Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was jsut wondering what is the best way to revise maths.

Any replies would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    I'd suggest that you resd about a particular topic in your GCSE Revision Guide and then practice answering questions from your testbooks and past examination papers.

ReputationRep:
    I have now covered all of the material in my revision book and am doing loads of questions to gain practise. (Past papers are good)

ReputationRep:
    thankyou

ReputationRep:
    write out your own questions and copy out notes on formulas, practice papers to get use to exam technique.

ReputationRep:
    Do practice papers, then wherever you made a mistake, go back and revise that topic. Work on your worst areas, and try to spot similar questions that they ask in past papers, make sure you can do those.

ReputationRep:
    The very best way to revise Maths is to use Past Papers. Seeing as we have done the non-calc paper already, this is what you should do:

1. Find out what was on the non-calc.
    2. Make a list of things which haven't come up.
    3. Add to that list the basic things which ALWAYS come up on calc, ie. trig, sin/cos rules, stats etc.
    4. Revise that list quickly using a revision guide.
    5. Then for the majority of the time, focus on working through the exams, as this is the most indiciative of what you will get. (Try to focus on the part of the text which you will struggle at. So if ur aiming for a A* - the questions at the end. A - maybe the questions just b4 the end, and so on. )

Devising a strategy to work through this exam is really best way through them, becuase they are aimed at such a huge spectrum of grades.

Other than that, unlike other sciences, you can't really revise, as maths is about application and experience more than knowledge gathering.

Hope that helps,

VazzyB

ReputationRep:
    The best way to revise for maths is to do it! Don't just read about it.

ReputationRep:
    i find it good to go over past exam papers you have done e.g. mock papers, and have been marked. then go over the ones you got wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I always have problems revising maths too I find it helps to find out your weak areas, then go through all the practice papers you have just doing those topics eg. if you're bad a trig, do all the trig q's, then go through again with a different topic - good luck

ReputationRep:
    Yep, practise papers are the best way to revise. You can get some off the exam board websites:

www.edexcel.org
    www.aqa.org.uk

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  3. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.