Turn on thread page Beta

im going to a funeral tomorrow watch

ReputationRep:
    ive never been to one before. its someone from my dads side of the family, it should be really interesting because ive never met most of my family so im really looking forward to it....even tho someone has died.

you're looking forward to a funeral?

ReputationRep:
    You gotta love the optism!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, you won't enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    they're sad and kinda weird. it's like "theres a dead person in that box!!". i dont like dead things so it freaked me out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    you're looking forward to a funeral?
    ive never met most of my family so yes

ReputationRep:
    urg last funeral i went to was my grandads... about 200 people showed up.... my nan was a tiny bit upset but the ONLY genuinely upset person was my dad....i hate funerals....

most people will just get drunk at the after party

ReputationRep:
    why have you changed accounts btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza)
    why have you changed accounts btw?
    because me post count got to high

(Original post by co co)
    ive never met most of my family so yes
    ahh....well,it is a happy time
    good luck

(Original post by co co)
    because me post count got to high
    and? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I've been to two funerals. The first was two years ago, that was my grandmothers. It was really sad, but I didn't cry. I felt really guilty for that, but I still really missed her. It was also horrible to see my dad crying with his sisters and my grandad, as I sat next to my crying cousins. The second was about a year ago, it was my great aunt's. I'd only met her a couple of times, but I told my parents I wanted to go to her funeral because she left me a lot of money to study medicine at uni- so that was my way of saying thanks as I never got the chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    I've been to two funerals. The first was two years ago, that was my grandmothers. It was really sad, but I didn't cry. I felt really guilty for that, but I still really missed her. It was also horrible to see my dad crying with his sisters and my grandad, as I sat next to my crying cousins. The second was about a year ago, it was my great aunt's. I'd only met her a couple of times, but I told my parents I wanted to go to her funeral because she left me a lot of money to study medicine at uni- so that was my way of saying thanks as I never got the chance.
    i dont think i have ever met any of my family apart from my dads sister and some family came for my christening but that doesnt count.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by co co)
    i dont think i have ever met any of my family apart from my dads sister and some family came for my christening but that doesnt count.
    :eek: you serious? Cousins, aunts etc?

ReputationRep:
    i have an aunt who lives in sydmoth, and a cousin, i used to have two but one died in a motor bike crash, i never really remembered him. and all the rest of my mums family live in manchester and my dads family dont really talk to us or keep in contact because of my mum.

i share your amazement :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by co co)
    i have an aunt who lives in sydmoth, and a cousin, i used to have two but one died in a motor bike crash, i never really remembered him. and all the rest of my mums family live in manchester and my dads family dont really talk to us or keep in contact because of my mum.
    Wow, that just surprises me. I have twelve cousins- only one of them I've never seen because he's five and lives in Canada, but the rest I meet up with like three times a year. It is tricky when they live miles away though.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that just surprises me. I have twelve cousins- only one of them I've never seen because he's five and lives in Canada, but the rest I meet up with like three times a year. It is tricky when they live miles away though.
    yeah i know i hate it that i havent met any of them before, cos everyone always goes on about going out with their cousines and family etc

ReputationRep:
    also i had nothing to wear so i had to buy some shoes and a skirt. but the shoes are so pretty

ReputationRep:
    Thats mad, i only have cosins on my mums side (dads just has the one brother, who never had kids)
    - But my mums eldest of 5, and so i have 10cosins, 8aunts/uncals on that side, 10 of the cosin i see most them regularly. (serveral weeks a year each, and a week alltogether) - 2 of them live in america however, so ive only seen them a little bit. they came to one of the get-togethers, ane one other week ages ago.
    - How come you dont see them? time to do some talking!

But back to topic, its weird when this kind of thing happens, part of you wants to just forget about it altogether and make to most of life, the other part feels that you shouldnt forget about it, becuase thats disrespectfull.
    - Or alteast, that show it was for me.

Best of luck, sorry for your loss, Daniel

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.