Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i dont see the point in getting friends and boyfriends/girlffriends xmas presents!i mean you spend exactly the same why dont people just spend the money on themselves!im not trying to sound selfish here, but doesnt that sound better when you spend exacly the same amount of money!resllu your not getting a pressie?any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrzySxyCool)
    i dont see the point in getting friends and boyfriends/girlffriends xmas presents!i mean you spend exactly the same why dont people just spend the money on themselves!im not trying to sound selfish here, but doesnt that sound better when you spend exacly the same amount of money!resllu your not getting a pressie?any thoughts?
    a pressie kinda cheers u up
    i mean imagine recievin no presents! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    i just love havin surprises

ReputationRep:
    ye i know that but say my mate buys me a pressie 4 £20 well ill just go out n buy her one for £20!n some friends are always gonna be richer than others.

ReputationRep:
    ye i know that but say my mate buys me a pressie 4 £20 well ill just go out n buy her one for £20!n some friends are always gonna be richer than others.
    how do u its 20 quid though!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    how do u its 20 quid though!!!
    sorry i dont know what you mean

ReputationRep:
    because giving makes you feel so charitable!

ReputationRep:
    i dont see the point id rather give money to charites for xmas than spending it buying pressies for xmas to the people that brought me ones!

ReputationRep:
    you think thats bad.

years ago i gave 1 of my mates a present for £20 and he gave me a yowie which is 75p and i no about be greatful what you get but that was being a money grabber

ReputationRep:
    sorry i dont know what you mean

how do u know ur friend spent 20 quid on u?

ReputationRep:
    I love buying pressies for people. It's great fun- an excuse to spend lots of cash in cheapo stores and during the sales.

I only ever buy bargains or already cheap items though . A little goes a long way, well, certainly with me anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    you think thats bad.

years ago i gave 1 of my mates a present for £20 and he gave me a yowie which is 75p and i no about be greatful what you get but that was being a money grabber
    lol!! 75p!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    I love buying pressies for people. It's great fun- an excuse to spend lots of cash in cheapo stores and during the sales.

I only ever buy bargains or already cheap items though . A little goes a long way, well, certainly with me anyway.
    buy bargains then sell them for more money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawrence)
    how do u know ur friend spent 20 quid on u?
    thats wot i woz askin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    lol!! 75p!!!
    the cheap bastar*

ReputationRep:
    well we always tell each other abouts what to spend!because some people cant efford it

ReputationRep:
    well we always tell each other abouts what to spend!because some people cant efford it
    wers the fun in that!

ReputationRep:
    *shakes head*

-You see, what you have to do is have a good eye for cheap stuff and bargains. Stock up in sale times etc or go to tack shops. -Basically means you can give a hell of a load of stuff for the same ammount of money.

In your case -you can make it look like you've spent the same amount when you've spent much less.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.