not space to swing a bloody cat
    The houses are pokey
    It's full of bloody foreigners
    The trains stink and don't run on time
    The healthservice is more likely to transmit you a disease than cure you of one
    It's yobbish & violent
    It has absolutely no moral values except relativist moral values (Goo God - half the vicars don't believe in God)
    The cops are absolutely useless
    The taxes don't bring much bang for the buck
    The people are as ignorant as pigs
    It's oppressive
    Everything is bloody illegal
    It's governed by utter pricks

I could go on.........
    shhh, remember you're a Conservative, lets not be too harsh about this once great piece of land. :eek:
    I take pride in where i live, and where i live is a pleasant place. I would rather not live anywhere else in the world.
    The problems that we face today can be solved, but it will take a lot of hard work, and Britain is not alone with its problems.

ReputationRep:

so you'd rather move abroad?! :p:

one good thing is that we have the lowest rate of drink driving in europe

ReputationRep:
    It's filthy dirty
    It's expensive
    The houses are pokey
    The people are either cheap or don't have a pot to piss in
    Everyone is fat/ugly/has rotten teeth or some combination thereof
    It's yobbish & violent
    It has absolutely no moral values except relativist moral values (Goo God - half the vicars don't believe in God)
    It's oppressive

I could go on.........

Full of bloody foreigners? Omg that is such a f***ed up thing to say. For a start, it isn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekillersrock)
    so you'd rather move abroad?! :p:

one good thing is that we have the lowest rate of drink driving in europe
    Britain is on the whole, a far more pleasant place to live than most countries i've been to.
    The problem is with a couple of groups in society. Some good discipline and order is needed, and fast.

ReputationRep:
    British politics is polluted by paliating, populist politicians. That is one of the root causes of ALL this nation's problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chiron)
    Full of bloody foreigners? Omg that is such a f***ed up thing to say. For a start, it isn't.
    0.2% of my North Yorkshire constituency is "non-white". There isn't much of a problem up here, and in the country as a whole, theres only about 5-10% "foreigners".
    London likes to pride itself on being "diverse", and it also boasts a crime rate lower than many other major world cities, such as Moscow, Berlin, Paris and New York.
    Britains problems are serious, but not neccessarily more serious than in other countries. We have a chance to clamp down now, all we need now is a Conservative government, to once again, regain British pride, and take a firm line on serious issues.

ReputationRep:
    It's filthy dirty
    It's expensive
    The houses are pokey
    It's yobbish & violent
    It's oppressive

I could go on.........

The phrase "shut the f#ck up", comes to mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beekeeper_)
    0.2% of my North Yorkshire constituency is "non-white". There isn't much of a problem up here, and in the country as a whole, theres only about 5-10% "foreigners".
    London likes to pride itself on being "diverse", and it also boasts a crime rate lower than many other major world cities, such as Moscow, Berlin, Paris and New York.
    Britains problems are serious, but not neccessarily more serious than in other countries. We have a chance to clamp down now, all we need now is a Conservative government, to once again, regain British pride, and take a firm line on serious issues.
    Not that I am calling you a racist, but off the record, I don't consider British Nationals who do not have white skin to be "foreigners". I thought the latest estimate put the "non-white" population at something closer to 6%. I used to be an ardent labourite and I am a Leftwinger by inclination but I am very fast losing faith in THIS labour government and in general, left wing politics. Having recently read a biography of Tony Blair, I have a rather lower opinion of him than I did at the time of the general election. I think he is slimy and insincere; he is so insincere he even has a political philosophy and if he has one it's further right than it is left. He has this horrible way of saying a problem is solved, and instead giving them a new name or simply breaking them up into smaller less distinguishable "sub-problems". It is disgusting and ultimately destructive.

ReputationRep:
    British politics is polluted by paliating, populist politicians. That is one of the root causes of ALL this nation's problems.
    thats one of the redeeming features of northern irish politics. you are never in doubt where people stand, and they arent afraid to tell you either.

ReputationRep:
    It's filthy dirty
    It's expensive
    The houses are pokey
    It's yobbish & violent
    It's oppressive
    You really are a disgrace aren't you. Do you have a dual shrine of Enoch Powell and Mosely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beekeeper_)

Don't you mean a good conservative government, rather then the one now, with better policies, ideas and figures?

It's filthy dirty
    It's expensive
    The houses are pokey
    It's yobbish & violent
    It's oppressive

I could go on.........
    Does this mean that you have found your 'Nirvana' in the US? Will you never put your foot on this fair and green land again and walk as in ancient times? So I guess this means that we shall be devoid of your physical presence - come back Howie, we need you to put things right!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Not that I am calling you a racist, but off the record, I don't consider British Nationals who do not have white skin to be "foreigners". I thought the latest estimate put the "non-white" population at something closer to 6%.
    I think the 6% is just a national average though. London is much higher % of non-whites, while other areas have much smaller non-white communities.

In North Yorkshire the firgure is exrtremely low, perhaps one of the 'most whilte' areas of the whole country as there is very little to have ever attracted people to the area when they entre the country and so very few families have settled up here (not that this is a problem for anyone concered). I guess I might live near one of the most ethnically-diverse areas in and around North Yorkshire of York Univeristy. But even here there are still relativley few non-white and/or non-British people.

ReputationRep:
    It's such a joyless country that the only way any measure of joy can be attained is by being so drunk that one forgets temporarily where one is.

And the food stinks. Titchy portions of tasteless mush.
    And it's overpopulated and gridlocked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Does this mean that you have found your 'Nirvana' in the US? Will you never put your foot on this fair and green land again and walk as in ancient times? So I guess this means that we shall be devoid of your physical presence - come back Howie, we need you to put things right!
    I shall in fact be visiting England on vacation in July but if it's anything like my last visit of over two years ago I'll probably only manage to stomach it for 3 days before getting in a car and ****in off to France for the rest of my time.

ReputationRep:
    I shall in fact be visiting England on vacation in July but if it's anything like my last visit of over two years ago I'll probably only manage to stomach it for 3 days before getting in a car and ****in off to France for the rest of my time.
    Where are you visiting?

Andrew

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyukguy)
    Where are you visiting?

Andrew
    Hertfordshire. My cradle.

ReputationRep:
    lol, where are you from?well statistically you are partly right about standards of living. Although UK has one of the highest GDP per capita, it is ranked as being 29th with its quality of life index. I ve taken this statistic from the Economist magazine: The world in 2005, so I cant provide a link. I must agree that economy isnt the end of the world. However i strongly disagree with all your other statements. They are very pathetic. Look at other countries. Perhaps UK's standards of living are quite low compared to some developed countries, but there are some developing countries, where the standards of living are just ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    lol, where are you from?well statistically you are partly right about standards of living. Although UK has one of the highest GDP per capita, it is ranked as being 29th with its quality of life index. I ve taken this statistic from the Economist magazine: The world in 2005, so I cant provide a link. I must agree that economy isnt the end of the world. However i strongly disagree with all your other statements. They are very pathetic. Look at other countries. Perhaps UK's standards of living are quite low compared to some developed countries, but there are some developing countries, where the standards of living are just ****.
    I come from a small, insignificant, county town called Hitchin. Which reminds me of a well known (to me anyway) limerick.....

There was a young lady from Hitchin
    Who was scratching her c**t in the kitchen.
    Her mother said, "Rose,
    It's the crabs, I suppose."
    She said, "Yes, and the buggers are itchin'."

I come from a small, insignificant, county town called Hitchin. Which reminds me of a well known (to me anyway) limerick.....

There was a young lady from Hitchin
    Who was scratching her c**t in the kitchen.
    Her mother said, "Rose,
    It's the crabs, I suppose."
    She said, "Yes, and the buggers are itchin'."
    Trust you to know a limerick that refers to such as this. You are an incorrigible rascal!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.