Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    my glasses are unnatural. my clothes are unnatural. hell, my exams are unnatural. does it really matter?
    No, it just shows that the 'natural' argument against homosexuality is false; although to be fair I know that this is not your stance at all, just the stance of certain other members of the forum.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I agree Golden Maverick, a bit of both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speleo)
    No, it just shows that the 'natural' argument against homosexuality is false; although to be fair I know that this is not your stance at all, just the stance of certain other members of the forum.
    thanks i'm just arguing from both sides really. even if it's unnatural, it happens.

ReputationRep:
    thanks i'm just arguing from both sides really. even if it's unnatural, it happens.
    I know, I can see that you aren't saying that homosexuality is wrong, which is the important thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Golden Maverick)
    Who said anything about right and wrong? Not me. Anything as pleasurable as oral sex can't be wrong.
    But it's unnatural, like anal sex really, honest. :rolleyes:

The penis is designed to be inserted in the vagina not a mouth.

I don't believe in the natural argument anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I think people are arguing different meanings of nature also, I took it to mean genetics, as is normal when 'nature vs nurture' comes up.

I've not once said natural to describe either homo or heterosexuality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    The penis is designed to be inserted in the vagina not a mouth.
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    Every time I've posted that it's killed the debate :rolleyes:

EDIT: No scientists out there wanting to pick holes in my woeful manipulation of the statistics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speleo)
    The fact is we're not modifying a person to be homosexual. We're not making them gay, we're not making a gene for gayness and shoving it on the end of a chromosome. Even if society influences someone into being gay (which I don't think is the main reason - society changes, but people have always been gay), that influence is a natural thing: humans are influenced easily, and adapt accordingly. So whether it's genetic or not, I think it is natural. That's just my way of looking at it.

And if anyone actually understands my argument, I'll be very surprised, because the way I've written that is awful

ReputationRep:
    Over three hundred species display homosexual behaviour. Some gay and transexual people have the same brain anatomy as a straight person of the opposite sex. So I wouldn't agree that we are "biologically designed to be heterosexual".
    Homosexual BEHAVIOUR. Behaviour lasting weeks or days. Not around 3-7% of all animals living an exclusively homosexual lifestyle.

We were designed to eat vegetables. Eating vegetables has no correlation to emotional disorders or relationships. Eating vegetables does not increase your risk of aids or anal rippage.

Can you provide a link to the brain patterns comment you made?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    Homosexual BEHAVIOUR. Behaviour lasting weeks or days. Not around 3-7% of all animals living an exclusively homosexual lifestyle.

We were designed to eat vegetables. Eating vegetables has no correlation to emotional disorders or relationships. Eating vegetables does not increase your risk of aids or anal rippage.

Giving birth gives rise to the chance of ripping open 'down there' and also dying (the death rate of women when giving birth was shocking!). Does that mean we shouldn't give birth?

Having sex gives us the chance of getting AIDS, and one hell of a lot of other things, that mean we shouldn't have sex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    Giving birth gives rise to the chance of ripping open 'down there' and also dying (the death rate of women when giving birth was shocking!). Does that mean we shouldn't give birth?

Having sex gives us the chance of STD's, that mean we shouldn't have sex?
    i didn't want kids anyway and now i really don't. i don't care if it's unnatural anyway. *ow*.

it means we should exercise a lot more caution with sex.

ReputationRep:
    Giving birth is natural. Please do not try and say it is as natural as anal sex. And I have never said people 'should or shouldn't do anything.

ReputationRep:
    Giving birth is natural. Please do not try and say it is as natural as anal sex. And I have never said people 'should or shouldn't do anything.
    Please, we have already said that the 'natural' argument is worthless.

ReputationRep:

I don't see how and why you've introduced AIDs here.

ReputationRep:
    Giving birth is natural. Please do not try and say it is as natural as anal sex.
    Or oral sex for that matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Or oral sex for that matter.
    That's your 4th post on oral sex :p:, a mild obsession?

(Original post by veryjammy)
    But identical twins are never 100% genetically identical.
    yes, they are. any difference is largely insignificant.

Giving birth is natural. Please do not try and say it is as natural as anal sex.
    Using a branch as an anal dildo is perfectly natural - no added preservatives there. But using a glass one isn't...

How can anal sex be any less 'natural' than pregnancy. it involves putting natural bits and bobs in natural bits and bobs.

(Original post by Golden Maverick)
    Every time I've posted that it's killed the debate :rolleyes:

EDIT: No scientists out there wanting to pick holes in my woeful manipulation of the statistics?
    i recall quoting the same data as proof of involvement of nature and nurture processes.

though i would question this. Is the nurture aspect actually nurturing 'gayness' or just nurturing greater openness about said gayness.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 16, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.