Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i went to morrisons and the cafe has a smoking area and now my clothes stink and i only had a bath last night so how many of you like smoking or smoke in general

ReputationRep:
    Smoking is disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    my parents and bf smoke
    doesnt bother me much
    unless i have a sore throat and then they dont smoke round me

smokingOTHER stuf... especialy on bus's makes me want to vomit

ReputationRep:
    Smoking isn't worth it... If that made any sense.

ReputationRep:
    I do smoke, but it's normally when I'm out clubbing (and hence drunk), and I've been smoking more during exams (a total of about one cigarette every two days). But once exams are over and I go home, I'll have to stop because it's stupid. Mmmm lung cancer.

ReputationRep:
    I will have to stop before I go to uni, because then there's no restraints at all in regard to parents etc

Though I do not think it should be banned in all public places.

ReputationRep:
    it should be banned in all enclosed public places which it will by 2008. passive smoking kills 30 people a day

ReputationRep:
    People who smoke should have enough willpower to give up and donate the millions of pounds spent per week on it (and the billions per year wasted in the NHS because of it), to people who do not die of self-inflicted diseases, i.e. those who die from hunger and poverty and do not have the CHOICES that we do.

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand smoking..... ^ and i agree Lauren18

ReputationRep:
    I dont smoke personally but I quite like the smell. I really dont mind other people smoking.

ReputationRep:
    my dad smoked like 40 a day... my doctor said he was as helathy as a new born chid... didn't believe him about his jobs cause he wasn't stressed and didn't believe him that he did smoke and drink lol.

smoking the roll ups its ALOT better than you. that was proved i think after a world war... and the amount of people dying droped. there is alot less crap in thoses that the ones you by in box's.

my mum is like 57...she has tried giving up but shes been smoking since she was 13.. and she has some serious will power. its harder than it seems.

ReputationRep:
    I just really don't like the smell.

ReputationRep:
    i hate smoking. loads of girls at my skl smoke their hearts out, and nearly all the time the toilets stinks of ****.

ReputationRep:
    it can make me feel a bit ill...but then if I'm drunk I won't say no to one.
    If I'm eating then I really don't like it.
    I agree that smoking should be banned in places of food....but in pubs seems a bit strange...yes fine no smoking at the bar but totally banning smoking in inclosed places seems extreme. The Govt get tax from tobacco and drink...they go hand in hand in a pub...they will be losing money.

ReputationRep:
    pubs in ireland allready are
    wheterspoons is banning soon i think

ReputationRep:
    It's already banned in at least one whetherspoons in Bristol.
    With it being a family place at times and serving food it should be banned anyway.

ReputationRep:
    in the ones by me you cnt smoke in the eating area
    but there are smoking sections

just drinking pubs tho its a bit cruel to totaly ban it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't smoke but don't mind if people around me smoke as long as they are outside. Indoors, I can get a bit annoyed if I end up smelling like smoke but quite honstly, I don't care enough to try and make them stop.

ReputationRep:
    People who smoke should have enough willpower to give up and donate the millions of pounds spent per week on it (and the billions per year wasted in the NHS because of it), to people who do not die of self-inflicted diseases, i.e. those who die from hunger and poverty and do not have the CHOICES that we do.
    If someone gives up then they become a non-smoker, in which case they wouldn't have to pay guilt money to others, anymore than other non-smokers do. I don't think we should be punishing people for giving up smoking.

ReputationRep:
    *lights up in thread*

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.