Post Graduate in City University? Watch

This discussion is closed.
yuenhwee
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I was advised to do a post garduate MSc in Finance for City University. I had a 2:2 honours. hence, it was not easy to apply to apply for the better universities.
How is City University for a Finance MSc and is there any other universities you guys can recommend for 2:2 honours?
Cheers!
Katerina
Report 15 years ago
City is, probably, one of the best UK Universities in Finance, however I do not think they will accept you with 2:2
They require at least 2:1 and still it is difficult to get in. Teaching there is also so hard - studying from 6am to midnight every day just to get pass.
J.S.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Katerina)
City is, probably, one of the best UK Universities in Finance, however I do not think they will accept you with 2:2
They require at least 2:1 and still it is difficult to get in. Teaching there is also so hard - studying from 6am to midnight every day just to get pass.

NAhhhhh that's bull. As for your 2:2....weeelll, probably depends on where it's from too. City maaaaay give you a chance if it's from somewhere that sounds 'fairly impressive' to them. As for the Finance degree itself, it's full of very 'average' students, and I use the term kindly here. To say it's the best, or one of the best degrees in Finance is to believe the propoganda of the university. Basically, City wants to make money, (as does any other institution) but....City JUST wants to make money. Lots of semi-literate international students, pretty buildings, more style than substance. With a 2:2 apply to uni's typically found in the middle of saayyy...the Times league table, I'd suggest Aston, not sure about UMIST (i.e. that's perhaps pushing it) oh and Univ. of Lesta will let you in. Get an excellent reference, maybe some explanation as to why it's not a 2:1.

Best of Luck
Katerina
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by J.S.)
NAhhhhh that's bull. As for your 2:2....weeelll, probably depends on where it's from too. City maaaaay give you a chance if it's from somewhere that sounds 'fairly impressive' to them. As for the Finance degree itself, it's full of very 'average' students, and I use the term kindly here. To say it's the best, or one of the best degrees in Finance is to believe the propoganda of the university. Basically, City wants to make money, (as does any other institution) but....City JUST wants to make money. Lots of semi-literate international students, pretty buildings, more style than substance. With a 2:2 apply to uni's typically found in the middle of saayyy...the Times league table, I'd suggest Aston, not sure about UMIST (i.e. that's perhaps pushing it) oh and Univ. of Lesta will let you in. Get an excellent reference, maybe some explanation as to why it's not a 2:1.

Best of Luck
Well, I have not studied MSc in City myself (so I can not really judge) but I know that those finished City can find the work immediately. Even those who require work permit. Apart from that - City University is London...
J.S.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Katerina)
Well, I have not studied MSc in City myself (so I can not really judge) but I know that those finished City can find the work immediately. Even those who require work permit. Apart from that - City University is London...

No, they cannot find work immediately. It's in London though, yes
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (135)
18.42%
No (445)
60.71%
Not really bothered about them (153)
20.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise