Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    I come from a small, insignificant, county town called Hitchin. Which reminds me of a well known (to me anyway) limerick.....

There was a young lady from Hitchin
    Who was scratching her c**t in the kitchen.
    Her mother said, "Rose,
    It's the crabs, I suppose."
    She said, "Yes, and the buggers are itchin'."
    wtf????is it UK, USA, Australia? What country is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Trust you to know a limerick that refers to such as this. You are an incorrigible rascal!
    Naughty. But nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    wtf????is it UK, USA, Australia? What country is it?
    UK.

ReputationRep:
    So why dont you like your own country?

(Original post by IZZY!)
    Anyone who has travelled and lived in another country can see the drawbacks of the country where they were born and raised as they have a base on which to make valid comparisons. It's called 'open mindedness'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    I was never very in love with the place to be honest (for some of the reasons I listed above) It just gets on my tits.

I just prefer living overseas. I was actually born in Belize and have lived in half a dozen other countries at various times; Belize, Guatemala, Mexico, USA, Uzbekistan (though only for about 6 months so that doesn't really count)

ReputationRep:
    Oooo. So what countries did u like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Anyone who has travelled and lived in another country can see the drawbacks of the country where they were born and raised as they have a base on which to make valid comparisons. It's called 'open mindedness'
    well not everyone hates UK as Howard.

(Original post by IZZY!)
    I don't think Howard hates this country. I would say that anyone who has lived elsewhere does see it warts and all - as indeed I do and as indeed Howard does.
    There are other countries that are much better to live in than here. And I remain here under sufferance! I'd much rather be somewhere sunny, friendly and more hospitable than here - but there you go - I'm stuck here for the time being.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    I don't hate it; that's too strong a word. I'd just rather not live there.

ReputationRep:
    Loads of people want to leave UK. I totally agree with you that living in sunny places,like Australia is much better. In addition it is much cheaper, bigger, pleasant. However this country isnt total shithole like Howard mentioned.It is much more pleasant than other countries. Perhaps Howard only seen the positive side of countries he visited.

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate it; that's too strong a word. I'd just rather not live there.
    there or here?I just had this feeling that u hated it, considering ur statements. Sorry,lol.But still, yeah, I think it is much better to live in countries like USA and Australia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    Oooo. So what countries did u like?
    Well, I really loved living in Guatemala actually. I lived in a place called Quetzaltenango (which for some reason I never did understand is shortened to "Xela".....pronounced "Shella" :confused: ) which is Guatemala's second city.

ReputationRep:
    And the food stinks. Titchy portions of tasteless mush.
    Not in my experience. British food is highly underrated. Mince and Dumplings, fish and chips, pies, pasties, aberdeen angus, broths hmmmmmm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    there or here?I just had this feeling that u hated it, considering ur statements. Sorry,lol.But still, yeah, I think it is much better to live in countries like USA and Australia.
    There....the UK. I'm very critical of it but don't hate it. I just don't want to live there. Not my cup of tea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    Not in my experience. British food is highly underrated. Mince and Dumplings, fish and chips, pies, pasties, aberdeen angus, broths hmmmmmm.
    One word. Bland.

ReputationRep:
    There....the UK. I'm very critical of it but don't hate it. I just don't want to live there. Not my cup of tea.
    Lol, me neither, cuz of weather. Very cold and always rainy.Not my cup of tea.lol.

ReputationRep:
    One word. Bland.
    what is so good about fish and chips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    what is so good about fish and chips?
    Even that's not as good as it was. Tiny fish these days......I've seen bigger sardines out of a tin than the bloody minnows they try and pass off as cod these days. And they don't even wrap them in newspaper anymore.....probably some bloody buggery stupid European law that makes it illegal :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    What sort of food do you like? Jambalaya's etc?

Andrew

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.