The Student Room Group

Just can't pull

Right, this is not a sob story but I seriously can't seem to get into a relationship or pull a girl. The following reocurring scienarios happen:

1) She can see that I am interested, so strings me along.

2) Its obvious that she is not interested and makes it very clear.

3) I get their number, try to organise a day to meet up but they make excuse after excuse up etc.

Yet:

1) girls seem to think I play around :s-smilie: Literally have had girls asking me who I am banging. Or taking my phone when I am not looking, trying to find out how many girls have texted me. Quite ridiculous.

2) I find it pretty easy to make friends, I am quite socialble and generally well liked. I do flirt. And I am quite an extrovert on my nightouts.

3) I go out a lot.

4) I do get complimented, many girls do say that I am a really "cool" guy.

Now this is all very demoralising. I mean, I can't hook up! Don't know what I am doing wrong, and feel really down about it. My other mates when I compare my luck with them, they find it extremely easy to meet a girl one-one....I find this hard, cos of the excuses.

Anyway how can I get around this?

Scroll to see replies

They think of you as a friend and not as a lover. Chin up.
Reply 2
You sound exactly like I did, to the very words used.

My advice is just to keep on keeping on, be a good sociable chap, hang out with your mates and be seen. Things will come your way.

How old are you btw?
Reply 3
Eldop
You sound exactly like I did, to the very words used.

My advice is just to keep on keeping on, be a good sociable chap, hang out with your mates and be seen. Things will come your way.

How old are you btw?

Try pushing.
Reply 5
Two Epitaphs
Try pushing.

Good joke.:wink:
Reply 6
Okay, I don't like to reccomend these on here as we get bad reactions, but in this case I feel that it is necessary. Buy and read the following:

The Natural Art of Seduction - Richard La Ruina

The Rules of the Game - Neil Strauss

Read, take in, understand. Perhaps then you will find ways around your scenarios, but be careful, these books can *** you up.
become a queer :-) i pull more guys before i know their name let alone give them a chance to string me along.

realistic solution....

drink more ==> your standards go down ==> pull ==> happiness (don't worry about waking up in the morning and regretting - that's the funny bit)
Reply 8
Two Epitaphs
Try pushing.

brilliant!
Reply 9
Eldop
Okay, I don't like to reccomend these on here as we get bad reactions, but in this case I feel that it is necessary. Buy and read the following:

The Natural Art of Seduction - Richard La Ruina

The Rules of the Game - Neil Strauss

Read, take in, understand. Perhaps then you will find ways around your scenarios, but be careful, these books can *** you up.

Read the game. -- not had much success with it.
Reply 11
Two Epitaphs
Try pushing.

Respect!
Reply 12
Anonymous
become a queer :-) i pull more guys before i know their name let alone give them a chance to string me along.

realistic solution....

drink more ==> your standards go down ==> pull ==> happiness (don't worry about waking up in the morning and regretting - that's the funny bit)

Even they are hard work mate, the lower standard chicks. Thats the tragedy of it all.
Reply 13
You just have to chill out not over think things and perhaps be prepared to take yourself out of your comfort zone somewhat.

I have the problem that i am pretty shy, and often freeze up when talking to women. Why? I don't know, they are just people. Some people i know think i am gay/asexual because i am so shy. I don't let it get me down though as i know it is me that is the problem, not the world.

:smile:

Do you want just casual sex or do you want to find someone special?
Reply 14
Anonymous
Read the game. -- not had much success with it.

Then read the other one?
Reply 15
This kind of happened to me. Basically got to learn to not care about trying to get a girl and think about how a girl should want you for all your good qualities. Getting a random pull is all about looks and if girls don't want me for my intelligent, witty and kind hearted nature then it's ultimately their loss.
Reply 16
Davezk
This kind of happens to me. Basically got to learn to not care about trying to get a girl and think about how a girl should want you for all your good qualities. Getting a random pull is all about looks and if girls don't want me for my intelligent, witty and kind hearted nature then it's ultimately their loss.

So have you got a girl now?
Reply 17
Strange how this thread has remained strictly male.
Reply 18
maybe your coming along to desperate and its putting them off.
Reply 19
Anonymous
So have you got a girl now?

See profile.

Quick Reply

Latest