Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone feel that they've had enough of exams. Because with me, i have had two weeks of exams so far, and to be honest i ain't really in the mood for anymore, all my motivation has gone. And i have still two weeks more, i should be doing revision now for upcoming ones, but i really can't be bothered

ReputationRep:
    Not really. I've just had a week of 7 exams, and it is a glorious feeling being over half way done. I've done 11/20 so far, so I've kind of got into a pattern doing exams. This week I've only got 2, followed by another packed week of 6 in 4 days, followed by only 1 the next week. I actuallt find the exams quite fun, and now I know there's only a few physically demanding ones left, (History paper 2 and RS paper 2), I actually feel more motivated for the exams. Plus I'm going on holiday the day after I finish to Greece so that gives me something to aim for as well.

ReputationRep:
    Um, kind of, well not really. Aim for something, like for today, say you're gonna finish revising so and so. And maybe if you plan something with your friends, after the last exam, it will boost your motivation to head towards that date. I'm gonna go to a beach party after our last exam, and that has lighten up my two weeks ahead of me.

ReputationRep:
    Just think of it as being about halfway through your exams now, so you only have to do proper revision for another 2 weeks or so before you get a long break at the end after your exams have finished.

It'll be worth it in the long-term

ReputationRep:
    Give yourself something to look forward to or to work for. I think I understand what you mean, you're all ready to go at the beginning but then after two long weeks you can't seem to find the energy to revise...Perhaps if you told yourself you've got to do it, you've got to revise because it's the only chance you'll get...you know? Don't give up now, you've already done two weeks and there's another two or so to go...I don't know about you, but I've only got about six exams left...remember, if you give up now...when you get your exams and you're not very pleased with them, you'll blame yourself for lazing out.

Another point, perhaps it's your revision technique? Maybe you just find revising too boring to handle. When I get like that, I tell myself to start revising at, say, 2:00pm and in the meantime I listen to music, read/write, paint...just get my brain chilled and ready. Once you get into it, I'm sure you'll be all right.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropical_shine)
    Does anyone feel that they've had enough of exams. Because with me, i have had two weeks of exams so far, and to be honest i ain't really in the mood for anymore, all my motivation has gone. And i have still two weeks more, i should be doing revision now for upcoming ones, but i really can't be bothered
    yeah i totally get that too. last weekend i was really up for the exams and spent all weekend preparing for biology and geography. i had six exams last week and had already done 7 before. now i only have five left and i'm really not in the mood. i just feel like i really can't be bothered to do any more exams and i kinda wish they were all next week instead of spread out over two weeks because next weekend my motivation will be even worse.

ReputationRep:
    I am bit less motivated, as 7 exams really took its toll on me. But then I realise how much I have to learn for Science and Sociology and things and that makes me revise.

ReputationRep:
    ive just had 5 exams in one week. ive only got 5 left, and i really dont feel in the mood for revision. but im doing some for maths, which is on wednesday am. btw, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    lol yeh i too have jus thad a week of 7exams, i not taken 11/17 and completed 7 GCSES, i've only got 6 exams and 6GCSE's to go!! woohoo! this time in two weeks it'll all be over and i'll probably have a hangover, lol!

and the exams i've got left i really need to revise for (except graphics, lol), but at least i've got only two exams next week, then 4 booo! then its done!

ReputationRep:
    im just thinkin of the feeling, when we've finally finished all of our gcse's!! No more exams, no more hours on end coursework the night before!!! I can't wait!
    wot is everyone doing to celebrate?!

ReputationRep:
    tell yourself that you will work hard now and when it finishes, you'll be able to do whatever you want. it's worth it to work your head off now. you'll feel so satisfied at the end of it. think about it, only two weeks left.

ReputationRep:
    a mate at skool is having a party on friday 24th night, then my other mate girlf is having one on the saturday, then i've got sunday (when i should b at church) to recover, before work experience on monday morning, lol! also i've got 4drayton manor unlimited use passes, so no doubt me and some mates will be there a lot ovr the summer

ReputationRep:
    This might sound really stupid, but my 16th birthday is on the 21st of August, so I'm going to get a bouncy castle after collecting my results on the the 25th for a combination birthday/results celebration.

ReputationRep:
    Last week i had 9 exams in 4 days, luckily i've only got 5 in 2 days next week , but i just can't revise at the moment. I've got the school prom in 2 weeks, after my last exam. What are you doing to celebrate?

ReputationRep:
    when it all finishes, i'm gonna have a massive BBQ and you're all invited!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherunsaway)
    This might sound really stupid, but my 16th birthday is on the 21st of August, so I'm going to get a bouncy castle after collecting my results on the the 25th for a combination birthday/results celebration.
    lol thats wicked!! my mate had a bouncy castle at his 18th, can i come pleeeeease!?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icecreamman)
    when it all finishes, i'm gonna have a massive BBQ and you're all invited!
    cool, where dya live lemme buy my train ticket now!

ReputationRep:
    damn! i need to sort out sumit!
    is anyone going on holiday dis summer?! or is everyone stayin in England?

ReputationRep:
    I am going on tour to Germany with a local band, but am not going on holiday with my family. My mum and I are thinking of what to do on the 23rd, as my last exam is the 22nd. I just can't wait, although I won't know what to do with myself. 10 days until they're over wooo!

ReputationRep:
    I'm really sick of everything too; I'm tired of worrying and don't have the stength or concern to revise as much as I did a few weeks ago.

My friend is having a bunch of us over to her house the night of our last exam, which is something to look forward to. Plus, the 6th Harry Potter book is out a few weeks after the exams (the highlight of my YEAR!) which keeps my spirits up.

My advice would be to say to yourself "Which do I want right now: a few crappy weeks more of revision so I can feel satisfied for the rest of my life with my results, or to sit around and be lazy, yet happy, for a few weeks, and be disappointed and kicking myself for years to come?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.