*coughs* Izzy! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feefifofum)
    *coughs* Izzy! :mad:
    *offers round spliff* :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    hate it.

Hate the smell, hate the effects, and hate it when people don't respect no-smoking signs, or the fact that not everybody likes breathing in smoke.
    *bristles*

not all smokers are completely insensitive... i'd consider myself considerate of other people to be honest... but there are ******s out there who light up in front of kids etc...

ReputationRep:
    hate it.

Hate the smell, hate the effects, and hate it when people don't respect no-smoking signs, or the fact that not everybody likes breathing in smoke.
    Amen to that

Naughty Izzy! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    If people want to kill themselves slowly and painfully that is fine by me. But I really dislike it being forced on others who have to breathe it in. Why should we have to suffer it? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I hate the smell and the way you always have to wash your clothes when you've been out to the pub. It was my university ball last night and my dinner suit absolutely stinks this morning. I have to get it dry cleaned.

ReputationRep:
    I'm no fan, but aslong as it affects no one they can do whatever, ntw what happened to the <1000 thread? It's been closed again

ReputationRep:
    All my family smoke except me.
    Hearing them hack up tar in the morning is enough to put anyone off.
    kinda used to the smell by now the whole house stinks of it, but it really stings my eyes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    If people want to kill themselves slowly and painfully that is fine by me. But I really dislike it being forced on others who have to breathe it in. Why should we have to suffer it? :mad:
    I agree... and I also suggest that not ALL smokers get labelled under 'inconsiderate killers' as well! Most of my mates and myself don't smoke in resturantes, even in the smoking area, as there are usually kids in there (talk about irresponsible parents!) and if i'm in the street, I try and keep my smoke to myself...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commander V)
    >1000
    You don't know just how much of a freudian slip that was :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owain)
    All my family smoke except me.
    Hearing them hack up tar in the morning is enough to put anyone off.
    kinda used to the smell by now the whole house stinks of it, but it really stings my eyes
    Yeh, same here. So I like the smell because it reminds me of being safe. Which is kinda ironic.

Although my family dont smoke in the house. They go outside.

ReputationRep:
    damn wrong sign, anyway, the government make a whole lot of mony of smokers from the tax

ReputationRep:
    not all smokers are, I know. I just hate the people who are inconsiderate.
    fair enough...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren18)
    People who smoke should have enough willpower to give up and donate the millions of pounds spent per week on it (and the billions per year wasted in the NHS because of it), to people who do not die of self-inflicted diseases, i.e. those who die from hunger and poverty and do not have the CHOICES that we do.
    That is a rather stupid thing to say. I think that you'd find one of the largest incentives to stop smoking is the extra disposable income. My mum spends around £3000 a year on cigarettes.

Do you donate £3000 a year to charity because you don't smoke?

ReputationRep:
    my dad's cigarette ash caused his house to nearly burn down. i think the fire in general made him realise how awful smoking is.
    with regards to what someone said on the other page about the roll ups being safer...dont the normal cigarettes at least have filters in making them safer? or am i jst making things up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy_hattie)
    I agree... and I also suggest that not ALL smokers get labelled under 'inconsiderate killers' as well! Most of my mates and myself don't smoke in resturantes, even in the smoking area, as there are usually kids in there (talk about irresponsible parents!) and if i'm in the street, I try and keep my smoke to myself...
    I dont think I said all smokers were. Well apart from to themselves. I said I was annoyed by those that were inconsiderate. On a passing point you really should give up Izzy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    I dont think I said all smokers were. Well apart from to themselves. I said I was annoyed by those that were inconsiderate. On a passing point you really should give up Izzy.
    i know, but it really doesn't bother me at this point. I'm planning on quitting after uni... its not that big a deal...

but thanks for your concern sweetie!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hel437)
    my dad's cigarette ash caused his house to nearly burn down. i think the fire in general made him realise how awful smoking is.
    with regards to what someone said on the other page about the roll ups being safer...dont the normal cigarettes at least have filters in making them safer? or am i jst making things up?
    You can get filters for roll ups. I don't know anyone that smokes roll ups that doesn't use filters. (except spliff...but I don't class those as roll ups...they aren't cigerettes.)
    Roll ups don't smell as bad either. And if put down they don't continue to burn...they will go out...seems a bit safer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy_hattie)
    i know, but it really doesn't bother me at this point. I'm planning on quitting after uni... its not that big a deal...

but thanks for your concern sweetie!
    It may not bother you now but it probably will in the future. I can tell an older smoker a mile off just by their sagging skin and wrinkles and brown tinge *shudders*

To all smokers - please STOP! - for yours and your future families good.

ReputationRep:
    It's beyond me how people can care so little about their bodies to smoke. You'd be doing yourself less harm to set fire to your feet and slash yourself with razors every day.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.