Turn on thread page Beta

Anime society - Licensed anime watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gaming_goddess)
    Also if u buy them u get the nice box - trailer for other shows and sumtyms a super funky audio commetary which are always cool! Also if u have people round and u go here's my anime collection and point to ur PC they wud be like oh rite but if u have them all in physical boxes u can go - heres my anime collections and they can go wow - geek u got loads lol
    As I've said, I buy when and where and what I can, but a lot of what I watch I am seeing as it's released (and pre-license) so I can't yet purchase them.

As you say, it's nice to have the proper DVDs and be able to watch them on the TV...although having said that WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THE AMERICAN COMPANIES SUB-FONT?! *rants* For some reason, all of the anime I've bought so far have used this awful rigid yellow font that can be really hard to read. It's so frustrating, having just paid £15 for a DVD, to find you have to squint at the screen to know what's being said. I wish they'd take a look at sub-group releases and see how much more effective their fonts are. Grah!

(Original post by gaming_goddess)
    :P so anyone having any all nite anime sesses in the near future. Any1 at uni who already does? Just curious bout wot u watch. I'm gonna spend a wholke evening watching evangelion in the summmer
    Hmmm...well, because I tend to watch mainly series that release episodes on a weekly basis, there isn't much need for nightly watches. Having said that, sometimes I'll pick out an old favourite (I think I've seen Fruits Basket and Scrapped Princess in excess) and watch solidly all day and night :P
    I think the only time I've done that with a new series is with the Gravitation DVDs that my sister borrowed off a friend.

ReputationRep:
    I was banned from my compuer for 6 months once, and you can just iamgine the amount of anime i had to catch up on, over 80 episodes of naruto (I was behind to begin with) and i managed it in 3 days )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UpliftMof0)
    I was banned from my compuer for 6 months once, and you can just iamgine the amount of anime i had to catch up on, over 80 episodes of naruto (I was behind to begin with) and i managed it in 3 days )
    Blimey!

What did you do to be banned from your computer in the first place? *raised eyebrow*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UpliftMof0)
    I downloaded and watched 130 episodes of PoT in 5 days, it is quite intensive watching really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juueru_chou)
    I downloaded and watched 130 episodes of PoT in 5 days, it is quite intensive watching really.
    *chortle* This is turning into a macho 'who can download and watch as much anime in the shortest time period' match. Battling for pride of the otaku ey?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    *chortle* This is turning into a macho 'who can download and watch as much anime in the shortest time period' match. Battling for pride of the otaku ey?

Not at all, although, I managed to get through Naruto and one piece quite quickly as well.

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by Egan1
    totally i won't deny it! I'm gonna try and watch the whole of Eva straight followed the whole of lain followed by the whole of excel saga - no breaks!

Me and b.f. are having a week non-stop gaming! I'm gonna see if i can beat my record on kingdom hearts of 4days to complete and see if i can earn the Dante Must Die! mode on DMC

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.