The Student Room Group
sassy_j
I still dont know whether i should live on campus or not

Somedays i think i will, then the next day i change my mind.

Durham has given me an offer and they want me to go to an open day where they want me to stay for one night just to see what it is like. If you get a chance like that maybe you should take it :biggrin:?
Reply 2
yeah, that might be a good idea actually
Reply 3
I started uni this year, and a friend of mine lives at home and commutes to Leicester every day. I tried perduading him, as you just miss out on about 75% of the goings on. Live on campus :wink:
Reply 4
jammyd
I started uni this year, and a friend of mine lives at home and commutes to Leicester every day. I tried perduading him, as you just miss out on about 75% of the goings on. Live on campus :wink:

Definately live on campus. Have some freedom. You make some really close friends when you do, not only those you live with, but those on your course as well, as you can just go to the bar or something, without having to come all the way back to uni from home.
Reply 5
sassy........ i hope you are listening to chicken :biggrin:
Reply 6
jammyd
sassy........ i hope you are listening to chicken :biggrin:

Indeed. Now I've been at uni a term (well nearly, got one week left) I don't really wanna go home again for a whole month. I've been home once since I got here, and that was only as I had a long weekend for reading week, and so as my housemates were going home, i went too. I was only there for 4 days and i got so annoyed with being fussed over every minute, or having arguements with my parents, that it made me glad to come back here!
Reply 7
i am listening to him!

i do want to live on campus, my mum and dad dont want me to tho.

I think il live there for the first year, then i can always come back cant i?

But hwat if i dont make any friends?

Do you get mixed accomadation, ie girls and guys, or is it all single sex rooms?
Reply 8
sassy_j
i am listening to him!

i do want to live on campus, my mum and dad dont want me to tho.

I think il live there for the first year, then i can always come back cant i?

But hwat if i dont make any friends?

Do you get mixed accomadation, ie girls and guys, or is it all single sex rooms?

Its not really my business, but you will be 18 when u go to uni - old enough to make a decision like that.

It depends on how far away uni is from home. I for example couldnt have a 3 1/2 hour commute every day!

everyone makes at least one friend. there might even be someone from your school. unis have measures in place to make sure that everyone gets on.

probably about 90% of acommodation is mixed, but often blocks or floors are single sex, which is a bit crap really. the ground floor is often blokes only. if u get a double room, which id say would be rare - it would most definitely be single sex

hope that helps!

Latest

Trending

Trending