The Student Room Group

6 month anniversary ideas?

My boyfriend and I want to do something nice for our 6 month anniversary next wednesday...we're up for spending about £20 each (not including dinner, we usually go somewhere nice with an offer off toptable, but if anyone has any dinner related ideas then please do share!) and live in London, ideas? Thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Why? Months isn't an anniversary, years is :?
I really don't get these every month anniversary's. Go KFC. :yy:
Gotta admit 6mnths isn't really a biggie and you are probably gonna get some pretty cheeky posts for this thread, i warn you now...

but anyway me and my boyfriend went to sea life centre then a subway in the park for 12mnths :biggrin: haha it was awesome. But I understand that won't suit everyone (if anyone) so why not just cinema then meal? if you want it to be 'special' it really needs to be something that interests you both (or him if u wanna surprise him) so I can't really advise! Have a think about his hobbies etc
vodka ice bar? if your old enough obv
Reply 5
How about your presents have to be homemade or be related to some memory you have of your time together.
half a year is not an anniversary!
agree with all the people saying 6 months is a)not an anniversary and b)not really a big deal.

I always thought 6 months was pretty much a 'watch a film with a takeaway and say "we've been going out 6 months today"' kind of affair
I hate it when people celebrate monthly anniversaries.
God, time flies so fast. Last time I saw you, you were all single and stuffs! :sad:
Erm, DVD/CD (you could even make up a CD of 'Your songs'), or maybe a gift that's something he likes (like a hamper you've made up if he likes cooking :dontknow:)

Jess x
6-month is the cut-point where my best friend told me a relationship becomes 'long-term' and 'serious' :rolleye:

I'm not too sure about that to be honest. I don't think it's worth celebrating really. Just acknowledge it and do a date?
Reply 11
Ignore the people being mardass about 6 months, your appreciating time together. Me and my boyfriend do something 'nice' on each month - 2 year anniversairy tomorrow! :smile:!

Just try and do something that interests you both, if he was a big watersports fan, try and do something like that for the day and then go and enjoy a lovely meal later. :smile:. Things like that, or as someone else suggested, do the 'home made' presents idea. Thoughtful and sentimental gifts are lovely :love:

Hope you have a lovely day together anyways!
Reply 12
Jesus, ok, wasn't expecting all that, maybe should've explained properly. Yeah...we get that a) it's not an anniversary (maybe technically a demianniversary?) and b) isn't a massive deal (although seeing as how most of our friends manage to keep relationships up for two weeks max it could be seen as a somewhat significant milestone).

We're just using it as an excuse to go out on a nice date (since we normally don't do 'dates' and just hang out) and aren't viewing it as an 'exchange gifts' type of event. So yeah, lets start again, any nice date ideas?
Reply 13
LadyJaneGrey
Yeah...we get that a) it's not an anniversary (maybe technically a demianniversary?)
Sixth mensiversary :wink:

LadyJaneGrey
We're just using it as an excuse to go out on a nice date (since we normally don't do 'dates' and just hang out). It's not an 'exchange gifts' type of event. So yeah, lets start again, any nice date ideas?

Step 1. Meal out
Step 2. Drinks
Step 3. ????
Step 4. PROFIT!
Reply 14
nuodai
Sixth mensiversary :wink:

Step 1. Meal out
Step 2. Drinks
Step 3. ????
Step 4. PROFIT!

Yes, step 1,2 & 4 are assumed, I wanted something nice for 3 :p:
Reply 15
LadyJaneGrey

You live in London, how on earth can you be short of things to do?
Reply 16
nuodai
You live in London, how on earth can you be short of things to do?

Lol, because we're unoriginal. Plays/jazz have been done (he's a musician) as has ice bar trippage.
LadyJaneGrey

Invite him up for some hot coffee?
Cook some nice Indian food like Chicken Tikka Masala and then invite me for dinner.
Reply 19
wingsuit proximity flying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending