The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
lol.I think it is all down to genes. However despite my parents arent quite tall(dad is 5.9 and mom is 5.8), I am quite tall(6ft). I think i just ate too much fruits, especially oragnes.lol. Perhaps you can try eating loads of oranges and tking multivitamin tablets.
Reply 2
lessthanthree
how old are you?

and stop posting text speak :mad:

what do u mean by 'text speak'?
Reply 3
IZZY!
lol.I think it is all down to genes. However despite my parents arent quite tall(dad is 5.9 and mom is 5.8), I am quite tall(6ft). I think i just ate too much fruits, especially oragnes.lol. Perhaps you can try eating loads of oranges and tking multivitamin tablets.

N what do u think is the age for peak growth of height n prolly when does it stop! (i knw u aint a nutrionist, but I'd rather hear it from you :p: )

yeh rite, multivitamins r one thing with oranges!
Reply 4
StyleLover

I think lessthanthree may possibly mean speak used in text messages, i.e. gr8, 2moro.
StyleLover

She means, dnt spk lyke this! u kno?
Reply 6
Oh hehe!
well I am sorry for that! :smile:
I didn't know all this aint allowed in here Sorry I will edit it rite-oh! :p:
Reply 7
Height growth is determined by genetic factors and by living in the UK you should have the adequet diet to reach your highest potential.
Reply 8
Allrite guys,
anything other than the genetic factor because, see I admit genes play a major role in height part but I want the Nutritive facts!
Reply 9
One of the most important thing, or at least I heard is to get a enough sleep. Enough means you wake up by your brain's own timer, not by alarms as such.

Also stretch exercise meant to help you to get a good posture, so you appear taller.

I don't know why I'm posting though, I'm only 5'8
Reply 10
Well, I didn't say tht you have to be of some specific height to post!
Yes, sleep is another one I know..
Reply 11
I eat crap (like, total junk, only recently started eating fruit again after a long period of none at all).

6ft3 going on 6ft4. My parents are both 5ft4 (I think i get it from my mums side and my granddad was about the same height as me). I honestly don't think nutrion will help you grow any taller at all.
Reply 12
SO in your case, the genes are dominant!
well nutrition does play a role in height growth
maybe you got some built-in mechanism for gorwing tall (genes, I guess)
Reply 13
Most girls have their peak growth around 12; most guys at 14-15, but this does vary a bit. In this country, final height is mostly genetically determined as we are almost universally adequately nourished; in less developed countries it's more dependent on nutrition - protein and energy (carb) deprivation are causes of stunted growth. There's not much you can do, I'm afraid :frown:
Reply 14
Uh well i really dont want to do anything (in a manner of speaking!) but I'd still like to try although m not so bothered about it but stilll...
Reply 15
SO in your case, the genes are dominant!
well nutrition does play a role in height growth
maybe you got some built-in mechanism for gorwing tall (genes, I guess)

Apparently height growth itself is limited by the release of testosterones. That's why many eunuks are ridiculously tall.

P.S, google up for eunuk ^_^
Reply 16
I don't think what you eat really affects your height that much. I eat loads and have only reached 5 foot tall at the age of 16. And i'm not growing anymore, but i don't mind as it means that i get really cheap clothes and can wear both kids and adult clothes :biggrin:
Reply 17
It might help if you spell it eunuch
Reply 18
It's eunuch, btw. And I really wouldn't suggest anyone follow their example... :eek: And I'm about 6' 2" without having eaten specific foods, so genes seem to be much more important.

So how tall are you then? I really doubt you're a midget, so there's not much point of doing anything.
Reply 19
hmm...

you're right, me bad :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending