im going to a funeral tomorrow watch

ReputationRep:
    now now
    *spanks izzy*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    now now
    *spanks izzy*
    was that really necessary? did i deserve spankage for that? methinks not... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    When I lost my parents, I had relatives crawling out of the woodwork I never knew existed, although I suspect most of 'em wanted to see if they got a mention in the will. Funny thing was, they were all bawling their eyes out and I was thinking "you never KNEW my parents, so why are you crying?"

And funnily enough, it was the vicar who said to me, "people aren't crying for the deceased, they're crying for themselves". And I guess he was right.

After all - does the person "in the box" really CARE??

ReputationRep:
    You lost your parents? That must be really bad, sounds stupid but sorry. if you dont mind me asking, how did it happen? was it at the same time? you dont have to answer

ReputationRep:
    You lost your parents? That must be really bad, sounds stupid but sorry. if you dont mind me asking, how did it happen? was it at the same time? you dont have to answer
    no that's ok - it was quite a few years back. Yeah - they died in a car smash - I was on a ship at the time and had to fly back. I'm told it would have been painless for them - I'm glad they didn't suffer.

ReputationRep:
    wow, you have a lot of courage in a way, i always have a lot of admiration for people that have lost one parent, let alone both of em.
    best of luck in the future, and even more with your music career

ReputationRep:
    wow, you have a lot of courage in a way, i always have a lot of admiration for people that have lost one parent, let alone both of em.
    best of luck in the future, and even more with your music career
    ....thanks......although I've been in the "biz" since I was 16 - that's 24 years now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by co co)
    ive never been to one before. its someone from my dads side of the family, it should be really interesting because ive never met most of my family so im really looking forward to it....even tho someone has died.
    I've only ever been to one funeral and met loads of the "black sheep" who I'd never known existed, including a second cousin my own age - didn't know there was anyone else in the family my age so that was cool!

Only thing is, my family wanted to stay in touch with "the other side" but my grandparents didn't like it, so they've stopped talking to us :s:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.