Turn on thread page Beta

Nurtition requirements for height growth watch

ReputationRep:
    Allrite people
    put up all your facts n figures (or fiction even!) that you know for height growth, because see I want to grow taller this summer and m sure most of us do so please HELP! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    lol.I think it is all down to genes. However despite my parents arent quite tall(dad is 5.9 and mom is 5.8), I am quite tall(6ft). I think i just ate too much fruits, especially oragnes.lol. Perhaps you can try eating loads of oranges and tking multivitamin tablets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    how old are you?

and stop posting text speak :mad:
    what do u mean by 'text speak'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    lol.I think it is all down to genes. However despite my parents arent quite tall(dad is 5.9 and mom is 5.8), I am quite tall(6ft). I think i just ate too much fruits, especially oragnes.lol. Perhaps you can try eating loads of oranges and tking multivitamin tablets.
    N what do u think is the age for peak growth of height n prolly when does it stop! (i knw u aint a nutrionist, but I'd rather hear it from you :p: )

yeh rite, multivitamins r one thing with oranges!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StyleLover)
    I think lessthanthree may possibly mean speak used in text messages, i.e. gr8, 2moro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StyleLover)
    She means, dnt spk lyke this! u kno?

ReputationRep:
    Oh hehe!
    well I am sorry for that!
    I didn't know all this aint allowed in here Sorry I will edit it rite-oh! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Height growth is determined by genetic factors and by living in the UK you should have the adequet diet to reach your highest potential.

ReputationRep:
    Allrite guys,
    anything other than the genetic factor because, see I admit genes play a major role in height part but I want the Nutritive facts!

ReputationRep:
    One of the most important thing, or at least I heard is to get a enough sleep. Enough means you wake up by your brain's own timer, not by alarms as such.

Also stretch exercise meant to help you to get a good posture, so you appear taller.

I don't know why I'm posting though, I'm only 5'8

ReputationRep:
    Well, I didn't say tht you have to be of some specific height to post!
    Yes, sleep is another one I know..

ReputationRep:
    I eat crap (like, total junk, only recently started eating fruit again after a long period of none at all).

6ft3 going on 6ft4. My parents are both 5ft4 (I think i get it from my mums side and my granddad was about the same height as me). I honestly don't think nutrion will help you grow any taller at all.

ReputationRep:
    SO in your case, the genes are dominant!
    well nutrition does play a role in height growth
    maybe you got some built-in mechanism for gorwing tall (genes, I guess)

ReputationRep:
    Most girls have their peak growth around 12; most guys at 14-15, but this does vary a bit. In this country, final height is mostly genetically determined as we are almost universally adequately nourished; in less developed countries it's more dependent on nutrition - protein and energy (carb) deprivation are causes of stunted growth. There's not much you can do, I'm afraid

ReputationRep:
    Uh well i really dont want to do anything (in a manner of speaking!) but I'd still like to try although m not so bothered about it but stilll...

ReputationRep:
    SO in your case, the genes are dominant!
    well nutrition does play a role in height growth
    maybe you got some built-in mechanism for gorwing tall (genes, I guess)
    Apparently height growth itself is limited by the release of testosterones. That's why many eunuks are ridiculously tall.

P.S, google up for eunuk ^_^

ReputationRep:
    I don't think what you eat really affects your height that much. I eat loads and have only reached 5 foot tall at the age of 16. And i'm not growing anymore, but i don't mind as it means that i get really cheap clothes and can wear both kids and adult clothes

ReputationRep:
    It might help if you spell it eunuch

ReputationRep:
    It's eunuch, btw. And I really wouldn't suggest anyone follow their example... :eek: And I'm about 6' 2" without having eaten specific foods, so genes seem to be much more important.

So how tall are you then? I really doubt you're a midget, so there's not much point of doing anything.

ReputationRep:
    hmm...

you're right, me bad

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 12, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.