Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone doing Nuffield Business Studies & Economics? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

My name is Rudy. I'm new to this site, but have been reading loads of the comments being posted over the last week and find a few quite useful and very funny (and the rest quite random).

I just wanted to ask if anyone else is doing the Nuffield Business Studies and Economics problem solving paper on friday???

Thanks loads, and I hope everyone's exams go really well!!!

Rudy

ReputationRep:
    I am!

Although I haven't started revising yet. :eek:

I blame it on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Woo hoo!!! lol it seems that you're the only one. well good luk in it. my teacher said that they usually get the sources from what is going on in the news when they are writing it. sooooo lol i think there might be stuff on the budget, maybe even G8 (actually, that will probably be 2006/7 paper), ermmm stuff about housing prices too. Anyone else got any ideas??? Thankx

Rudy!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.

Generally the sources aren't that important, should be easy enough to interpret them (although if you can guess at them, you can hopefully determine what theory you will need).
    I'm going to be concentrating on learning the core stuff mainly and hoping I can think of enough points to make in the exam!

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Kewl advice there, can i just say that i thort a lot more people did Nuffield isnt it like part of Edexcel or sommit lololol! well i suppose thats it. can i ask sommit, what does a gcse in systems and control involve. i have never heard of it before lol!!

Laterz,

Rudy

ReputationRep:
    Yup the exam board is Edexcel.

As far as systems and control goes, it depends on the course options chosen by the school. Ours is electronics based.

As with most other technology subjects, its 60% coursework which revolves around your major project. (Basically you design and make something electronic).
    The specification is here if you're interested!

ReputationRep:
    hhahhaha that is wkd!!! we just call it electronics here lol! thankx!! yeh, im doing (or should i say done - yeh....wierd how everything goes soo fast) art, so that's wot it was like for me. well, good luck, and good night. i'll see u later

Rudy!

ReputationRep:
    A few of my friends are... apparently nobody has any idea about this exam outside of school. No revision guides exist etc.

Is it a new syllabus?

ReputationRep:
    No, not really, it isn't really a new syllabus, it has been going on for years. That is sooo wierd, i really did think that loads and loads of peeps would do it. the syllabus is very good, challanging and even sometimes interesting. i'm not a big fan, but still its a little strange.

That is true about no revision guides, only basic information about it and a crappy site which the specimen papers do not really give you any ideas. We do work out of this text book, yet its quite limited really.

unfortunately, i have to teach myself the stuff - my teacher for some insane reason doesnt give advice or help that easily and when she does its quite irrevelent. so, i got to find a way of answering those beasty 14 mark questions hahahaha lol. i hope there are more peeps out there gonna do this exam.

Thankx, and good luck to everyone,

Rudy!

ReputationRep:
    Nope the syllabus isn't particularly new.

Basically it's Edexcels joint specification in Business Studies AND Economics.

The revision guide I have (Letts) isn't too bad for the core stuff, which is all you need to know really.

ReputationRep:
    If it's Edexcel, why's it called Nuffield BP? Is Nuffield another exam board?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.necb.org/

ReputationRep:
    What is 'Nuffield'? Are they the company who sets the syllabus?

ReputationRep:
    They are the people who have designed the syllabus, which is examined through Edexcel. (AFAIK).

ReputationRep:
    Right, that's pretty interesting! Kewl!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.