Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was advised to do a post garduate MSc in Finance for City University. I had a 2:2 honours. hence, it was not easy to apply to apply for the better universities.
    How is City University for a Finance MSc and is there any other universities you guys can recommend for 2:2 honours?
    Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    City is, probably, one of the best UK Universities in Finance, however I do not think they will accept you with 2:2
    They require at least 2:1 and still it is difficult to get in. Teaching there is also so hard - studying from 6am to midnight every day just to get pass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katerina)
    City is, probably, one of the best UK Universities in Finance, however I do not think they will accept you with 2:2
    They require at least 2:1 and still it is difficult to get in. Teaching there is also so hard - studying from 6am to midnight every day just to get pass.

NAhhhhh that's bull. As for your 2:2....weeelll, probably depends on where it's from too. City maaaaay give you a chance if it's from somewhere that sounds 'fairly impressive' to them. As for the Finance degree itself, it's full of very 'average' students, and I use the term kindly here. To say it's the best, or one of the best degrees in Finance is to believe the propoganda of the university. Basically, City wants to make money, (as does any other institution) but....City JUST wants to make money. Lots of semi-literate international students, pretty buildings, more style than substance. With a 2:2 apply to uni's typically found in the middle of saayyy...the Times league table, I'd suggest Aston, not sure about UMIST (i.e. that's perhaps pushing it) oh and Univ. of Lesta will let you in. Get an excellent reference, maybe some explanation as to why it's not a 2:1.

Best of Luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.S.)
    NAhhhhh that's bull. As for your 2:2....weeelll, probably depends on where it's from too. City maaaaay give you a chance if it's from somewhere that sounds 'fairly impressive' to them. As for the Finance degree itself, it's full of very 'average' students, and I use the term kindly here. To say it's the best, or one of the best degrees in Finance is to believe the propoganda of the university. Basically, City wants to make money, (as does any other institution) but....City JUST wants to make money. Lots of semi-literate international students, pretty buildings, more style than substance. With a 2:2 apply to uni's typically found in the middle of saayyy...the Times league table, I'd suggest Aston, not sure about UMIST (i.e. that's perhaps pushing it) oh and Univ. of Lesta will let you in. Get an excellent reference, maybe some explanation as to why it's not a 2:1.

Best of Luck
    Well, I have not studied MSc in City myself (so I can not really judge) but I know that those finished City can find the work immediately. Even those who require work permit. Apart from that - City University is London...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katerina)
    Well, I have not studied MSc in City myself (so I can not really judge) but I know that those finished City can find the work immediately. Even those who require work permit. Apart from that - City University is London...

No, they cannot find work immediately. It's in London though, yes

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.