Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Im looking to do an apprenticeship in Birmingham as it looks like my college days are over with and was wondering if there are any good places to search for a very good apprenticeship?

I was looking into possibly BMW (car firm), IBM or all the major computing firms but cant find any links to doing them. Mainly searching for apprenticeship where i can learn but have a good chance of getting a job at the end of my apprenticeship.

Anyone got any useful information or links?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by talksoccer)
    Hi all,

Im looking to do an apprenticeship in Birmingham as it looks like my college days are over with and was wondering if there are any good places to search for a very good apprenticeship?

I was looking into possibly BMW (car firm), IBM or all the major computing firms but cant find any links to doing them. Mainly searching for apprenticeship where i can learn but have a good chance of getting a job at the end of my apprenticeship.

Anyone got any useful information or links?

Cheers
    My brother is in his second year of an apprentiship with Land Rover in Solihull. He applied for it through the careers service at school I think. Try contacting Connexions (the Birmingham careers service for young people) I'm sure they'll be able to put you in touch with the right people.

Good luck,

Ruthie xx

depends on what you want to do. try your local council

ReputationRep:
    Is there any sites i can check on the internet

Also what about BT or IBM is that possible? Any other places in Birmingham people have may have an idea bout?

Is there any sites i can check on the internet
    yes. here

Also what about BT or IBM is that possible? Any other places in Birmingham people have may have an idea bout?

BT do. ive applied to them before for telecomms engineer. not sure bout IBM

ReputationRep:
    Do you know if its easy to get into BT as Telecomms enginner does intrest me.

Also how can you apply?

ReputationRep:
    I would go to your connexions office, as that is the best place to find apprenticeships. Sometimes these apprenticeships lead to qualifications like BTECs and/or NVQ level 3.

I thought you wanted to do A-levels or BTECs... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Im just following the advice of my tutor, keep your optins open

Also how can you apply?
    try contacting BT and asking for an application form for an apprenticeship. thats how i got mine

ReputationRep:
    Is there like a deadline in which you must apply before as i checked on the BT site there are not any vacancies for apprent.

Will try calling them tommorrow if i can find a number

ReputationRep:
    Just read a site that the BT applications have ended in April 29th.

Just read a site that the BT applications have ended in April 29th.
    i doubt youll get an apprenticeship starting in september. deadlines were months ago

ReputationRep:
    When is the next deadlines possibly or if i apply will it be for next september?

ReputationRep:
    When is the next deadlines possibly or if i apply will it be for next september?
    It depends when there are vaccanies for a particular job. I would ask them about the deadline stuff if I were you.

i doubt theyll be taking anyone till next year. so youll prob have to wait til then. havin said that, dont give up for this years. someone might still have places

ReputationRep:
    There will be vaccancies eveywhere. You could try looking at other places beside BT for the time being. I would recommend you to look in your local Connexions office for apprenticeships.

ReputationRep:

Also how can you apply?
    my mother and father in law are both pretty high up at " that phone company", I will ask them when app deadline closes and wether they take anyone else in between that time. my partner has worked every summer with them since he was 16 and one of his frineds has just started the egineer thing!

ReputationRep:
    Ah thank you

I went to the connexions office and found 2 good apprenticeships and have applied for one but will look at applying on the other one in the next week. Do many people apply for all these apprenticeships?

ReputationRep:
    Ah thank you

I went to the connexions office and found 2 good apprenticeships and have applied for one but will look at applying on the other one in the next week. Do many people apply for all these apprenticeships?
    It depends what type of apprenticeships it is and how popular it is. You could ask the people in connexions about how man people apply to those apprenticeships. By the way, which other 2 good apprenticeships did you apply for?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.