Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to do the questions you have been taught?? Cause from looking at past papers there are a few questions I could answer which we haven't learnt anything in class for,

ReputationRep:
    which board do you do?
    Cus if it's AQA on teh human paper you do 3 of the six questions (one in each section) it explains it on the front of the paper

ReputationRep:
    my teacher said we don't have to do the ones we were taught, but we'd be stupid to do something we haven't learnt. I you have learnt something you weren't taught, and find it easier, I don't see why you shouldn't do it. your teachers not gonna see your exam paper, although its probably best to stick which what you were taught. hope what i just wrote makes sense lol!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i know someone who did one of the topics that wed never learnt on the first geog paper, maybe hell do well but i cant help thinking that was really stupid

ReputationRep:
    gcse aqa is easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marvi)
    my teacher said we don't have to do the ones we were taught, but we'd be stupid to do something we haven't learnt. I you have learnt something you weren't taught, and find it easier, I don't see why you shouldn't do it. your teachers not gonna see your exam paper, although its probably best to stick which what you were taught. hope what i just wrote makes sense lol!
    There is always someone who tries to do all 6 questions on the paper and then comes out in a fluster saying "I barely did two thirds of the paper" - the lesson, always read the front cover instructions on the paper!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Lol I do AQA just know that I could prob do the popluation question instead of settlement just see which i prefer when it comes down to it.

ReputationRep:
    Of course you could.

ReputationRep:
    Just a piece of advice if you're thinking of doing a topic you haven't studied for because looking at the questions you can do it... I would strongly advise against this, people have tried it but without studying it in class it is unlikely you will know the facts and have the case studies ect. that they are looking for in particular. You may think it looks easy but when it comes down to it you may well regret it.

ReputationRep:
    I won't be doing it myself, but as long as the individual has revised it throughly at home, and learnt the content, it should be fine me thinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    I won't be doing it myself, but as long as the individual has revised it throughly at home, and learnt the content, it should be fine me thinks.
    From what i've found most revision books and even textbooks don't really go into enough detail and rarely give the range of case studies needed for an A*. But I suppsoe if you are really determined then there is nothing to stop you, but i can't really see the point.

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit werid I'm sure we've done some of the stuff before for it but we've been told which questions to answer. Just see what it's like when I get the paper and prob end up doing the one we should be doing just curious though.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a great revision guide for the syllabus Geography AQA Specification A. Although refer to book sometimes because of different case studies etc.

ReputationRep:
    I kind of depend on Revision Guides and Text Books to learn the syllabus throughout my subjects! Some of my teachers are a bit, um, lacking in talent...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by button16)
    Do you have to do the questions you have been taught??
    It is most advisable

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.