Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am starting to visit unis this week - my first being on Wednesday (Royal Holloway), any hints tips, etc.?

i have my train time table,
    A list of things doing there,
    Info on buses,
    Sheet from the centigrade with bullet points, etc,

Any advice? I'm also bringing a camera to take snaps of the place.

HH

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you see everywhere... walk around the areas they don't want you to see as well. Explore the city too, if you're not familiar with it already.

ReputationRep:
    make sure you give yourself a chance just to get an impression of the place. a place may not have ticks in all the boxes but there's something about you just can't explain but you like. remember you're going to live there for 3/4 years, you have to like the atmosphere.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Royal Holloway on Wednesday too! :hello: It sounds like you pretty much have everything under control, so all I can say is maybe make a list of questions you want to ask staff and current students about the course, the accommodation, the university in general and the local area. Otherwise you might get home and think 'damn, I wish I'd asked....'

ReputationRep:
    It's been suggested that you should go to a uni but not on an open day to get a true feel for the place, when everything isn't on show and out to impress.

ReputationRep:
    You all sound far more prepared for uni open days than i was. I had no idea what to expect at all

ReputationRep:
    Take time to visit the surrounding area, ask to look at a variety of halls and not just the nice done up ones they want you to see (this may not be possible, but if you don't ask you'll never know), and just take time to take in the atmosphere of the place.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.