Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do you get a choice of 2 questions for each chapter? And is it true you can choose between the medical issues and science section? So you do one of the other?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by londongirl)
    Do you get a choice of 2 questions for each chapter? And is it true you can choose between the medical issues and science section? So you do one of the other?
    im doing r.s short course too on tuesday, but wot board r u doing and what spec? coz i dont think im doin the same. go to the exam board site, n then find the one your doing and u can download some papers, have a look inside them to find out.

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing edexcel. my internet's being really slow in downloading files today so i tried to do that but the pdfs wouldn't load. i'll try again in a minute, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever exam board it is you'll always get questions that you CHOOSE to answer, theres like 10 different topics.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing AQA, could someone tell me what I'm suposed to know? I'm clueless.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing AQA, and I also have an RS exam on Tuesday, but it is the second paper for a Full Course GCSE exam, so it may be slightly ifferent. I am slightly scared to tell you what I'm doing in case it is a different spec and you've been taught different material. The best thing to do is to either talk to your teacher or go to the AQA website and have a look for the specification. If, however, it is a specific topic you need help with then post back and I'll do my best to help you.

ReputationRep:
    we did the edexcel rs short course exam, dunno what spec though. we had to choose the questions.

ReputationRep:
    I'm also doing AQA Short Course.

For anyone interested, this was last years paper:

Clicky!

The mark scheme:

Clicky!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know a good revision site for AQA short course?

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    Does anyone have any more past papers?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    man .. i dont know what spec im doing.. i think its AQA but god knows

someone help!!! lol

ReputationRep:
    I do have past papers. I'lltry to type quickly and post some questions on here for you:

Contemporary Issues [1998]
    Explain the difference between prejudice and discrimination
    Briefly outline Peter's vision about cleanand unclean food
    What does Peter's vision teach Christians today?
    What is pacifism?
    Explain the term ''non-violent protest'', using one example
    ''Jesus didn't teach anything about Pacifms''. Evaluate
    Explain why some Christians are in favour of Euthanasia being legalised
    ''The Bible dosen't say Euthanasia is wrong, so it must be right''. Evaluate
    Explain why a Christian might agree to fight in War
    What does it mean to ''turn the other cheak''?
    How might a war bring out the best and worst in a Christian?
    ''Violence only leads to more violence'' evaluate
    Explain why many developing countries are in debt to countries like Great Britain
    What did Jesus teach people about wealth
    What was the attitude of the first Christians towards the poor? Use a Bible passage in your answer
    State 2 aims of punishment and explain each
    Explain Jesus' attitude towards punishment and forgiveness
    What help could a Christian give to someone in prison?
    ''Christians would never agree with Capital Punishment''. Evaluate
    Why are many Christians concerned about conservation?
    Explain what a Christian teenager could do to help protect the earth for future generations
    ''If God is so powerful then he should protect the world''. After all, he made it''. Evaluate

If you need more then I'll send them to you via email as I have them all as word documents.

ReputationRep:
    Could someone please let me know what I need to know from the BBC bitesize site for short AQA? Do we have to know all of it?!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, people actually revised for their S.C. RS?

I thought I did very well just going on my general knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for those Jamie and . One question, anybody doing the AQA Short Course...that past paper that Jamie has got a link to, is it just me or have your teachers not covered some of those topics with you? I mean, I understand that Buddism/Islam/Judaism doesn't apply to what we've been taught because we've only done Christianity...but we've never learnt about Agape and Philia love at our school, so they won't question us on that, will they? Assuming that the teachers at our school weren't being evil and stupid to make us fail on purpose...

ReputationRep:
    Arghh, I still don't know what to revise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funkymonk)
    but we've never learnt about Agape and Philia love at our school, so they won't question us on that, will they? Assuming that the teachers at our school weren't being evil and stupid to make us fail on purpose...

You haven't learnt about the different types of love? :eek:

As far as revision goes, I suggest you just revise the main bible passages and learn the basic parables (parable of lost son, good samaritan etc.).

Our school made us revision guides with the key quotes and ideas in, so I'll be looking through that and wondering how the hell I'm going to answer the obscure questions in section A of the paper. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by londongirl)
    i'm doing edexcel. my internet's being really slow in downloading files today so i tried to do that but the pdfs wouldn't load. i'll try again in a minute, thanks.
    Yeah we get 5 topics on Edexcel [Unit H 5575]:
    1) Religion and Social Responsibility
    2) Religion and the Environment
    3) Religion and Peace and Conflict
    4) Religion and Crime and Punishment
    5) Religion and Medical Issues/Science

If this is 100% terminal examination [Unit H - Christianity + one other religion]you're doing, you get 2 questions per topic listed above, of which you pick one to do. With topic 5, at school you either studied "Medical Issues", or "Science" [or both perhaps!]. You pick one of these to answer, and you are advised to spend 30 minutes doing it. You get 3 marks here for your QoWC.

Hope this helped!
    Simon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie.)
    You haven't learnt about the different types of love? :eek:

As far as revision goes, I suggest you just revise the main bible passages and learn the basic parables (parable of lost son, good samaritan etc.).

Our school made us revision guides with the key quotes and ideas in, so I'll be looking through that and wondering how the hell I'm going to answer the obscure questions in section A of the paper. :confused:
    Nope, we've never done the different types of love and now I'm thinking that's not such a good thing... Well, I have my loyal CGP guide which will surely have the different types.

I know all the passages quite well so that'll be okay. As for Section A...what sort of questions does that include? Like those evaluating questions, right?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.